What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Still have my bonsai mums in the Quarantine tent. 10 bonsai mums and four rooted cuts in a 16" x 16" tent. Good thing I have a lot of micro practice.
picture.php

A nice dab of Butter Cookies rosin. It looked so pretty in the sunlight, I had to take a photo.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Still thinking about containers, etc. My original plan was to build custom trays on casters with fabric pots. The dimensions I chose gave me quite a bit of room.
picture.php

I saw these 64-gallon commander totes being used elsewhere. They would work, but only give me about 1/2" of clearance in the shorter distance. I can see this being a bit of a PITA to get these actually into position with the wheels only being on two sides. The more I look at this drawing, I doubt I could even fit three in there, I would likely have to go with two.
picture.php

While at Home Depot, I found these 45-gallon totes with slightly smaller dimensions. They also have wheels on two sides, but are slightly smaller all around. However, I would probably only put 30 gallons of soil in them vs 45 gallons of soil in the other totes. I may be using these if I don't decide to go back to the custom built beds.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got another 6x7 area of the floor stripped. Ran out if paint stripper, so I will have to buy one more gallon to finish the last 4x7 area
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My Juanita mum is getting a bit stretchy with woody stems. I decided to take a few cuttings and root them. This worked nicely with the Green Crack cuttings I gave to my brother.
picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are those root plugs in schnapps plastic glasses? That's a great idea i will try to use too as last time I tried without a proper plug tray mine were falling over too easily...
CHeers
CC

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got three more sheets up on the ceiling. Hope to put up more tomorrow.
picture.php

Also got the last section of the floor stripped. Once the wall board is up I'll do the floor in two sections.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Good help is hard to find. My buddy did get a couple more sheets of wallboard put up today. I like my buddy, but he didn't show up until noon, took an hour to smoke and drink a beer, worked for an hour, took his kid home, then came back.

Of course he spent another hour smoking and drinking before doing another hour of work and calling it quits. At this rate, I’ll be done by the end of June
picture.php

Now that there is sheetrock in this corner, I might as well throw up a light. I went into storage and pulled out three 5000K X2 SolStrips, a HLG-120H-24B driver, a potentiometer, and a Sonoff TH-16. I already had the frame, so I just had to screw it together and wire it up.

I had this greenhouse in my dining room with several house plants in it. Most of them moved to my new office, the rest got spread out around the house, and I threw the aloe plants outside. I needed somewhere to put it, because there is no room with my new dining room table.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got the first half of the workshop floor cleared off, cleaned, and etched. This is a photo of the floor after the etch and rinse. The floors are still wet, and it is not breeding up or pooling, so this should be good to go. I plan to get this half tomorrow while the kiddo is at her mom's.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Taped off the walls and the doorway, then cut in the trim. Then, using a roller, I did small 4x4 sections. Finally I added some aggregate to cover up any imperfections.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Today I got all the pieces cut for the base the plywood base will be attached to the 1x4 frame, caulked, and painted. The casters will be attached to the base and the fabric beds will sit in them.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I got a couple hours to work on the beds today. I screwed the 1x4 together, pre-drilling so I didn't crack split the wood. Next I screwed the 1/2" plywood to the frame. Then I caulked the interior joints. Finally I coated both sides with primer.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I got these little nylon feet for my workbench sections so they can slide on the new floor without damaging it. I slid the workbench into place and it was almost as if it was designed to go there. The top is a little bit too long, I'm going to have to cut a couple of inches off of it to get it to fit.
picture.php

With the workbench out of the rooms, I got the floors etched. I'll have some free time this weekend to put down the epoxy.
picture.php

Boxes are piling up around here like Christmas. The 2x4 tent, supplemental LEDs, both fans, and one filter. I have several other boxes of soil amendments due to arrive today.
picture.php

Started laying out the LED wiring harness and soldering the connectors. These are 10A connectors and 16AWG wire. This should be good for up to 10 feet.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Today my 1:30 meeting got canceled, so I was able to put a couple of coats of blue on the outside of the planters. Then I flipped them over and taped the edges. I also taped the edges of the rooms. Finally, I got the floors done in both the rooms.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Not a whole lot going on with the build while in my "stay at home" orders. I did, finally, open up the supplemental boards and tested if they worked. They do. Still need to do some testing on the PWM controllers, see if I can piggyback multiple boards on the same dimmer channel. If not, I may need to buy another Bluefish (mini) controller.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My buddy came over today and put up more sheetrock in the flower room. It's pretty easy to practice social distancing with an 8' piece of sheetrock between us. I had to help with the ceiling, otherwise I was in my office working.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My buddy came by again today and finished up the sheetrock in the veg room. He still has a few small pieces to fit, then will begin with the tape and mud. I still need to build and test my lights, sew my fabric beds, mix up my soil, and install my exhaust to work on in the meantime.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
On January 3, 2020 I put my mother plants into the 16x16 tent in my master bathroom. Despite multiple trimmings, these plants have grown quite leggy over the last few months.
picture.php