What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3620 Watts Starlite LED Grow By Krunchbubble...

Bob Green

Krunch, thanks for taking the time and investment on these. Never would of ran across them had you not.

Alex,

Those new ones look outfuckingstanding. A 10 year warranty on lights of that quality is definitely a game changer.

Quick question is the 4 x 4 recommendations for the new 600 watt or for the 1200?

Before finding this thread I was considering doing the Cree cobs but when it comes time to upgrade you definitely made me reconsider.

Building back up to 50 posts but will be giving Alex a pm soon. :biggrin:

Bob Green

After reading a bit the URSA have a five year warranty and the Helios model a 10 year right?

How do the URSA compare with the Helios 600s as far as light distribution and efficiency?

Any side by sides being worked out?

Ken Huang

Vendor
After reading a bit the URSA have a five year warranty and the Helios model a 10 year right?

How do the URSA compare with the Helios 600s as far as light distribution and efficiency?

Any side by sides being worked out?

Hi Bob Green,

It is unfortunate that I have to inform you that Alex Lau has taken his leave from our company. My name is Ken and I can help you with any questions you may have from here on out.

We offer 5 year warranty on all our products, the Helios and Optilux lines. I think what you mean is that our light engines are built to last 10 years without failing.

We offer 5 year warranty because that is how long the power supply that we source is supposed to last.

The Helios 600 is made for more commercial applications where you can/need to hang the light higher. The high power COB light engine allows for the light to be hung farther away from the plants without sacrificing power and penetration through the canopy.

The Optilux is made so you can bring the light closer to the plants without sacrificing coverage area and intensity. We recommend this one for growers with lower ceilings, inside tents or for vertical applications.

They are both designed to cover a 4 x 4 area.

We are currently doing internal testing between all of our fixture lines in every spectrum that we offer. Results to come!

Do you think you could use a Helios 600 above each 5*5 in the tent?

Maybe adding four 320's in the between spots of the +?
3+3

Or possibly four 600 covering to the corners and one 600 in the center. that would equal the cost of the 9-320 and 4-185.

Or would 9 320's in three lines covering say

Then four 185's along the four cross points?
3*3*3
*1. 1
3*3*3
*1. 1
3*3*3

What config would be optimal for a 10*10 tent?
Where the 6=600 and 3=320 and 1=185.

Last edited:

Ken Huang

Vendor
Do you think you could use a Helios 600 above each 5*5 in the tent?

Maybe adding four 320's in the between spots of the +?
3+3

Or possibly four 600 covering to the corners and one 600 in the center. that would equal the cost of the 9-320 and 4-185.

Or would 9 320's in three lines covering say

Then four 185's along the four cross points?
3*3*3
*1. 1
3*3*3
*1. 1
3*3*3

What config would be optimal for a 10*10 tent?
Where the 6=600 and 3=320 and 1=185.

Hi Stay Gel^N 247,

I wouldn't recommend using the Helios 600 inside a tent, the fixture takes up quite a bit of vertical space and with the limited ceiling height of the tent, I don't think you would be able to get optimal coverage.

Alternatively, I would suggest that you try out our new Optilux fixture, which is perfect for a tent setting. I've included a link to our post regarding the Optilux fixture for you to check out if you wish.

It has a slim form factor and is built to cover a 4 x 4 area proficiently at 2 feet from the canopy and with the addition of the reflective walls in the tent, covering a 5 x 5 area in your case would not be a problem at all. Pulling only 640 watts from the wall, you would be saving more energy than if you were to use a combination of 320's and 185's.

Hopes this helps answer some of your questions.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336360

tiffa

Total yield was a tad under 8 1/2 lbs!!!!!!

Pics of the buds soon, im in the middle of moving....

This room had its difficulties, reusing coco was a big mistake. Probably was flushing half my flowering time. Had several runt plants...

Ill do an overall assessment and have pics in a little bit. All I DO have to say right now is all my DE's are for sale....

I hear you KB!...I've just tried reusing for the first time and I got runtage too, never again.

I have 4 of the original starlite 320s.

They dont have much run time but they started making an electrical hum noise and one quit working..

Whats up with that !

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
These starlites are now URSA....where you guys get them....they comparable to a rapid cob?
Technology has advanced rapidly, the Starlites listed here are COBS and old tech. The new tech are being called QB's or quantum boards, which are essentially wide LED panels with whiter spectrums.

Mars Hydro TS series are an inexpensive option, while Fluence and California Lighting models are examples of high-end options. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts