What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Modernizing a Supercloset Deluxe 3.0 from 2011

So I got this supercloset off craigslist. It's from 2011. A few of the hydro components work such as the airstone, water pump. The HPS and ballast are still good as far as I know (still haven't tested, would do a new bulb for use in grow). This is a 600 watt system encouraged for use with Co2.

The consensus from the suggestions I have been getting is to upgrade the lighting to LED or Autocob. Can anyone help me redesign this system to that C02 would not be needed? It has a few holes cut out designed for elbows for cords to go through. Maybe repurpose for more interior air intake? What would you guys do?

kISemzXwSd-CIK7M09MpbQ

Fjb3F6x0QJqgIuLbOYMq6Q

Sorry for the lack of pictures I tried to insert some via link but it didn't work. I figured out how to do albums I think so it should work now. So here goes:

Fixer

I don't know what the footprint is but it looks like a 400W LED would sort you. I'd stay away from MH of SV lights in a box that small.

I don't know what the footprint is but it looks like a 400W LED would sort you. I'd stay away from MH of SV lights in a box that small.
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will be going that route and using lesser wattage/updated lights.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Once you remove the cooltube, and replace with a LED light, you will have plenty of holes for airflow.

Just let the cooltube duckting hang down, and the exhaust will draw air thru them out near your canopy.

How'd your project turn out?

I lost the key for it while doing some midnight outdoor gardening along with my housekey and had to spend all night outdoors. DOH! The project has been on hold but I finally got the lock picked by a friend so I can resume the build