What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ebay retailer- Joyhydrogrow ebay scam

rshackleferd

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do not buy from this guy he sells cheap junk that its impossible to return or get your money back. Here is how it works. When you buy his junk on ebay he ships it from a warehouse in California, when you realize its junk and want a refund he will ask you to ship it back to China or you can settle for a 30% reimbursement and close the case with a positive review. If you go to his site online you will notice the contact us link on his page is blank..lol. Do not buy from this guy otherwise you will end up like me. [/FONT]

Jorgen

What kind of scam it is? Did they send you wrong product or what? I have considered buying one, so please tell more.

rshackleferd

What kind of scam it is? Did they send you wrong product or what? I have considered buying one, so please tell more.

Im not saying all their products are bad but the light i bought from them was a joke. It stated it was 300w led panel when in fact it was 85 watts. My 240w "140 watts" dirt genius made it look like a candle. I was unimpressed and decided to return it, i contacted the seller and this is when the nightmare began, he offered me a 30% compensation to close the case with a positive review, i told him no i have no need for this light. He told me to ship it back to China when in fact it was originally shipped from California. I called ebay and they stated i had to ship it back to China for a full refund. To me this was a joke since shipping to China would cost more then the light is worth and the seller knows this and took advantage of it. So right now I am trying to go back to the original deal of 30% compensation and end up with a door stopper/paper weight. I should have know better and did some research, his contact us on his online page is blank..lol. He won i lost

rshackleferd

The lights fan sounded like a blow dryer on high and when i powered it up half the time it would even turn on..lol. I could put my eyeball right on top of the leds and still not effect my vision. I could never do this to my other led panels.

J

jaded1

I've got to agree with you Rshackleford,a friend has purchased 2 of these 300w unit's and they are rubbish,my 90w ufo is much brighter than either of his panels.
jaybham,do you work for them?I cant believe anyone would think these units are good

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
View ImageNo I don't work for them just a guy that is using them with good results and Rshackleford I can't defend the true draw of 84 watts the proof is in your vid but I can't believe my 21plants are doing so well on only 84 watts in a 2x4 grow tent one week 18hr then I switch to 12hrs here's a pic at three weeks in[URL="http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh630/jaybham820/3weeks_zps74fa3b11.jpg"]View Image[/URL]
:laughing:

picture.php

scam musabi!

greensicle

Actually it is only a 72W MAX light. Take the cover off and look at the drivers. I too had been a victim of this fraud. The light had 2 drivers each is a 65-120v 300ma which should be used with 1w leds. 3w leds haveb600-700ma drivers. The drivers falsely have 50w printed on them but the maximum they can put out are 36w powered at full strength. There is one driver 50 led which equals to (120v/50=2.4v x 300ma =36W MAX) so this is definitely fraud. There is another major issue with the driver for the fans. The fans are 600ma each there is only one driver and it is only a 1amp max. This driver is going to burn up and fail extremely fast and this is a fire hazard. The leds will still run when the fans fail and nothing to remove the heat. I originally bought the "150w" ufo that was so pathetic and was only 30w of light. I opened a case with ebay and he refunded my full amount and sent me the p.o.s 300w light for free. So I have a fake ufo and a fake 300w light that I got for free. These were supposed to be 450w combined but are just 102w. So in the future I will ask for a picture of the drivers and how many leds are connected to each driver. Then I will be able to determine if the seller is full of shit or honest.

greensicle

And each led is only producing .72w of light. These are not even 3w leds he used, they are 1w so he just kept his stock from when 1w leds were popular and when then 3w leds came to market he just changed the title on his website from 100w to 300w. Typical fraudulent china made piece of shit electronics.

rshackleferd

Oh yea dont forget to subtract the fans from your readings. It will show that this only is a 72w light

Man that is sad 72 watts..LMAO and i lot of people buy this stuff not knowing they are getting ripped off. If anybody has any doubts just go to youtube and type in the search window joyhydrogrow. I did a comparison between dirt genius and this junk. You cannot see the difference in light intensity but it is HUGE. The camera adjust to the amount of light in any given area so it looks the same but in real life its hilarious. I also did a test of the true draw wattage of each light. Some people still think after all i did joyhydrogrow is legit.

sorry to hear u got ripped. there is a similar light called vipar, does anyone know if this is worth the money or too good to be true?

seeems quite cheap...

J

jaded1

The vipar's are good lights for the price,i've got a 450w(uses 242w) from them.

Get the 1's with the 3000k whites and not the 1's with the 3k's and 6-9000k's as the spectrum with the 6-9k's is a bit too blue for flower and need some red supplementation.

ok, i was actually going to use with hps so would you then maybe surgest having the blue ones for more spectrum? also is is detrimental to the plant to have too much of the same spectrum?

cheers

JointOperation

lol... my good friend got pulled into this scam.. bought 5 pannels.. that said they were comparable to 400w hps. each.. all were supposed to be great for growing. and they were a joke.. couldnt even get seedlings to grow properly and they charged him something like 400 for the set of 5.. 4 blue and red.. 1 full red.. i went to buy bud from him one day. and he was like hey.. u want these things..? and at the time i wasnt even thinking about growing.. but hes like dude take them.. see if they work.. if they do u can have em. if they dont . just trash em. i gave them to a friend.. who found the LEDS were 1 watt leds but the drivers were cheap.. he put new drivers in the things.. and fired them up.. and uses them for his cloning station.. lol.. thats the only use for these things.

the bigger the wattage on LEDS the better.. and u need need the right drivers.. i have a buddy who made his own.. and spread the bulbs out perfectly.. and put enough to make it a 3000w system over an 4x8 spot.. and pulls some very nice buds. im trying to convince him to toss a 1000w on a light mover in there to help him pull some more weight.. because the leds grow some great buds.. but the weight just wasnt there it seems.

greensicle

Oh I totally forgot to mention that when I took the p.o.s light apart to check the specs of the drivers I saw that the son of a bitch seller put white out on the bottom of the board the leds are on. I removed the white out and it says that they are infact 1w leds not the 3w that he stated in the description as well as the shitty sticker he slapped on the back. These lights are the 1st gen lights that came out like 10 yrs ago and he still srlls them but changes the description and not the product. So I got really pissed off and sent him a private message and he changed his username on ebay. I want this piece of shit banned from selling until he stops ripping people off but I cant report him id feel too much like a narc and from being narced on like 15 yrs ago by my best friend I just cant do it to anyone regardless if theyre a thief living thousands of miles away. Anyway I hope he chokes on his eggroll and dies infront of his kids.

Latest posts

Latest posts