No announcement yet.

ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight I spent some more time working on the doors. I went to the hardware store looking for something to use for the frame. I ended up finding some PVC molding that was the perfect measurements. Nice and light weight too. So I started with making a template out of cardboard.

Next I used the template to trace the hole onto the back of the door. I used a sharp utility knife to cut out the hole. There was some cardboard in there foe support, I cut that away too. Finally I got the frame fit inside the door. I got tired and stopped there.

I plan to tape the frame into place, flip the door around, and sample the frame together from the other side. Then I'll flip it over again and cut the hole out.
    ReikoX's Workshop
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
    Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
    WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Like your design. that's a lot of work. Keep going.
      WWW.MARS-HYDRO.COM
      Coupon Code"ICMAG"

Grow Diaries:
      FC6500 Harvest
      FC-E4800 solo grow

FC4800 VS FC-E4800
      SP3000 Comparison grow

Comment

Originally posted by ReikoX View Post
        I plan to tape the frame into place, flip the door around, and sample the frame together from the other side. Then I'll flip it over again and cut the hole out.
        Keep up the good work, ReikoX. It is difficult to maintain the attention to detail when all you really want is to "finish it". Closer and closer....
        “The sun will eclipse soon unless you sacrifice the prince consort to the goddess of the moon.”
        Hans Bornefeld

Comment

I had a pretty productive weekend in the workshop. Friday I took a mental health day from work. The wireless internet went down, so I went home to work. By the time I got there, I lost all motivation, so I decided to putter in the workshop. I managed to finish cutting out the holes in the doors for the dark room louvers. I also had to trim up the bottom of the doors, they were rubbing on a high spot on the concrete. Finally I painted the door jams.

Saturday I had the kiddo so nothing got done. On Sunday, I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and paint the doors outside. I did a couple coats of Killz primer as well as a couple coats of the blue. While I was waiting for the paint to dry between coats, I was able to get the door trim cut. There are a few gaps, but nothing some of that 3/4" putty @buzzmobile turned me on to wont fix.

ReikoX's Workshop
          WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Just some fit and finish on the doors.
            Last edited by ReikoX; 08-17-2020, 03:22. Reason: wrong image
            ReikoX's Workshop
            WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Looking good! Looks like you're close. How many days to finish?
              Specs for the New Growroom

Comment

Fixer, I plan to have veg going here soon

Now that the door is in, I hooked up my AC Infinity Cloudline T6 and matching Phresh filter in the veg room. I finally figured out the controller.

I also got my strips mounted. I used the same plastic angle that I used for the frame of the door. The plan is to zip tie one to the shelf above except the top one will be hung from the ceiling. I just realized with the LDD drivers and the Bluefish controller, I won't have to use a timer.
                ReikoX's Workshop
                WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Coming along real nice, great job Reikox!
                  A New Start - diary of a retired farmer
                  The Groffice - a retired farmer expands
                  HGL XB70's vs DIY Strip Light - Side by Side Grow
                  My Flippin LED Tent - Cheap n Fast

Comment

Figured out the pin pattern on this Bluefish breakout cable today. Went ahead and labeled a drawing of it for future reference.

I am trying to figure out how I want to mount the components for the veg rack. Trying to decide how to lay them out. I spent way too long looking for matching bolts, nuts, and standoffs. In the end I found just enough hardware. My plan is to cut a piece of sheet metal the depth of the rack, bend it, and mount it on the side.

I added a 0-10V dimmer to my 16"x16" tent, this will be useful for cloning, quarantine, etc. My mothers are in there now and getting a bit hot with the current temperatures, so I dimmed it all the way down. I also cleaned the intake, the whole thing was covered in "dryer lint". That should also help cool it down in there.
                    ReikoX's Workshop
                    WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I present to you the Veg Rack v1.0. Four shelves, each shelf has about 25 watts, individually dimmable running off Bluefish controller. I also have a fan for each level I need to install, I'm running some temperature tests now.
                      ReikoX's Workshop
                      WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Looks good! What are the dimensions?
                        Simple grafting: process, progress, result

Comment

Each shelf is about 24x18" the shelves are about 12" apart.
                          ReikoX's Workshop
                          WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ReikoX again.
                            A New Start - diary of a retired farmer
                            The Groffice - a retired farmer expands
                            HGL XB70's vs DIY Strip Light - Side by Side Grow
                            My Flippin LED Tent - Cheap n Fast

Comment

Last night I washed a few 10x20" trays and my humidity dome. The tall humidity dome fits perfect on the shelf. I think I will do a little bit of re-organizing. Using the controller, the top shelf is set to 20% and the clone shelf is set to 5%, both on an 18/6 schedule. The shelf height is perfect for clones and seedlings, but a little bit too small for my bonsai mothers right now. I had to put them on the top shelf, and even then had to trim them a little bit. I think I am going to move the bottom shelf, it can go down one more level. That should give me enough height for my bonsai mothers and free up the top shelf for a couple of autos.
                              ReikoX's Workshop
                              WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Working...
                                X