What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Tonight I spent some more time working on the doors. I went to the hardware store looking for something to use for the frame. I ended up finding some PVC molding that was the perfect measurements. Nice and light weight too. So I started with making a template out of cardboard.
picture.php

Next I used the template to trace the hole onto the back of the door. I used a sharp utility knife to cut out the hole. There was some cardboard in there foe support, I cut that away too. Finally I got the frame fit inside the door. I got tired and stopped there.
picture.php

I plan to tape the frame into place, flip the door around, and sample the frame together from the other side. Then I'll flip it over again and cut the hole out.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I plan to tape the frame into place, flip the door around, and sample the frame together from the other side. Then I'll flip it over again and cut the hole out.

Keep up the good work, ReikoX. It is difficult to maintain the attention to detail when all you really want is to "finish it". Closer and closer....
:friends:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I had a pretty productive weekend in the workshop. Friday I took a mental health day from work. The wireless internet went down, so I went home to work. By the time I got there, I lost all motivation, so I decided to putter in the workshop. I managed to finish cutting out the holes in the doors for the dark room louvers. I also had to trim up the bottom of the doors, they were rubbing on a high spot on the concrete. Finally I painted the door jams.
picture.php

picture.php

Saturday I had the kiddo so nothing got done. On Sunday, I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and paint the doors outside. I did a couple coats of Killz primer as well as a couple coats of the blue. While I was waiting for the paint to dry between coats, I was able to get the door trim cut. There are a few gaps, but nothing some of that 3/4" putty @buzzmobile turned me on to wont fix.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Fixer, I plan to have veg going here soon

Now that the door is in, I hooked up my AC Infinity Cloudline T6 and matching Phresh filter in the veg room. I finally figured out the controller.
picture.php

I also got my strips mounted. I used the same plastic angle that I used for the frame of the door. The plan is to zip tie one to the shelf above except the top one will be hung from the ceiling. I just realized with the LDD drivers and the Bluefish controller, I won't have to use a timer.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Figured out the pin pattern on this Bluefish breakout cable today. Went ahead and labeled a drawing of it for future reference.
picture.php

I am trying to figure out how I want to mount the components for the veg rack. Trying to decide how to lay them out. I spent way too long looking for matching bolts, nuts, and standoffs. In the end I found just enough hardware. My plan is to cut a piece of sheet metal the depth of the rack, bend it, and mount it on the side.
picture.php

I added a 0-10V dimmer to my 16"x16" tent, this will be useful for cloning, quarantine, etc. My mothers are in there now and getting a bit hot with the current temperatures, so I dimmed it all the way down. I also cleaned the intake, the whole thing was covered in "dryer lint". That should also help cool it down in there.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I present to you the Veg Rack v1.0. Four shelves, each shelf has about 25 watts, individually dimmable running off Bluefish controller. I also have a fan for each level I need to install, I'm running some temperature tests now.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Last night I washed a few 10x20" trays and my humidity dome. The tall humidity dome fits perfect on the shelf. I think I will do a little bit of re-organizing. Using the controller, the top shelf is set to 20% and the clone shelf is set to 5%, both on an 18/6 schedule. The shelf height is perfect for clones and seedlings, but a little bit too small for my bonsai mothers right now. I had to put them on the top shelf, and even then had to trim them a little bit. I think I am going to move the bottom shelf, it can go down one more level. That should give me enough height for my bonsai mothers and free up the top shelf for a couple of autos.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I had another productive day in the workshop. First I got the 2x4' tent, light, and fan/filter packed up and put in storage.
picture.php

I pulled some recycled soil out from storage and a couple of 3 gallon Radicle Bags and saucers. I mixed up a gallon of aloe, silica, and castile soap. I foliar sprayed my bonsai mothers with it, then did a soil drench on the 3 gallon bags. Finally, I moved the bottom shelf down one level, allowing more room for my bonsai mothers.
picture.php

Next I had to hang the AC Infinity Cloudline S8 and the monster 8" carbon filter. It only weighs 21 pounds. I didn't quite trust the toggle bolts, so I attached three strips of wood to the rafters. Then I painted them white and hung the filter from them.
picture.php

I also pulled my SolStrips out of storage. I cut the aluminum angle, marked the holes with a template, and drilled the aluminum. Finally I assembled the three lights. Here they are with the supplemental boards for reference.
picture.php

The last thing I did before passing out was soak a couple of Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose seeds. The plan is to put these in the 3 gallon bags on the top shelf.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Today I pulled out all my drivers and controllers for the lights. I'm still deciding the best way to mount/install these. Can anyone tell which driver doesn't belong? My stoned ass ordered an extra HLG-**120**H-24B instead of the HLG-**240**H-24B. The good news is, I have four extra strips in 3500K that will match up with that driver. Not exactly sure what I'll do with it, but having a spare driver is never a bad thing.
picture.php

The overall plan is to mount the drivers on the wall of the veg room, then run the wires through conduit to the flower room. I already soldered up the connections in the conduit boxes. I still need to solder up the connections to the lights and get testing that. I might make the driver board with a piece of plywood on hinges so I can run the wiring in the back. It should look pretty neat and clean that way.

I may go ahead and add another Sonoff 4CH so that I can have one for each light. I'm then debating whether I want to have the two Emerson boards on a separate driver from the Exotic boards, or if I want to run them all off the same one. I guess it mostly depends on the behavior of the lights when there is no PWM signal, if they will go to off when there is no PWM then I will run them all off the same driver. Otherwise, I will run them on separate drivers. This mainly has to do with me wanting to be able to have the IR on for an additional 15 minutes after lights out.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
After about 48 hours in a cool dark place, these two Ghost Toof x SBR seeds are sprouting tails. If you look close you will notice they are still floating on top of the water.
picture.php

I got tired of buying rapid rooters to clone and start seeds, so I bought this little pot maker. These little pots are made out of paper grocery bags. Let's see how they do.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got some movement going on the GTxSBR seedlings. The paper pots are working out pretty well so far.
picture.php