What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REALSTYLES DIY CXB3590 TUTORIAL

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I suppose I will use 1400a and make sure I use the dimmer depending on how they are doing. So if I add co2 later on I can get enough power to the cobs.

What is the efficiency rating for cxb3590s at 700a/1050a/1400a/1750a I can't seem to find them with Google.

Cheers

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=33219&pictureid=1696013

Does not have the 1.75 amp but has the others. Study this chart there is a lot of information here that matches the cob.

look for:

36v
cd bin
cxb 3590

If you understand this chart you can find all kinds of other charts so you can compare different cobs.

Also you see that 4.65 we used to get the PPFD earlier.

I use thermal pads lol. I've been super busy and testing some new lights. I'll post some pics soon.

Lets see that update RS. I'm eager to hear what you've been working on, testing out and making deals for!

Are you active on RIU? Seems like RIU isnt what it used to be as far as DIY.

REALSTYLES

ic

sam_1807-jpg.2235433

ic

alesisio

Here's the tutorial I promised a couple of people on here and I'll try my best to explain what I've learned on RIU from the LED guru's and I really don't see any real DIY panel threads on here. Just remember you get what you pay for.

View Image

First off I like running my 3590's at 700ma and I dim them to 350ma it lowers the heat the panels give off and it increases lm/w and efficiency. I use Meanwell HLG-185H-C700A 4 cobs per driver and 8 cobs per panel. Now lets get started here's a list of things you'll need to make a panel like mine.

• Tools: wire stripper, drill ( I have a drill press), drill bits 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 3/16-NC18 tap and a square ruler

• Misc: solder, shrink tubing, 18ga wire I use solid wire not twisted for my application, 2 and 5 conductor Wagos. I stopped using wire nuts makes a much cleaner step up.
Parts for the panel.

1. (8)Cree CXB3590 what ever color you choose.
  2. (8) Ideal 2023-CR cob holders
  3. (2) Meanwell HLG-185H-C700A
  4. (1) Thermaltake Pure 20 fan
  5. (1) 10"x24" heatsink from heatsinkusa.com
  6. (4) 5/16" x 3-1/4" eyebolts
  7. (4) #10-24 x 2" machine screws
  8. (4) #8-24 x 2" machine screws
  9. (2) 6" of chain
  10. (6) spring chain links
  11. 15ft extension cord
  12. Rhino molex acdc adapter
I'll be making another panel and taking pics step by step this will be my 11th panel.
Where you bought the Cob?

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Google Kingbrite, Mouser, DigiKey - best deals depend on where you live but I think these are available to most of the world at this point. Maybe not the top bins, but good enough to get the job done.

majorana

Google Kingbrite, Mouser, DigiKey - best deals depend on where you live but I think these are available to most of the world at this point. Maybe not the top bins, but good enough to get the job done.

Or try octopart.com to find the best price once you know the parts you want. Kingbrite (on Alibaba) aren't there because you have to contact a salesperson to get actual prices. Don't forget to include shipping cost in calculations, that can get expensive and end up favoring a seller that has a higher price per item.

Latest posts

Latest posts