What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

twin 3600w grows

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
i just violently shaked it for a few min.... the mixer would make it ez and fast tho.

on second thought to your Q....
if i were to run only 2 part + ro id run connisuer

i was thinking of a side-by-side with dif base nutes.
with alot of suppliments the base nutes become less important...

thanks. awesome grow man, as far as lighting is concerned, do you use galaxy digital/electronic ballasts? I wanted to buy a digi/elec light but reliability issues has me really hesitant. I mean if the ballast lasts me 2 years I'm fine with that, just dont want it crapping out after a few cycles, in your opinion which is the best digital on the market? or should I just go with a good magnetic? thanks bro, good karma headed your way:joint:

i have 3 galaxy's and 1 lumatek(all 600w), if i were to re-buy id go galaxy all the way. my lumi 'buzzez' the cord is un-nervingly loose, and its fixed @ 240v
my galaxies are all from 06' and are flawless, fast spark, never an issue,

my other ballasts cosist of 6 "powerhouse" (american made HF)1K hps's and 1 SS 1K MH and a coil 400W.

THE BEST ballast out now IMO has to be the Quantium.... there ONLY and i mean ONLY problem is they cant spark the dual-arc bulbs.(nbd...)

Just to throw in my opinion.. I have used MANY lines of nutes and i thought i liked Biotanicare pure bend pro line the best and i used it for many many grows and i was talking to a lady at my hydro shop and she was giving me the sales pitch on liquid light... i was thinking yea right.. bitch just wants to sell me a $60 bottle of shit that aint gonna work.. so i get home and start re-searching and reading.. and doing more work and then i go back and get bottles of just dutch master grow A+B and Flower A+B and did a test run in my 2x2 tray.... NEEDLESS TO SAY it out performed biotanicare by a long shot.. bigger colas better faster groth AND NO nut deff.. Now i use dutchamaster gold A+B gorw and flower, MAX grow and flower, silica, zone, and penetrator + liquid light during veg and the first few weeks of flower along with bloombastic.. but i gotta say the shit is AMAZING.. its a fucking god sent.. Now i have tried AN and it worked well.. i think alot is personal preferance, i have some friends that SWEAR and i mean SWEAR by biotanoicare, and some tha SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR by just organic but when i am consistantly getting bigger plants with better yeilds with denser buds i believe SOME of it has to do with the nutes,, because before they would outgrow me.. now they are amazed and Dutchamster is my little secret.. eventhough they know..

enough with the nutes.. GREAT GROW and i wish u the best and cant wait to see the harvest!!! PEACE
~POE~

(edit) btw you are correct Zone is the SHIT!!! best all around nute i have ever found.. not only have i ever had root rot using it i also never have powder mildew anymore.. a little bit a zone with some penetrator and say goodbye to pm for good!!

~POE~
checkout maxyield hes got a huge point.

hi digi and all the rest of ya,
seems like you've got quite the following of new guys. this looks like the place to soak up lots of great info. i'm watchin and learnin so if ya don't mind i'd like to hang out here and see ya make them bitches scream... "flower me now!!" ...that's awesome. lol

enjoy the show, hit me up if you have any Q's

It was my understanding that nutes do NOT improve your yield. But environment is what will improve your yield. Once you hit the plants "sweet" spot that is it, they can only take a certain amount of nutes. But environmental conditions is what can really increase your yield. So a lot of these supplements are a waste of money, from what I have seen. Like in Lucas formula, 8-16 is all the plant needs to survive and thrive no additive's needed. Just my .02

Hell of a grow by the way!! Nice stuff!

as i stated earlier "just survive" isnt in my vocabulary...

a person can live off top-ramen with milk and water, but to grow healthy u need all sources of food.

ive got a control for every aspect of my grow, over-heat control, so they never get above 90, temp so there always @75-85, CO2 controller to smash them with gas. dehumy & controller to ensure 40% RH, photo controler for the mover, 7 fans make the room a veriable WIND TUNNEL so i would have to agree yea your right....
BUT once you created THE BAHAMAS in the room nutes can make a differance. alot of people enjoy growing all-organic, that can be hectic.
i enoy AN because ive used it for so many years, i have all the ml/l memorized, its like second nature to me. alot of times i dont even measure, just a dribble of juice from the bottle.

trimming is important too. someone i know lost alot of yield because his plants were stiffled to death, too lazy to trim.

ive learned last few years less ppm is better then more.

Huh.
In order to get no odor,I would have to vacuum-seal my "GH-grown" Chemdog 2-3x,with a layer of "fabreeze",between the layers,in order for it to be truly odor-free.
Otherwise you can smell it about a city block away,and you cannot carry it in public without an air-tight container.
(And I mean air tight!!) ....And roaches? Fuggitaboutit'!
I also get equal to > greater than yields than my "organic" friends do,per watt.
Oh,and my pot burns clean,white ash,and the joint stays evenly lit. The organics I sample rarely ever meet that test. I don't grow "working weed",at all,but I can tell you that what I do grow,is very highly regarded,by the people who it's given to. (I don't sell weed,there's no point for me to,all things considered.)
My personal variation on the "Lucas Formula" (called "The Recipe",see the Sticky in my forum for details) gets FAR better results than the plain-jane,older,"Lucas" version. I spent about ten years tweaking it,and anyone who's seen The Old Lucas Formula vs. The Recipe,in action,have modified their regimens,immediately afterward,and :whohoo: 100% of the time to great success,as well.
Reading one's plants is a skill one can learn,over years,with patience.
Information is power,and never be afraid to stop and learn something new,even if it conflicts with what you think.
Exceptional grow,btw-it looks really fuckin' sweeeet!!

Cheers!

this is the man to be learning from. rez knows whats up.:2cents:

thanks for the props, but the CD does stink from blocks away...
hahahahaha yup, bag within a bag within a bag within a bag within a bag within a bag and it still reeks !! can smell me before i get there...

Maxyeild

Digital did you like the Lucas formula? I have used AN and all in the past but this go around I am using nothing but 0-8-16, I have a grow going in the Diary section called "Cinderella 99" check it out. I am growing in soil tho but so far so good they are doing great! I hope it last until the end. Every time I have used Big Bud it burns up my plants, so this time Im keeping in very simple. From all the reports I have seen Lucas seems to be a very successful way to go.

My grow is also dialed in to a T, sealed room and all. Took awhile to get there but Im there.

Pali

There is a reason why "all" us old school growers use lucas as a basic, atleast the hydro growers and thats because it works really well. Shure you need to adjust it a little, but thats cos every plant have a different nutrient uptake. So every time I switched to a new strain, I would adjust the formula just a little most of the time.

@Digital I would not agree with you that it don't matter what kind of nutrients you use, there is a huge differenes in how pure nutrient salts are in chem nutes. Cheap nutrients often have a higher sulfur lvl then high quality nutrients, other micro elements can also be too high in cheap nutes. So my thumb of ruels to growers are always.
Only buy nutrients that have listed a compleat list of nutrients in the bottles, if they dont there is a high risk that the company don't know themself or they don't want you to know!

I started to grow more buds and saved a shit loads on nutrients, after I took some classes on nutrients and nutrient makeing/mixing for commercial food and flower crops. Shure I started to spend more money on the nutrients, but I was able to use less nutrients as I did'nt need to change res that often. So in the long run I both saved alot of cash and yeald went up!

Cheers

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Digital did you like the Lucas formula? I have used AN and all in the past but this go around I am using nothing but 0-8-16, I have a grow going in the Diary section called "Cinderella 99" check it out. I am growing in soil tho but so far so good they are doing great! I hope it last until the end. Every time I have used Big Bud it burns up my plants, so this time Im keeping in very simple. From all the reports I have seen Lucas seems to be a very successful way to go.

My grow is also dialed in to a T, sealed room and all. Took awhile to get there but Im there.

i wont run lucas again.

your burning ur plants with the BB probably because its being used in soil, use 5-10ml/gal in soil. also...
why the f u using lucas in soil??

There is a reason why "all" us old school growers use lucas as a basic, atleast the hydro growers and thats because it works really well. Shure you need to adjust it a little, but thats cos every plant have a different nutrient uptake. So every time I switched to a new strain, I would adjust the formula just a little most of the time.

@Digital I would not agree with you that it don't matter what kind of nutrients you use, there is a huge differenes in how pure nutrient salts are in chem nutes. Cheap nutrients often have a higher sulfur lvl then high quality nutrients, other micro elements can also be too high in cheap nutes. So my thumb of ruels to growers are always.
Only buy nutrients that have listed a compleat list of nutrients in the bottles, if they dont there is a high risk that the company don't know themself or they don't want you to know!

I started to grow more buds and saved a shit loads on nutrients, after I took some classes on nutrients and nutrient makeing/mixing for commercial food and flower crops. Shure I started to spend more money on the nutrients, but I was able to use less nutrients as I did'nt need to change res that often. So in the long run I both saved alot of cash and yeald went up!

Cheers
i think u mis-understood me.
i agree with what ur saying
the best nutes out there are chelated, and bond with organic matter on contact. oftin making "uptake" forced..
thats also why i dont grow lucas.

lucas = work weed

i want the good shit.

Maxyeild

Just figured I'd give Lucas a run in the soil, seems to be working great as of now. I have tried AN and followed there schedule and all, but Lucas is simple plus so far very effective. I do not see how the Lucas can only grow "work weed?" Mine seem be getting coated in resin every day. Rez just uses a modified form of Lucas and his shit looks great. Just wondering what you mean by Lucas grows "work weed" cause if you supply the plant with sufficient nutrients of any brand, plus have the ideal environment it should all be very similar. This is excluding organic of course. just my .02

BigForest

Thats whats up man ive learn so much off this thread already wow !!!'
way to go digi!!!!!thanks for sharing and others that add on.I endure to learn new ways to do things ,and new ways to thinking or approaching growing but it seems some of the older guys ive learn from are stuck in there way of doing it and when i tell them or mention other techniques they just wanna do what they know and thats it ,no other way and there product is always nothing to write home about.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Just figured I'd give Lucas a run in the soil, seems to be working great as of now. I have tried AN and followed there schedule and all, but Lucas is simple plus so far very effective. I do not see how the Lucas can only grow "work weed?" Mine seem be getting coated in resin every day. Rez just uses a modified form of Lucas and his shit looks great. Just wondering what you mean by Lucas grows "work weed" cause if you supply the plant with sufficient nutrients of any brand, plus have the ideal environment it should all be very similar. This is excluding organic of course. just my .02

ill admit when i used lucas i wasnt as able to "read the plant" nor did i know what atmosphere conditions were best, nor could i afford any of the controllers/timers or equipment that makes growing "easier" and more effective. i enjoyed my 'erb too. it got me faded and of course at 30-40$ a gal i thought it was expensive, at that time for me it was. now i probably have 15-20K in gear.

alot of college chemistry and biology tells me that the more expensive/better ingrediants are going to perform better if the plant is capable of it in its current. google up "chelated iron"...

or tell me that a 99c McDonalds burger is just as good as a $6 burger.

alot of people dont take care of the plants or provide a good-enough atmosphere for there plants to take advantage of the differance

this is why i dont like to talk about nute mix's
everybody has there own ideas of "whats best"
and in alot of situations the most expensive isnt the best.

there are alot of suttle differances in 'erb alot of time the extra expense might not be worth it.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
7-1-09 updates!!!
seriouse ak47 is a real stout plant, def worthy as a keeper in anyones mom collection.....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

not sure what im doing here...
picture.php

sloping the trays....
picture.php

clean clean clean...atleast from algea...
picture.php

nitro-def telling me the medium isnt stockpileing nitrogen...
picture.php

timmbbeeeerrrr!!! chem colas leaning...
picture.php

trim skirt..
picture.php

picture.php

alot more trimming to do next few days...

more of the dog @32days

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest5703

damn bro this looks even sweeter than the chem D run...Or are they one in the same???? Or do you have two separate grows(or more??) going?!?! YOU DA MAN!!!! PEACE

wow man, that's a great setup, and you've got some amazing plants going. i wish you the best of luck with the final yield, though at this point it doesn't really look like you need luck, you've definitely got the skills to make it happen

turbolaser4528

Veteran
thanks for the info man, I already bought a 600w lumatek, but if It goes out ill grab a galaxy while its being repaired. I would think the quantum would be unreliable because it has a fan bringing moisture and other things inside the ballast housing. just a thought tho.

How does one figure out how to read plants better? If ppm goes up and ph goes down thats too much food right. but I have a 3 foot tall white widow under a 400 watt CMH, week 5 of flower in hydro, and its burning at 700 ppm on a .7 conversion. Just seems really low ppm wise, tips are burning and ppm keeps rising even with changing out the res and lowering ppm to 500. Lucas formula for now because I'm trying to master nute levels without burning the plants and my wallet. Not working so well haha take it easy :joint:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
damn bro this looks even sweeter than the chem D run...Or are they one in the same???? Or do you have two separate grows(or more??) going?!?! YOU DA MAN!!!! PEACE

2 seperate grows.... chemdog in both.
#1 @4kw
#2 @2.8Kw

thanks for the info man, I already bought a 600w lumatek, but if It goes out ill grab a galaxy while its being repaired. I would think the quantum would be unreliable because it has a fan bringing moisture and other things inside the ballast housing. just a thought tho.

How does one figure out how to read plants better? If ppm goes up and ph goes down thats too much food right. but I have a 3 foot tall white widow under a 400 watt CMH, week 5 of flower in hydro, and its burning at 700 ppm on a .7 conversion. Just seems really low ppm wise, tips are burning and ppm keeps rising even with changing out the res and lowering ppm to 500. Lucas formula for now because I'm trying to master nute levels without burning the plants and my wallet. Not working so well haha take it easy :joint:

using non-organic nutes you need even less ppms then 700. id venture to say your ppms are raising because your water is evaporating, it happens to me aswell..
white widdow is (to me) a finiky strain and its being burnt in my room aswell.. tips are a tad brown. ph going down isnt bad, just correct it with ph-up and your ok. currently im using up in my res... it goes back-and-fourth, atleast for me.
honestly im only runnning my res at 950ppm right now.
1/2 of that is organics, teas, yeasts, enzyme ppm's.

you do need to let the plants "ride the PH" though...
i.e.
when your adding up.. bring ph to 5.8-6... so it can ride down to 5...
when your using down.. bring ph to 5.3-5.4 so it can ride up to 5.8-6
makes sence?

turbolaser4528

Veteran
2 seperate grows.... chemdog in both.
#1 @4kw
#2 @2.8Kw

using non-organic nutes you need even less ppms then 700. id venture to say your ppms are raising because your water is evaporating, it happens to me aswell..
white widdow is (to me) a finiky strain and its being burnt in my room aswell.. tips are a tad brown. ph going down isnt bad, just correct it with ph-up and your ok. currently im using up in my res... it goes back-and-fourth, atleast for me.
honestly im only runnning my res at 950ppm right now.
1/2 of that is organics, teas, yeasts, enzyme ppm's.

you do need to let the plants "ride the PH" though...
i.e.
when your adding up.. bring ph to 5.8-6... so it can ride down to 5...
when your using down.. bring ph to 5.3-5.4 so it can ride up to 5.8-6
makes sence?

It makes a lot of sense, thank you for that.

I do have a question though, how do you know what ppm to keep the plants at? Do you just up the ppm 100 every week or something like that? Because this is always what confused me with feeding. Haven't had a complete deficiency or nute-burn free grow EVER. Always some slight overfeeding or underfeeding, and I feel like I'm not making progress as a grower. I'm sure this would, and maybe already has, bother/ed you also. My bad for all the questions, I know you're a busy dude with that 4600w grow hah :headbange

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Nice pics, how many days are those AK's?

32 in that pic. there looking really good. the ak47 really is a great strain. especialy for beginers who dont have money to play with the PGR's. also stout so works well in small grows.

It makes a lot of sense, thank you for that.

I do have a question though, how do you know what ppm to keep the plants at? Do you just up the ppm 100 every week or something like that? Because this is always what confused me with feeding. Haven't had a complete deficiency or nute-burn free grow EVER. Always some slight overfeeding or underfeeding, and I feel like I'm not making progress as a grower. I'm sure this would, and maybe already has, bother/ed you also. My bad for all the questions, I know you're a busy dude with that 4600w grow hah :headbange
you do start to read the plant....
im running about 900ppm right now. alot of organics though... i made some home-mae-teas and still getting tip-burn

dont you ever notice how the leafs look wierd sometimes?
light yellow...twisting...curleing/"clawing" etc??

best method to know what ppms are good is to watch the tips. once its burnt, you water down the res, im assuming? so do i, ok then we wait untill the new leafs tips stop getting brown...sometimes i dont increase the ppms' if the plant is getting burnt that'll only stress her/them more...
i tend to also use the same res for multiple weeks... just 'toping off' with h20 (always RO) and on week 2(of the res) i do add whatever suppliment is deemed for that period.

Nice Grow Set Up. How long do you veg?
What number are you shooting for?

veg in my small room was unique this time around, i used a product that i shouldnt have, as a result some of my plants started blooming in 18/6 after cutting off a few sites, and flushing for weeks, they continued to veg (only blooming at a few heavily shaded tips) so about 3 months... most of it spent, not growing atall... didnt seam to have any effect on the crop, but they did jump to flower awfuly fast with pistols out @ 9 days.

big room- (after 14-21 days of clone/rooting period)veg'd for 10 days after they been transplanted into the flowering room.

i do like the white-pot method, and will try to use that as my standard growing method from now-on... 3x3 rw cube on 50/50 perlite/rw crutons.
i hate the large number but sog is very good method.

im shooting for 2-3 lbs in my small room and 4-5lbs in my big room.

i tried changeing the title because its now 4000/ 2800 ...but whatever

updates tomorrow, im expecting.
some phat chemdogs. rooms looking great, ill try and get a shot of the widdow/satori.

Shine On

What's your take on this?

What's your take on this?

hi digi,
i posted this in another thread but should have put it here. big mike sent me this: www.GrowersUnderGround.com/Myth
since you are the best one to answer it, what do you think?

thanks for taking the time.
it's a big help to a noobie like me.

shine on ***/\~~~~

Latest posts

Latest posts