What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specs for the New Grow Room

Fixer

I'm going to harvest the next three Key Lime Pie a little early. That and the Sunset Sherbet seem to be done in 49 days. The buds change color, the top leaves fade, there are all sorts of amber tricombs etc. I have been giving them a lot of light and CO2. Who knew?

wunderbra

great CFL technique, esp for stealth/micro closet growers

great CFL technique, esp for stealth/micro closet growers

So are you saying that the flowers mature at different rates depending on strain?
IMO,:huggg:it's all about light-bands or bandwidths-of-light. Light-bandwidths are the instructions that tell the plant what it needs to do. There are far more bands of light than just Blue or Red light that a plant can recognise. IMO, Light-bandwidths lean towards the Blue-spectrum or Red-spectrum, or they may be a mix of the two.

With CFL's It depends on the manufacturer to get the bandwidths right; hence people have problems with Blue-spectrum-light giving them too much veg (as I did), or Blue-spectrum-light causing flowering too early; which I now have, and I am trying to utilise as a concept. Some manufacturers aim their bandwidth towards flowering; hence even their Blue-light spectrum products, meant for vegging, promote flowering traits. It may relate to the amount of mercury-vapour in the tube, and the way this is manufactured. I was using a Maxibright 200w Blue-light for vegging when I came accross this anomaly. Then I added another Red-light tube to the setup, with a total of 400w output, when some of the flowering was a little unreliable, and then this went well.

I can now get plants into flower very early, from about 2 weeks from seed using a Maxibright 200w Blue-light CFL, which induces flowering on its own; plus I now add a little more Red-light (total 400w output) to fully promote flowering, as some plants in less well lit positions got left behind, and I had to reflower them with Red-light after they stopped flowering. This turns out to be quite a good technique, and as I can't stop the Maxibright 200w inducing flowering anyway. (Might stop flowering on 24 hours of light though). In fact, this pic shows a plant well gone into flower after 5 weeks. I forgot to take a pic at 2 weeks becuase it was just a few pistels, and I couldn't get a focus at the time.

Although the plants are small at this stage, they still tend to get a good build of bud by the end of the grow. I just grow more plants to make up for the shortfall. A good tip is to keep seedlings in one or two rows parallel to the CFL tube, as this helps keep plants the same height; then less tethering is needed, and plants can be kept closer to the light. This is a great idea for cfl growers who want to keep their plants small, and keep stealth nice and easy. Maxibright is my name, and almost immediate flowering on Blue-light 12/12 is my game. Well, almost completely in, and you may find bud production kind of drops out a bit as they gain maturity; simply add more Red-light, or indeed a Maxibright Dual-spectrum may suit your needs better. Not been able to try this yet. More for the pros. Heh. :tiphat:

Please note: plants flowered from seed have the same growth period length. Flowering will all but end at the end of the cycle. So this is not a good way to start a flowering cycle for growers going onto HID or High-pressure-sodium. Therefore, plants won't get any bigger, and will soon end their cycle. (IMO, and which you can see from photos).
attachment.php
This is the same plant at 10 weeks. So it was a few more weeks, and I had a good supply of chunky bud.

attachment.php
:peacock:
IMO, CFL's can be more optimal for everyday use, and where CFL's are cool, safe, stealthy and cheap to run; where HID is hot, dangerous and not very stealthy. Furthermore, this concept is ideal for personal use, and has been proven to produce yields that can more than provide for personal needs. Need more? Just grow more plants, considering how much bud you will get from about $7 a seed. Heh. Good luck and best wishes to everyone here.

wunderbra

Pics didn't stay on using ICMag's upload thingamajiggy. So, here they are again.

This one is in flower 5 weeks from seed. Started flowering 2 weeks from seed.

cannabis%20plants%20at%205weeks%2C%20on%20250w%20maxib.webp

This one is at 10 weeks from seed. The plants went on to grow an average of 10cm colas after a full cycle.

The one that I had to reflower with more Red-light was about a 15cm cola after a bit longer.
cannabis%20at%2010weeks%2C%20on%20maxibright%20blue%20.webp

Fixer

image_559409.jpg image_559410.jpg Here are some pics of the KLP I just harvested right before it came down. I think I may be cooking the flowers with the LED lights. I got a lot of color this run but the buds kept building new green growth on their tips right up to the end. The growth was most prominent on the buds closest to the lights. I bought a LUX meter and have raised the lights so I have about 50,000 LUX at the top of the canopy. We'll see!

Fixer

I've had another disappointing clone run. I'm finally breaking down and moving the cloner to somewhere cooler. Even adding frozen water bottles didn't really help.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I missed your reply. No, I have not used those cooler parts. I have a 30w cold block (it's what it sounds like) that I have cooled things with, but not made a water circuit.
The Ice Probe sounds interesting. Not a good fit?
Perhaps you can get peltier/tec based tank coolers with appropriate thermostats. Not a Probe, but more like a beer cooler.

Heres one. Looks like what I remember, but screwed together for you. Maybe 50-60w of cooling $140 https://www.amazon.com/Kecheer-Aqua...0ba6e&pd_rd_wg=7rhRN&pd_rd_i=B07ZDCP8D1&psc=1

Fixer

I missed your reply. No, I have not used those cooler parts. I have a 30w cold block (it's what it sounds like) that I have cooled things with, but not made a water circuit.
The Ice Probe sounds interesting. Not a good fit?
Perhaps you can get peltier/tec based tank coolers with appropriate thermostats. Not a Probe, but more like a beer cooler.

Heres one. Looks like what I remember, but screwed together for you. Maybe 50-60w of cooling $140 https://www.amazon.com/Kecheer-Aqua...0ba6e&pd_rd_wg=7rhRN&pd_rd_i=B07ZDCP8D1&psc=1

Thanks f-e, I'm moving the cloner to a cooler location in the house until I can set up something in the garage.

Fixer

I do like that you can upload multiple images with one click on the new site.

These are the clones that came out of the hot veg room. I moved the cloner to and area where it never gets above 70F. I feel good about the next run of clones.

Attachments

• photo2026617.jpg
    photo2026617.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 92
  • photo2026618.jpg
    photo2026618.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 90
  • photo2026619.jpg
    photo2026619.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 92

Fixer

ooops

Attachments

• image_2029444.jpg
    image_2029444.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image_2029445.jpg
    image_2029445.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image_2029446.jpg
    image_2029446.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 95

Fixer

Zkittlez coming off the table this Sunday.

IMG_5193.JPG IMG_5194.JPG IMG_5192.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5191.JPG
    IMG_5191.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5188.JPG
    IMG_5188.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5189.JPG
    IMG_5189.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5190.JPG
    IMG_5190.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 83

Fixer

The Master Kush Has been on for 7 weeks. It finished in 8 last grow. Looks like 9 this go round.

Fixer

The Master Kush is at 8 weeks today and still unripe. I'm going to leave it for another week and see what I get.

Latest posts

Latest posts