Modernizing a Supercloset Deluxe 3.0 from 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modernizing a Supercloset Deluxe 3.0 from 2011

So I got this supercloset off craigslist. It's from 2011. A few of the hydro components work such as the airstone, water pump. The HPS and ballast are still good as far as I know (still haven't tested, would do a new bulb for use in grow). This is a 600 watt system encouraged for use with Co2.

The consensus from the suggestions I have been getting is to upgrade the lighting to LED or Autocob. Can anyone help me redesign this system to that C02 would not be needed? It has a few holes cut out designed for elbows for cords to go through. Maybe repurpose for more interior air intake? What would you guys do?

Sorry for the lack of pictures I tried to insert some via link but it didn't work. I figured out how to do albums I think so it should work now. So here goes:

Comment

That's a drawing of what is essentially the unit and it's holes for it's original design.

Comment

I don't know what the footprint is but it looks like a 400W LED would sort you. I'd stay away from MH of SV lights in a box that small.
        Specs for the New Growroom

Comment

Originally posted by Fixer View Post
          I don't know what the footprint is but it looks like a 400W LED would sort you. I'd stay away from MH of SV lights in a box that small.
          Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will be going that route and using lesser wattage/updated lights.

Comment

Once you remove the cooltube, and replace with a LED light, you will have plenty of holes for airflow.

Just let the cooltube duckting hang down, and the exhaust will draw air thru them out near your canopy.
            A New Start - diary of a retired farmer
            The Groffice - a retired farmer expands
            HGL XB70's vs DIY Strip Light - Side by Side Grow
            My Flippin LED Tent - Cheap n Fast

Comment

How'd your project turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Fixer View Post
                How'd your project turn out?
                I lost the key for it while doing some midnight outdoor gardening along with my housekey and had to spend all night outdoors. DOH! The project has been on hold but I finally got the lock picked by a friend so I can resume the build

Comment

Get back at it! You'll be happy you did.

Comment

Working...
                  X