What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY 660 watt Pacific Light Concepts LED build.

EcoNepenthe

DIY LEDs Rocks

DIY LEDs Rocks

You will be quite impressed w/the quality of your harvest (once achieved). You asked about light height...your strips can hang quite low w/no ill effects. But not needed. The light footprint over the canopy is impressive. I run COBs and have great coverage, but Strips...phew. That's new tech. You put together a really smart ass light/grow op. Ya gonna look back and say...damn.
Cheers.
Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:

negative37dBA

Veteran
You will be quite impressed w/the quality of your harvest (once achieved). You asked about light height...your strips can hang quite low w/no ill effects. But not needed. The light footprint over the canopy is impressive. I run COBs and have great coverage, but Strips...phew. That's new tech. You put together a really smart ass light/grow op. Ya gonna look back and say...damn.
Cheers.
Stay safe!!!

Thanks for that EcoNepenthe. Someone early on in the thread said you will wish you had switched sooner. Now that I have changed over I do. The less power, heat and massively increased coverage is impressive.:headbange
I thought I might miss my good old HID hoods and big ass hot bulbs and all the ducting...not so much!! The room has more of a high tech feel to it now and I ended up with more height to grow in. Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks for the nice comment Bmac1. I was super happy with the way it came out. I can even break it all down and reconfigure with just some new 18ga solid wire...sweet. Yes it would tear that 5x5 space up. What are you growing there sir? What is your grow style?

I have just cut down 2 plants in my 25 gal SIP. An original glue and a citradelic sunset. Nowhere close to 2 lbs though, lol.

Sorry if I've missed it but what is your all in cost on the light?

negative37dBA

Veteran
I have just cut down 2 plants in my 25 gal SIP. An original glue and a citradelic sunset. Nowhere close to 2 lbs though, lol.

Sorry if I've missed it but what is your all in cost on the light?

Nice to hear Bmac1. Glue is a winner for sure! Whats in the citradelic? My total cost for the light was right around 825.00 usd. The majority of that coming from 3 items. LED's were 440.00 for 16x. Sinks were a bit over 100.00 for 8x. The drivers were close to 190.00 for 2x. Then you had all the little things that do add up. The last time I looked a Fluence was about 1500.00.
gsxr97 was asking about how the plants were looking. Here is a shot from today...day 5 of 12/12.
picture.php

Not to bad, coming back from some issues in veg. By far from my best but as I said time makes me start 12/12 early so no full net this run. The JCG in the back has bounced back quicker and is much more green than the glue. She seems to be a quicker grower and more hardy. My Glue clone is going on 5 years old now. So many generations. Not quite as vig as a clone from a seed 1 gen ago.
Here is a shot of how the JCGoo came out. The more it cures and the more I sample of it the more I like it. The grape jolly rancher smell has increased in the jars. This might cross nice with the Glue....Gas and fruit would be a good combo. I am not sure the fruit will come through though.
JCGoo, my cross. It is Jumbotronic X Cstik X Afgooey X SSH. Jumbo and Cstik were bag seeds I grew out and kept males.
picture.php

Really appreciate all the interest guys. I could not be happier with the set up. Looking forward to a proper full trellis net run next time. 4 Glues is the plan Have a great day!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
How's the plants Negative? Hope all is well

Hi there gsxr97. Well lets start with the good news. All the equipment and lights are working flawlessly. Very impressed with the lights, cool and no problems at all. Now the plants, they are a bit rough. I was under some time constraints to get this grow started at a specific date. I had some root issues in veg and these 2 started off with very little roots. I only had 1 week to veg before the flip and that was to early. The root mass is not enough to support the veg and I am losing some leaves. They are budding now, I am almost 3 weeks in. Roots have gotten a lot bigger lately and the yellowing is slowing. I will get some of a harvest but it will be small. No fault of the light though. Fully impressed with it's performance.
Going to have to wait for the next run to do a proper full net. I will have plenty of time and I have 4 or 5 good ones vegging now.
I will try to get a pic up tonight...they are sleeping now.
Thanks for the interest. Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

gsxr97

Veteran
Thanks for the update . I’ve got a while before it cools down in my area . Gonna let the clones I’ve got root up nice and strong . Keep some as mothers for future cutting. I want them to

I’m in a transition and building period. Still haven’t made a decision on lights . I sure like your DIY setup though .

That’s awesome your equipment is doing great.

Hi there gsxr97. Well lets start with the good news. All the equipment and lights are working flawlessly. Very impressed with the lights, cool and no problems at all. Now the plants, they are a bit rough. I was under some time constraints to get this grow started at a specific date. I had some root issues in veg and these 2 started off with very little roots. I only had 1 week to veg before the flip and that was to early. The root mass is not enough to support the veg and I am losing some leaves. They are budding now, I am almost 3 weeks in. Roots have gotten a lot bigger lately and the yellowing is slowing. I will get some of a harvest but it will be small. No fault of the light though. Fully impressed with it's performance.
Going to have to wait for the next run to do a proper full net. I will have plenty of time and I have 4 or 5 good ones vegging now.
I will try to get a pic up tonight...they are sleeping now.
Thanks for the interest. Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Nice to hear Bmac1. Glue is a winner for sure! Whats in the citradelic? My total cost for the light was right around 825.00 usd. The majority of that coming from 3 items. LED's were 440.00 for 16x. Sinks were a bit over 100.00 for 8x. The drivers were close to 190.00 for 2x. Then you had all the little things that do add up. The last time I looked a Fluence was about 1500.00.
gsxr97 was asking about how the plants were looking. Here is a shot from today...day 5 of 12/12.
View Image
Not to bad, coming back from some issues in veg. By far from my best but as I said time makes me start 12/12 early so no full net this run. The JCG in the back has bounced back quicker and is much more green than the glue. She seems to be a quicker grower and more hardy. My Glue clone is going on 5 years old now. So many generations. Not quite as vig as a clone from a seed 1 gen ago.
Here is a shot of how the JCGoo came out. The more it cures and the more I sample of it the more I like it. The grape jolly rancher smell has increased in the jars. This might cross nice with the Glue....Gas and fruit would be a good combo. I am not sure the fruit will come through though.
JCGoo, my cross. It is Jumbotronic X Cstik X Afgooey X SSH. Jumbo and Cstik were bag seeds I grew out and kept males.
View Image
Really appreciate all the interest guys. I could not be happier with the set up. Looking forward to a proper full trellis net run next time. 4 Glues is the plan Have a great day!
Peace, negative.

That is much cheaper than fluence. But it could be cheaper if you have a look at our lights. :D

Bmac1

Veteran
Not sure how your $960usd light is cheaper than negatives $825usd light but its still early and I have a dangerous level of blood in my THC stream.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Not sure how your $960usd light is cheaper than negatives $825usd light but its still early and I have a dangerous level of blood in my THC stream.

I could offer you a pint of mine to transfuse but your THC level will probably go up....have a great day!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
That is much cheaper than fluence. But it could be cheaper if you have a look at our lights. :D

Guy posts LED light build from PACIFIC LIGHT CONCEPTS....Mars guy steps in and try's to sell his product...WOW. Pretty typical of the type of behavior that makes me hate most companies now days. Not how it is supposed to be done there bud. Keep putting money over integrity. Peace, negative.

Freestyle72

How many watts are you running per extrusion 80W? And also which t slot profile did you use? I can't really tell from the pics but I am curious as to how that works to sink that much heat.

negative37dBA

Veteran
How many watts are you running per extrusion 80W? And also which t slot profile did you use? I can't really tell from the pics but I am curious as to how that works to sink that much heat.

Yes nearly 80 watts per heat sink not extrusion. The only extrusion used is for the spine, the heat sinks are from PLC and are made for the strip. Look back on I think the first page of the build and there is a shot of them.
Thanks for the interest.
Have a great day all! Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Love these lights
Inspiring

Thanks for the nice comment. It is a very sweet unit and I am proud to have built it myself. I have been smoking on my first harvest off it. The buds are the densest I have ever grown. I did not change anything but the light...same strain, same nutes, same room...but instead of medium density these are literally rocks. Not the easiest to deal with but I am not complaining. Quality is at least on par with HID. Getting ready to do a fat GG4 run. Cannot wait to see the results.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

EcoNepenthe

Here's Closeness

Here's Closeness

Dinafem Critical Cheese cutting in 2gal trash container, under 600watts Cree COBs on lightmover. This bud is dense. Had one plant a little taller than the others, one CC, another my own seed plant. Plant in foreground of tall Cheese is original seed Critical Cheese. Thought...nice time for another closeness test. Dense bud, no adverse heat/light effect. Just checked trichs...'bout ready. Larger plant is Mexican Bacon, sativa, Day 82 flower. MassMedicalStrains
Nothing special. Just my grow.
Stay Safe!!

Attachments

• IMG_7899.jpg
    IMG_7899.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7861.jpg
    IMG_7861.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7839.jpg
    IMG_7839.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7831.jpg
    IMG_7831.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7760.jpg
    IMG_7760.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7666.jpg
    IMG_7666.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7905.jpg
    IMG_7905.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7900.jpg
    IMG_7900.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 60

negative37dBA

Veteran
Been a while. Getting the led lights all figured out. This is a run of GG4 and Alien Rift. Flipping to 12/12 in the AM. Plants are looking awesome. Pretty thrilled with the lights lower power usage and heat output. Only been running them at about 65% power. Plants seem to love it and can take a bit more ppm in the nutrient mix. Been on a 20/4 light schedule up till today. Looking forward to some proper results this run.
GG4 in the back and the fat leaf Alien Rift from Ocean Grown in the front. Love that Rift smell and cannot wait for the gassy glue.

Attachments

• photo2026645.jpg
    photo2026645.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 45

negative37dBA

Veteran
Went ahead and made the flip to 12/12. Have been doing some pruning down low. Took a bunch of clones as well. I want to keep this Alien Rift around for a bit. The light is awesome! Running it at about 60% power still. The plants seems to be loving it. Filling in the canopy a bit and starting to stretch, at least the gg4 is. So happy with this light. Low power consumption and low on the heat output as well. Such uniform coverage is something I am still getting used to. I used to run 2 lights because it gave me 2 points of light. Now I have 1600, yes they are smaller but it is all good. Can't figure out the pictures after the change. Maybe someone could help me a bit. thanks. Have a great day all. Peace negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
The lights are doing quite well. The 2 girls are looking great and we are near the end of week 3 of flower.
fetch?photoid=17820373.jpg

Have a great day all. Peace negative.