What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose came down at 78 days from germination.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Spent the better part of yesterday cleaning the workshop. I washed all the pots and trays with soapy water, then rinsed them with bleach. I also cleaned all my tools with soap and bleach. Then I pulled everything out and swept and mopped the floors. While everything was out, I finally got around to caulking the trim and painting over the nail holes. Good thing my new dab rig showed up, I was able to stay quite medicated while working in the workshop.
picture.php

I had replaced a couple of my bonsai mothers with fresh clones, so I decided to transplant them into the beds and make a few seeds, can you find them? I also chopped up more clover for the worms and nitrogen.
picture.php

About a week ago, I put these Grapey Walter Kush in to beer cups. Now that the Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose are harvested and drying, I recycled my soil and reset the pots. This time I'm going to go with 2 gallon pots. They are a little smaller and fit in the standard 1020 flower trays. Next up are some Durban Poison cuttings and some Skywalker Kush cuttings. I've managed to get one cut of each of the Durban to root, and the Skywalker are taking forever like usual. Young clones are on the next shelf. It's a mix mash of a bunch of stuff. I recently gave my brother two Jabba's Stash and my dad three Zak Haze. Finally at the bottom we have my bonsai mothers, some of them look like they were re-vegging. I've been slowly increasing the lights, and that seems to have helped.
picture.php

I cleaned up my workbench with bleach then some alcohol to clean up the resin. I ran out of time before I could get the blue paint touched up around the trim in the lung room or clean my glass. I plan to clean my glass this evening and paint sometime this weekend.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose have been hanging for a week now, so I bucked the buds into paper bags. While trimming up I noticed this sneaky basted. This is why I have a couple hundred of these seeds left...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I pressed out a couple grams of lower dried buds and took a nice cold start dab out of the Stache RiO.
picture.php

picture.php

G

Your lab is the ducks guts. :gday:

Q- Do you rinse the off pots with water after the bleach?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
No I just dried then with a towel. Maybe I should have. Nothing smells like bleach though..

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose have been hanging for a week now, so I bucked the buds into paper bags. While trimming up I noticed this sneaky basted. This is why I have a couple hundred of these seeds left...
View Image
View Image
View Image

I pressed out a couple grams of lower dried buds and took a nice cold start dab out of the Stache RiO.
View Image
View Image
What is that like? I’ve been hitting Dab for a long time , I’ve never tried pressed resin? is that what it’s called? Should I get a press? Get away from the solvent-based extractions maybe?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
What is that like? I’ve been hitting Dab for a long time , I’ve never tried pressed resin? is that what it’s called? Should I get a press? Get away from the solvent-based extractions maybe?

Thanks for stopping by Star,

The fresh pressed flower rosin is nice, it has a lot of flavor, but also some plant waxes. If you already have the equipment and skills to make solvent-based extracts, I would stick with that at your scale. Yield is better and you can process more at once. Rosin at scale is best done with bubble hash. Even a big press can only process about an ounce of flower at a time. My press only does 5 grams, which is fine for a couple days worth of dabs.

Man people are taking this hash rosin shit too far. Buds go from the plant directly to the freezer. From there they wash it in a cold room < 40°F. The hash is then put in a freeze dryer before being bagged up and pressed. From there people do different techniques to make the different consistencies such as budder, diamonds, etc. We have come a long way since squishing buds in a t-shirt press.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
It's great for headies. I made my own, but I hear the nug smasher is a perry decent tabletop unit.

G

It's great for headies. I made my own, but I hear the nug smasher is a perry decent tabletop unit.
This is your fault reiko. I went on the hunt for a press the other night.Came up with a 10 tonne shop press with the gauge on top and separate handle. (As opposed the bottlejack style press)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maximum-10-ton-shop-press-0090221p.html#srp

Heat plates and sensors
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07N1GZS1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
That should be fun to play with dots. Not too bad of a price and its mostly assembled for you!

Fixer

This is your fault reiko. I went on the hunt for a press the other night.Came up with a 10 tonne shop press with the gauge on top and separate handle. (As opposed the bottlejack style press)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maximum-10-ton-shop-press-0090221p.html#srp

Heat plates and sensors
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07N1GZS1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd love to know how that setup works for you. I'm subbed if you start a thread!

Awesome seed fridge ReikoX!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Final weight on the Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose is 54 grams. Not too bad considering I was only using 60W. The next round is moving along, I transplanted them into their final containers and bumped the lights up to 105W, let's see if I can maintain about 1GPW.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I spent the last few days playing with my pulse grow monitor. It's very interesting the relationships between light intensity, temperature, RH, and VPD. Being able to see trending data, and how adjustments made can change that is helping me dial my new grow space. I never thought I would say this, but I think I may need a dehumidifier come flowering time.
picture.php

All three trellises are strung up. The bed on the right is totally overgrown while the one on the left and middle could use a bit longer to veg. This is a seed run, so I wonder if I should flower sooner and get a good run in quicker, or blow the space up and see what happens?
picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Well, the Grapey Walter Kush are showing pistils. They must be flowering, better switch to bloom nutes bra. Next round I may skip the solo cup and go from seed starter right to these 2 gallon pots.
picture.php

picture.php

The rest of veg is coming along. Nothing too exciting about it. I should take some cuttings of the ICookies and Green Crack today.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Its been four weeks since I transplanted the seedlings into the bed. Today I switched my timers to 12/12, today will be their first short day. I adjusted my light intensity to max, to maintain a similar DLI with a shorter light cycle. Finally, I lowered my temperature and humidity setpoints to increase my VPD to 1.5 kPa. They also got watered with some EWC extract, aloe, silica, and fulvic.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts