No announcement yet.

ReikoX's Workshop Rebuild 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week I was working the exotic spectrum boards and I couldn't get the PWM connections to fit in the connector. I got frustrated so I quit before I broke something. A couple days late I looked closely and noticed the connector was soldered shut. I ended up having to solder the connections. I also made some wiring harnesses and confirmed that all four supplemental boards will work off a single power supply.

Today I made six more harnesses and wired up the three lights. I then connected the three sonoff controllers to the network then hooked the drivers up to them. Finally, i connected all the 2700K and 5000K drivers to the remaining two channels of my Bluefish controller.

I have a single LED diode out. I had some water damage in my old storage cab, basically the remaining diodes just get more power.
    ReikoX's Workshop
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
    Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
    WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Was wondering about the different seeming color temp in the middle panel....

I thought maybe it’s binning variation, but then noticed a run of eight or so LEDs looks off on the second strip from the top.

Any idea what’s going on there?

Looking so good overall. Really curious to see how the next-level control tech treats some plants!
        Simple grafting: process, progress, result

Comment

Oh wait - so that whole ‘block’ of LEDs is being affected by one that’s out? I can’t work out why they’d be dimmer? If you jump over/bridge out that bad one, will they light fully again?

So the overall temp difference is just older strips vs newer?

Comment

So each light has 6x 2700K (yellowish) strips and 3x 5000K (blueish) strips. Now, the middle one actually has 6x 3500K strips, so they aren't quite as yellow looking. If that's what you are talking about, good eye.

As far as the bad block, its likely due to the series/parallel configuration of the board. I could probably jump the bad diode, but for now I'm not stressed about it.
            ReikoX's Workshop
            WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Nice - I was thinking they really need to up the consistency in the 2700Ks!

Comment

The good news is, I have a very biologically active soil; the bad news is, the paper pots decomposed faster than I could get roots, so they got tossed into the worm bin. I may try the paper pots again with newspaper. I found that the newspaper lasts longer in the worm bin than the paper bags. I may try filling it with just peat, or even coco instead of the recycled soil I usually start clones in.

My Juanita La Lagrimosa mother is getting leggy again, so I took two clones and put them in RR. I transplanted the two remaining rooted Jabba's Stash clones to 10 oz. cups and moved them onto their own shelf. The Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose on the top shelf finally started some growth above the soil. I have slowly been increasing the top light's midday value. Right now, they are up to 80% of the max intensity. Sorry for the webcam photo, I forgot to snap one with my phone.

I cleaned out my dirty concentrate containers with ethanol. I then rinsed all my rosin bags in the same ethanol. I stuck the alcohol in the freezer for a few days so it can winterize. I'll then filter the solidified waxes and evaporate the last of the alcohol. I'll use this for cooking and capsules.

I have been hearing about the calyx concentrate containers on Hash Church. They are stack-able, can be opened one handed, and have a FEP anti-stick liner for the lid. When I looked them up, they only sell them by the box of 250, so I bought a one. I pressed out some rosin to test them out. So far I am enjoying them. Here is the Butter Cookies rosin for your dome!
                ReikoX's Workshop
                WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Now that I got the wiring harness bench tested, I installed it to the ceiling. In retrospect, I should have painted the wood strips. That's okay, I'll just tape it up, nobody should be looking at the ceiling anyway.

I drilled a hole between the flower and veg room for the conduit and ran the wire for the lights. I plan to have a wood door on a hinge for the drivers. The drivers will be mounted to the front of the door and the wiring hidden nicely behind it.
                  ReikoX's Workshop
                  WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I ordered up a small 12"x12" wire rack for the veg room. I needed somewhere to organize my grow stuff.

The autos on the top shelf are finally getting some steam going. Next shelf down are some Jabba's Stash clones that just got transplanted into 10 oz. cups. Next down are a couple Juanita la Lagrimosa cuttings waiting to root. Finally, on the bottom, my bonsai mother plants.

ReikoX's Workshop
                    WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Got quite a bit accomplished in the workshop this weekend. First, I installed a GFCI outlet in the veg room. This is the plug I'll use for the lights in the flower room.

My plan is to make a cabinet for the drivers. The drivers will be mounted to the front with the wiring behind. This should keep the rats nest of wiring looking nice and tidy. I got the frame and the door cut out and primered.

Finally, I painted the wood strips on the ceiling and hung all the lights. I still have a few adjustments to make, but everything pretty much fits.
                      ReikoX's Workshop
                      WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

The Ghost Toof x SBR autos are taking off now.. I transplanted them from their cups into their final home. They were a little dry and I wasn't as gentle as I had hoped to be, but they shouldn't skip a beat. I watered everything in with recharge.

Spent some time working on the driver cabinet. I got the hinges mounted and tested the door. I went with two hinges instead of three. The hinges are rated for 12.5 pounds each, and I am at about 25-30 pounds with the drivers. Adding a latch to the other side should make up for what ever extra weight I may have. The frame is mounted using some corner braces. The braces are secured to the studs on the right and with toggle bolts on the left.

Finally, I laid out the drivers on to mount on the outside of the door. The drivers all have a 1" gap between them. This spaces them evenly and allows for airflow. Once I mark everything, I'll drill holes through it.
                        ReikoX's Workshop
                        WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I'd be very tempted to throw a high static pressure, small PC fan venting out the top of that cabinet.

Absolutely love the tidy setup, though!

Comment

Amazeballs

Comment

Hey bro

For paper pots I cut a toilet roll cardboard thing in half and use those for strength

Not sure ur size though
                              ----///-\\\----
                              ----|||----|||---
                              ----|||----|||---
                              ----|||----|||---
                              ----\\\-///----
                              -----\\///-----
                              ------///\-----
                              -----///\\\----
                              ----///--\\\---

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304279

Comment

Originally posted by zif View Post
                                I'd be very tempted to throw a high static pressure, small PC fan venting out the top of that cabinet.

Absolutely love the tidy setup, though!
                                If it wasn't clear, those drivers will be outside the cabinet, the only thing the cabinet is doing is hiding the wiring.
                                ReikoX's Workshop
                                WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Working...
                                X