X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work with Sketchup.
    Specs for the New Growroom

Comment

I finally got a little bit of time to work on the workshop again. I've been very busy lately between work, home school, day care, and my normal cooking and cleaning. I took advantage of the nice weather and got my cabinet doors all painted yesterday. My daughter, of course, had a 100 questions. "What are you doing?" "Why are you painting those" "What are they" etc. After I got them painted and they were dry to the touch, I put up some shelf liner on the boxes in the shelves and removed the painter's tape from around the boxes. Then I put all the hardware back and the doors on.

The whole time I was putting on the cabinets I was cursing the flat head screws. These damn flat head screws took a job that should have only take me about 30 minutes and made it take about 120 minutes. First issue with a flat head is it is difficult to index the screw head. A flat head only has two positions that will work, while a phillips head screw has four positions. Another issue with these flat head screws was that half of them were painted. As if using a flat head wasn't hard enough without the paint. I tried using a drill on them, but that was laughable at best. I was going to buy new hardware just so I wouldn't have to fuck with these flat heads, but when I saw the line at Lowes I decided against it. Fortunately, I shouldn't have to remove these doors again for quite some time. By then, believe me, I will be using a phillips head!
      ReikoX's Workshop
      2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
      Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
      WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I was just recently dealing with flat head screws on duct clamps so I learned that same lesson recently - never doing that again hah.

On the plus side the cabinets turned out great, Reiko!

Comment

This magnetic drill bit holder has proven its worth to me. The black part is a sliding sleeve that stabilizes the screw as it is being driven. It will definitely make a slotted screw easier to drive. Philips head screws are even easier to work with it.

Attached Files
          Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Great build out! Can't believe I missed this one. Looking forward to seeing it back up and operational.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
              This magnetic drill bit holder has proven its worth to me. The black part is a sliding sleeve that stabilizes the screw as it is being driven. It will definitely make a slotted screw easier to drive. Philips head screws are even easier to work with it.

View Image
              Thanks Buzz, if I ever have to take them off again, I'll remember that!

I got a few more hours to work in the workshop. The tape and mud are complete in the veg room now. It is starting to go a little faster now as I get the hang of it.

I even tackled the extraction outlet. Not bad, I'm sure the texture will hide a lot of my mistakes.

And this is why I wanted to get these cabinets finished. They are where I store my stash. The bottom jars are what I have left, the top jars are all empty. They were all full when I started this project in January.
              ReikoX's Workshop
              WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

No wonder you're nervous.
                Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

A word of advice, if you value your time throw all of you flat head screws away. Then throw all of your philips head screws away (except sheetrock screws.) In the US there is a brand of Torx head or star drive screws, called GRK. There are other brands but GRK are my favorite. Square drive screws are also decent but less available.

Comment

My dad came over today with the hopper and compressor. After a little playing around, we got a thick texture put up in the veg room. The hardest part was the clean up really.

I even found the motivation to tape and mud a couple more walls. I need to pull out the workbench so I can get the corner behind it. I'll need to pull it out to texture too. I still need to tape and mud the ceiling and edges. It is going a lot quicker as I get more practice.

Most likely I will put two coats of primer in the veg room next. After that I will put up two coats of exterior flat white like I did in the flower room. In the flower room, I did a smooth texture. For the veg room I'm not so worried about light reflectivity etc. It's just a few mothers and clones in there really.
                    ReikoX's Workshop
                    WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

It is not often that I will work on the workshop while the kiddo is here, but I've been on a roll lately. Today I got everything ready to primer the veg room while the kiddo was at mom's. So after the kiddo went to bed at 10:00, I changed clothes and got two quick coats of primer in there. I left the door open with a couple of fans blowing in there. It should dry pretty well overnight. It's starting to look like a room.
                      ReikoX's Workshop
                      WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Last night I got two coats of flat white exterior paint in the veg room. I had just enough paint left over from the flower room to finish the veg room perfectly. No pictures because they look almost identical to the ones I posted yesterday. I don't know how much longer I can keep up this pace, but I sure do like how fast the progress is, relative to the previous rate of progress anyway.

I still have quite a few tasks left to complete the rebuild. Next I need to finish the tape and mud in the lung room. Then I need to cover everything in the lung room in plastic. After that, I'll sand everything and apply the texture. Finally, I'll prime and paint the lung room. From there, I need to get the doors installed and painted. With the doors in place, I'll be able to finish the trim and baseboard. That should finish up the lung room with the exception of a few little things like wall plates for the switches and outlets.

If my timing works out, I'll be just finishing the lung room when my tent is ready to harvest (sometime in the middle of July). From there I can begin building my lights and installing the remote driver board. I need to sew my custom flowerbeds and mix up about 90 gallons of soil too. I'm sure there are a few little things I'm not thinking about that I'll need to take care of, but I'm hoping to begin growing in there by the beginning of August.
                        ReikoX's Workshop
                        WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Nicest build tread IMHO very details sketch/ build pic's.. I really like this room .

peace to all

Comment

Nice work! You'll get there. It took me most of last summer to complete my build out. It was worth the wait.

Comment

Great work and effort you're putting into that room, respect.
                              Maybe it hold for ever!!!
                              CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin

Comment

I've been trying to do something in the workshop every night. Today, it was a simple thing. I got the outlet face plates installed.
                                ReikoX's Workshop
                                WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Working...
                                X