What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

twin 3600w grows

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Looks great Hippy. Keep us posted man. I agree with you on the importance of trimming! Great point.

Have you ever tried running bigger pots than those 4x4 white pots to give them bitches more root space? I find plants appreciate all the root space they can get and those smaller pots get packed full in E/F

Keep us posted bro!

my frst time running rw cubes in a pot, i didnt like how much water slabs hold onto. also with these i can, and do re-arange them...
already into flower, friday the 12th. they seam to be doing excelent so far, even though the pots are not light-proof.

Hey dig back to those ice boxes.... Have you at least seen them in use to know they aint worthles...? im cutting 2k out of my grow till i get another spot and thinking about gettign them icebox as enough to not run a a/c....

I got a 600$ chiller 1/4 HP does like 100+ gallons but if i could remove my a/c that would be sweet....

im fixing to buy a 3-5hp chiller,
www.hydroinnovations.com they sugest about 1/4 hp per 1k....
that might work well for one K maybe 2K with a/c still, but at that point it wont be running as often. might need one or 2 more chillers for 4-6k to go a/c-less
id like to ditch my window a/c aswell.

are you running multiple clones per rock wool cube?

in room 2 yes, 4 clones per cube, a few have less.
room1 is over-veged and sog'd

check it out.
side show of dog's

sensi ak47

dispo jack the ripper

dog

dog

dog

dog

dog

runnng light movers in here too, trying to reduce the watts, right now its 3600, but trying to reduce it down to 1k and a couple 600's alot of light for only 5x 3'x3' tables.

ONLY 15 days into flower.
73 day and night first 2 weeks to reduce strech.
co2'

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
so you do a mix of organic and inorganic hydro pretty much correct? Im interested to hear what you have found makes the best all around herb, you have more growing experience than me and im just curious what works best for you. if its a secret i understand but im sure we could all use the info, let us know :dueling:

yes synthetic and organic works well. lots of teas, lots of biologicals, bacteria, trichoderma, bacillis, mycorizzal, enzymes.

although, plant health is key, ive had bad crops with expensive nutes because the plants were not ready to do what i wanted, and great crops with cheap nutes here the plants were ready. proper trimming and flushing/atmosphere is also v.important.

i am always adapting my formula to whats changing in the market. i find i use very little connie with all the add-ins, also use way less on most produts then what they recomend.

AN organic-B is my fav nute, it helps plants and colonies of bene's...
best of both worlds rocks it out.

foliar sprays with 'messanger' (eden bio-science) is really good, harpin protine stimulates the imune system and foliars with asprin/salscylic acid trigger that BK01 gene.

potassium silicate is awsome for first couple weeks of flower when plants need stem strengthening.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
yes synthetic and organic works well. lots of teas, lots of biologicals, bacteria, trichoderma, bacillis, mycorizzal, enzymes.

although, plant health is key, ive had bad crops with expensive nutes because the plants were not ready to do what i wanted, and great crops with cheap nutes here the plants were ready. proper trimming and flushing/atmosphere is also v.important.

i am always adapting my formula to whats changing in the market. i find i use very little connie with all the add-ins, also use way less on most produts then what they recomend.

AN organic-B is my fav nute, it helps plants and colonies of bene's...
best of both worlds rocks it out.

foliar sprays with 'messanger' (eden bio-science) is really good, harpin protine stimulates the imune system and foliars with asprin/salscylic acid trigger that BK01 gene.

potassium silicate is awsome for first couple weeks of flower when plants need stem strengthening.

nice that about covers it haha if you had to choose a brand of chem nutes which would you chose (i'm talking non organic) AN, GH, Dutch MAster, etc.. whats your take on this?

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
nice that about covers it haha if you had to choose a brand of chem nutes which would you chose (i'm talking non organic) AN, GH, Dutch MAster, etc.. whats your take on this?

my trusted source at my grow store tells me the AN and GH 3 part are the same. -

dutch master is also a good company that is under-rated they make a product called "zone" its a MUST HAVE for the tool-box copper sulfate essentialy although it kills all microbes its the best thing ive found to fix ROOT ROT problems. 9999999x better then hydrogen peroxide.

-if you want a 2 part earth juice is also a good company at a decent price.
i would personaly stick with AN 2 part, if i DIDNT use connie, id switch to monkey juice (organic 2 part) or floranova(gh 1 part) otherwise with just chems id go with DM/AN/GH or even botanicare. although they have alot of different mixes of PBP(pure blend pro) probably whatever is cheaper, DutchMaster or botanicare are usualy cheaper IME...
(to straight up answer your Q, DM/AN/botanicare are my prefered brands)

although brand isnt indicitive of success, its nice to know how to use nutes in general, reading the ppms before and after mixing in each ingrediant, frequent ph'ing, what the plant wants, reading the plant took me a while(talkin' years..) to master. switching to RO water is more important then buying better nutes, id run lucas/ro before i run connie with tap.... people (myself included) like to blame other for there problems... but ultimately if the grower got a "bad batch" of some nute, its the growers responsibility to be checking the res as he mixes, bad batches arnt always bad, the grower usualy isnt paying enough attention to notice the increase in strength. i used to blindly follow the bottle but keeping the ppm's in perportion is more important then anything.

kind of had some diharrea of the keyboard right now....:joint:
trying to share some insight on my methods of thinking.:2cents:

if a crop fails its my loss, i dont have room to blame a nute batch or company for what is really my responsibilty. :dueling:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
floranova looks good, do u need a paint shaker to mix it properly or just violently shake it?

i just violently shaked it for a few min.... the mixer would make it ez and fast tho.

on second thought to your Q....
if i were to run only 2 part + ro id run connisuer

i was thinking of a side-by-side with dif base nutes.
with alot of suppliments the base nutes become less important...

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
updates

updates

some new shots...25 days...:joint:

not getting enough light..WW
picture.php

AK
picture.php

picture.php

cd lollied'
picture.php

cd..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lookin good. switched out all the lights from 1K->600W the chemd barily have 2-3" below the hoods as they pass on the LR3.
AK's are enjoying the 1K, there so very stout.
running the co2 to the max, and ramping up temps..(80-86)

turbolaser4528

Veteran
i just violently shaked it for a few min.... the mixer would make it ez and fast tho.

on second thought to your Q....
if i were to run only 2 part + ro id run connisuer

i was thinking of a side-by-side with dif base nutes.
with alot of suppliments the base nutes become less important...[/QUOTE

thanks. awesome grow man, as far as lighting is concerned, do you use galaxy digital/electronic ballasts? I wanted to buy a digi/elec light but reliability issues has me really hesitant. I mean if the ballast lasts me 2 years I'm fine with that, just dont want it crapping out after a few cycles, in your opinion which is the best digital on the market? or should I just go with a good magnetic? thanks bro, good karma headed your way:joint:

christen23

my trusted source at my grow store tells me the AN and GH 3 part are the same. -

dutch master is also a good company that is under-rated they make a product called "zone" its a MUST HAVE for the tool-box copper sulfate essentialy although it kills all microbes its the best thing ive found to fix ROOT ROT problems. 9999999x better then hydrogen peroxide.

-if you want a 2 part earth juice is also a good company at a decent price.
i would personaly stick with AN 2 part, if i DIDNT use connie, id switch to monkey juice (organic 2 part) or floranova(gh 1 part) otherwise with just chems id go with DM/AN/GH or even botanicare. although they have alot of different mixes of PBP(pure blend pro) probably whatever is cheaper, DutchMaster or botanicare are usualy cheaper IME...
(to straight up answer your Q, DM/AN/botanicare are my prefered brands)

although brand isnt indicitive of success, its nice to know how to use nutes in general, reading the ppms before and after mixing in each ingrediant, frequent ph'ing, what the plant wants, reading the plant took me a while(talkin' years..) to master. switching to RO water is more important then buying better nutes, id run lucas/ro before i run connie with tap.... people (myself included) like to blame other for there problems... but ultimately if the grower got a "bad batch" of some nute, its the growers responsibility to be checking the res as he mixes, bad batches arnt always bad, the grower usualy isnt paying enough attention to notice the increase in strength. i used to blindly follow the bottle but keeping the ppm's in perportion is more important then anything.

kind of had some diharrea of the keyboard right now....:joint:
trying to share some insight on my methods of thinking.:2cents:

if a crop fails its my loss, i dont have room to blame a nute batch or company for what is really my responsibilty. :dueling:

Just to throw in my opinion.. I have used MANY lines of nutes and i thought i liked Biotanicare pure bend pro line the best and i used it for many many grows and i was talking to a lady at my hydro shop and she was giving me the sales pitch on liquid light... i was thinking yea right.. bitch just wants to sell me a $60 bottle of shit that aint gonna work.. so i get home and start re-searching and reading.. and doing more work and then i go back and get bottles of just dutch master grow A+B and Flower A+B and did a test run in my 2x2 tray.... NEEDLESS TO SAY it out performed biotanicare by a long shot.. bigger colas better faster groth AND NO nut deff.. Now i use dutchamaster gold A+B gorw and flower, MAX grow and flower, silica, zone, and penetrator + liquid light during veg and the first few weeks of flower along with bloombastic.. but i gotta say the shit is AMAZING.. its a fucking god sent.. Now i have tried AN and it worked well.. i think alot is personal preferance, i have some friends that SWEAR and i mean SWEAR by biotanoicare, and some tha SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR by just organic but when i am consistantly getting bigger plants with better yeilds with denser buds i believe SOME of it has to do with the nutes,, because before they would outgrow me.. now they are amazed and Dutchamster is my little secret.. eventhough they know..

enough with the nutes.. GREAT GROW and i wish u the best and cant wait to see the harvest!!! PEACE
~POE~

(edit) btw you are correct Zone is the SHIT!!! best all around nute i have ever found.. not only have i ever had root rot using it i also never have powder mildew anymore.. a little bit a zone with some penetrator and say goodbye to pm for good!!

~POE~

Shine On

hi digi and all the rest of ya,
seems like you've got quite the following of new guys. this looks like the place to soak up lots of great info. i'm watchin and learnin so if ya don't mind i'd like to hang out here and see ya make them bitches scream... "flower me now!!" ...that's awesome. lol

Maxyeild

It was my understanding that nutes do NOT improve your yield. But environment is what will improve your yield. Once you hit the plants "sweet" spot that is it, they can only take a certain amount of nutes. But environmental conditions is what can really increase your yield. So a lot of these supplements are a waste of money, from what I have seen. Like in Lucas formula, 8-16 is all the plant needs to survive and thrive no additive's needed. Just my .02

Hell of a grow by the way!! Nice stuff!

REZDOG

Veteran
i think you got me wrong.
im about growing THE BEST. AND trying to get BOAT loads of it.

lucas works. and will get the job done. you'll have some plant matter with trichombes and all that.

i just happen to want people to smell my bag(within a bag, within another bag), before i even walk up. AND.. AND. i want it to stick TO THE BAG.
i want each genetic line to be as pronounced as possible.

i also need to make sure the plants are "ready", im not just talking 'ok to flower' or, 'established', i want them screaming "BITCH, flower me NOOWW!!"

using PGR's such as bushmaster or bloom phat cause terpine production to decrease, have to make sure that is addressed aswell.

id give some more info on my line but everyone seams to love growing
"work weed"
im not doing anything people havent talked 20 kinds of shit on.
besides, it doesnt matter what fertalizer you use, routine maintinance and TRIMMING are bigger keys then people give them credit for.
:dueling:

Huh.
In order to get no odor,I would have to vacuum-seal my "GH-grown" Chemdog 2-3x,with a layer of "fabreeze",between the layers,in order for it to be truly odor-free.
Otherwise you can smell it about a city block away,and you cannot carry it in public without an air-tight container.
(And I mean air tight!!) ....And roaches? Fuggitaboutit'!
I also get equal to > greater than yields than my "organic" friends do,per watt.
Oh,and my pot burns clean,white ash,and the joint stays evenly lit. The organics I sample rarely ever meet that test. I don't grow "working weed",at all,but I can tell you that what I do grow,is very highly regarded,by the people who it's given to. (I don't sell weed,there's no point for me to,all things considered.)
My personal variation on the "Lucas Formula" (called "The Recipe",see the Sticky in my forum for details) gets FAR better results than the plain-jane,older,"Lucas" version. I spent about ten years tweaking it,and anyone who's seen The Old Lucas Formula vs. The Recipe,in action,have modified their regimens,immediately afterward,and :whohoo: 100% of the time to great success,as well.
Reading one's plants is a skill one can learn,over years,with patience.
Information is power,and never be afraid to stop and learn something new,even if it conflicts with what you think.
Exceptional grow,btw-it looks really fuckin' sweeeet!!

Cheers!