What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Ghost Toof x SBR autos are taking off now.. I transplanted them from their cups into their final home. They were a little dry and I wasn't as gentle as I had hoped to be, but they shouldn't skip a beat. I watered everything in with recharge.
picture.php

Spent some time working on the driver cabinet. I got the hinges mounted and tested the door. I went with two hinges instead of three. The hinges are rated for 12.5 pounds each, and I am at about 25-30 pounds with the drivers. Adding a latch to the other side should make up for what ever extra weight I may have. The frame is mounted using some corner braces. The braces are secured to the studs on the right and with toggle bolts on the left.
picture.php

Finally, I laid out the drivers on to mount on the outside of the door. The drivers all have a 1" gap between them. This spaces them evenly and allows for airflow. Once I mark everything, I'll drill holes through it.
picture.php

zif

Veteran
I'd be very tempted to throw a high static pressure, small PC fan venting out the top of that cabinet.

Absolutely love the tidy setup, though!

Dion

Hey bro

For paper pots I cut a toilet roll cardboard thing in half and use those for strength

Not sure ur size though

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I'd be very tempted to throw a high static pressure, small PC fan venting out the top of that cabinet.

Absolutely love the tidy setup, though!

If it wasn't clear, those drivers will be outside the cabinet, the only thing the cabinet is doing is hiding the wiring. :good:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Switching up the IPM this week. Sprayed Method 1 PPS four days ago, sprayed again this morning. My Juanita mom is looking pretty sad. I'm thinking being in these 16 oz. pots for 9 months with MC and no flushing may be an issue. I decided to repot the rootball in some fresh (recycled) soil.
picture.php

She has been over fertilized, over watered, and had peat damage. Hope she pulls through. I have two sad looking cuts in the clone dome.
picture.php

Speaking of the clone dome, I took a few cuts off some of my taller mothers. For my records, the green cups are Skywalker OG, the red cups ar Cherry Tart, and the blue cups are Zak Haze.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I got all the holes marked and drilled to mount the drivers and controllers. Note to self, you need to drill three more holes for the power to the Sonoff switches. I still need more hardware too.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Productive day today. I got all of the trim painted and up except the cabinet trim. The doors now look complete.
picture.php

The then I started up with the baseboard. Finished the lung room.
picture.php

When I was working on the flower room I put a few brads in this wall, but it still wouldn't stick. I forgot it was concrete. Had to glue it instead.
picture.php

Finally, I got the baseboard in the veg room and started on mounting the drivers. I'm going to need to get some longer screws for the Sonoff controllers.
picture.php

I'll still need to put up the cabinet trim,caulk any gaps in the trim, and touch up the paint. After that, ill make the fabric beds and start building my soil.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always a pleasure to come back to this thread. If not for growing weed then for how to take no shortcuts to real home improvements.
You have my attention, as always because you pay a lot of attention.
All the best
CC

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Last night, I got some longer screws for the Sonoff controllers and got the rest of the drivers mounted.
picture.php

Everything fired up nicely, but I still have to wire up the PWM controls for the dimming of the 2700K and 5000K strips.
picture.php

I ordered up some self adhesive zip ties to manage the rat's nest of wiring. Right now I have trouble with the door not being able to close, partly because the wood is warped and partly because of the wiring and mounting hardware.
picture.php

I took a mental health day tomorrow. I hope to get the trim on the cabinets. Then I'll run a bead of silicone on the baseboard and trim, and touch up any paint. After that, all I have to do is get the beds made and soil built. Hopefully, by Sunday I'll have dirt and soak some seeds.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Took care of the garden last night. Starting at the top of the rack, the Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose (Ghost Rose) are looking pretty good. The one on the left is starting to form some bud sites. I raised the light a bit to get some more vertical growth on them.
picture.php

Now for the bad news, remember that Juanita la Lagrimosa mother I re-planted? Well she didn't make it. Too much stress for her I suppose. I have two small cuts of her that have been in RR cubes for about a week. Do you think they will make it? Shall I pray to Shiva? I do have another seed from the original three, but one was 1:1 CBD to THC and the other was all THC. I also have some Juanita la Lagrimosa x Lowryder2 that I planned to work some more. So, we will see what fate has in store for my Juanita Auto project.
picture.php

The rest of the clones are all happy and healthy.
picture.php

The next rack down I have a couple of Jabba's Stash rooted clones. These are in 10 oz. paper cups of recycled soil.
picture.php

Finally on the bottom rack are my mother plants. I don't know what to say.. I came to the realization that I have been feeding these a salt based fertilizer (Mega Crop) for about nine months now without ever having flushed. On top of that, I was taking clones and sticking them back in the same 16 oz. pot. So, I did something I rarely do, and flushed my plants. After the first gallon of RO, the PPM was 800 (500 scale) and the pH was 7.0. Not bad, but not great either. After about three gallons of RO water, they were at 400 PPM and still pH 7.0. I put them on some cloth towels so they would dry out faster. Perhaps another prayer to Shiva is in order? So the lesson here is, no-till doesn't work in 16 oz. pots with Mega Crop. The Green Crack (front right) looks pretty sad, but new growth looks like she may live. The ICookies (front middle) looks like it wants to live, but has a lot of crinkly leaves even on the new growth. Everything else I have cuttings or rooted clones of.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I took a mental health day yesterday. It was quite needed, I hadn't taken a day off since my birthday in July. I slept late and started the day with a breakfast burrito. After a couple of dabs, I got the trim up on the cabinet.
picture.php

After that, I got all the tools I had borrowed from my dad and ran over there to return them. Then I went and got the last of what I needed to finish building my soil. So, that should be happening this weekend. By the time I got home with dinner, I vegged in front of the TV and watched "The Boys" on Prime Video.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Gor everything measured out for the soil. 15 gallons of EWC, 3 gallons of mineral mix, and couple gallons of ammendments. I need to grind the barley in the bag, but will do that right before mixing the soil up.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Decided that the Ghost Rose plants on the top shelf need more than the 27 or so Watts than they currently have. So, I went digging around in my spare parts box and had everything I needed to build a light.

First I started off with four SolStrips and a 120 Watt MeanWell driver. Then I grabbed a Sonoff POW and a potentiometer for dimming.

Next i grabbed some aluminum angle from my old lights in the workbench. I used the existing holes to mount the strips, I just had to cut them shorter. I also cut two pieces mount the driver.

Then I screwed the heatsinks to the aluminum angle and riveted the driver to the other two pieces. Those were a little too thick to rivet together, so i used some nuts and bolts.

Finally I wired the strips, the sonoff POW, the potentiometer, and the plug. I reused the old hanging hardware and it was ready to fire up.
picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I present to you the Veg Rack 2.0! I removed the two strips on the top where my autos were and moved them down to the bottom where my mothers are. That will give my mothers more light and a better spread as well. Then I installed the new light, turned down to about 28W.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Put in another long day in the workshop. I started the day out by flopping the Ghost Rose autos. Flopping them after the lights went out seemed to work pretty well. They both had hollow stems, all I had to do was squeeze them until they flopped on their own. Here they are a few hours after the lights came back on, already pointing back upward. The light has been increased to 40 Watts.
picture.php

Next, I sewed the fabric beds. First I placed the pattern on the felt, and pinned it in place. Then, tracing the pattern, I cut out the pieces for each bed. Next I sewed each one together, and fit the beds around the PVC frame. I sat each one in the trays and put them in the flower room.
picture.php

While I was mixing up some soil, I decided to run a test with all the lights on. With the AC Infinity T-8 speed set at 5 and no circulation fan, it got up to 90°F. I'll add a circulation fan and turn up the fan speed later and see if that doesn't improve things.
picture.php

Finally, I mixed up six cubic feet of soil. It's basically a Coots mix with a couple extras. I started out with some compost, one cubic foot of Malibu Biodynamic Compost, one cubic foot of Oly Mountain Fish Compost, and two cubic feet of homemade vermicompost. Next I ground the 12 malted barley and mixed with the six cups crab/shrimp meal, six cups neem meal, and six cups kelp meal. This was then sprinkled over the compost and then mixed well. Next I added four gallons of charged biochar and then mixed it well. Then the same thing was done with the three gallons of mineral mix (two parts basalt, one part gypsum, and one part oyster shell flour). Next I added four cubic feet of sphagnum peat moss, that was rehydrated with some water with reetha as a wetting agent. This was sprayed and mixed a couple more times. Finally, I added two cubic feet of rice hulls and two cubic feet of pumice and mixed it up one final time. I then had to carry the soil downstairs two five-gallon buckets at a time. I sprayed each bed between each ten gallons to get an even moisture.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got the circulation 16" circulation fan hooked up. This one will oscillate in a figure 8 pattern. It definitely moves some air even on it's lowest setting. I ran a few more temperature tests. I was able to keep the temperature around 77°F at the soil (78°F at the probe) using only the 5000K lights (360 Watts).
picture.php

I cranked everything up to 100% (1200W) and was up to 84°F at the soil (85°F at the probe). This got me thinking, if I do run everything full blast, thats like 50 Watts per square foot. Pretty bright for LEDs. At 35 Watts per square foot, thats only like 70% power. Better hook up my dimmers. So, between running dimmed and plants using up some of that energy, i should be alright.