What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GrowBlu (2x) 120x3w LED Grow Journal - Girl Scout Cookies & Frog Fart

JJ43

so.. luma, solarstorm, or these new ones, which is your fav so far?

I can't be the only one sitting here waiting in suspense??

Im thinking that at this point none of these companies are about to let oneshot answer the question without trying to fill up his wallet first. He's made himself too valuable with all this awesome testing.

oneshot

so.. luma, solarstorm, or these new ones, which is your fav so far?

The Solarsflare is just a bloombooster so it wasn't really a good full range test of what the CLW lights can do. For what it did though, WOW. The results of last grow speak for themselves. I am pretty sure putting that light in the tent was worth it. I have their 800W Solarstorm coming next week to do a full grow with though.

Regarding Lumigrow...they make some of the best lights I think. Their spectrum is a little lacking but their build quality/warranty is one of the best in the industry. Adding White into their lights takes care of some of the missing PAR values. I think they are missing the consumer market too much though. The Pro series wasn't much of an evolution and was a little lackluster. The pricing was way off (they have resolved this since). Getting a Pro 325 for under $1k is a good deal IMO. The lights will grow dank though! I don't think their SmartPAR software is out though...still.

I am also expecting to see RADIANT LED's cannabis light out at the end of this year too. Hopefully I can get that setup when it comes out.

These lights are in a different bracket than other typical LED grow lights though. The 5W diode lamps behave differently. They shouldn't really be compared to the typical 3W lights you see most people buying. This is why I am so excited to get the Blackdog Platinum vs CLW 800 test up and running.

As for 3W lights, I think the Growblus are probably the best lights on the market. I say this taking into consideration EVERYTHING about Growblu. The company, warranty, support, communication etc.. This is the reason I wanted to do the test and see what they were like. I wanted to be able to recommend an Apollo style light and feel safe in my recommendations.

Blackstar is a joke. AdvancedLED is again nothing special at all. They started something with their new Diamond light with the 10W Cree chips.

HGL can grow nice stuff but I will never tell people to buy their lights. Cammie is a tumor on this industry.

TBH I would love to see a lot more of the EU LED companies coming over to the US. There are a few that I would love to get my hands on.

There are a lot of opinions in the LED subforum though so it all depends what thread you read ;)

I can't be the only one sitting here waiting in suspense??

Im thinking that at this point none of these companies are about to let oneshot answer the question without trying to fill up his wallet first. He's made himself too valuable with all this awesome testing.

haha :) I had to clear my answer with my lawyers first. :laughing: I wish my wallet was full. but seriously, it's a tough question to answer!
I really had no intentions of having it end up like this but I love being able to put so many lamps through their paces. I am glad people are taking an interest though and providing feedback. It makes it feel worth it in the end!

oneshot

0PnPxqD.jpg

87f6ut5.jpg

Y1yrfmb.jpg

babelfish

yeh, gonna actually do it and do the sunstorm 400; but DAMN love your grows brother.

Those cola's look sticky as @!#$ - how's the aroma coming?

oneshot

Harvest video! 57 day flower period

[YOUTUBEIF]IcNYW2Gf560[/YOUTUBEIF]

Final weight coming when it drys and manicured.

oneshot

hows it looking?

Right now it's looking like - 209g of GSC top A bud, 144g of B & below grade bud / trim for oil. 110-120g on the Frog Fart (gave some out after trimming) and about 41g of B & below grade trim/bud for oil. I'll be doing a video tonight. Just under a lb dried of smoke.

I could pull out a lot of the GSC buds in the trim pile and add on fake weight but nah. I am going to film a video today. I might be off the weights slightly but I didn't hit 1gpw this grow. Close to it! I definitely could consider 1gpw if I separate the GSC more. I also did it with 2 less plants. Very happy.

The Radiant tent is drying right now. Huge colas!

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran

if i take the conservative side of the frog fart you still produced 504 grams. with 511 watts, that's .994 gpw, i'd say you it the mark pretty well :tiphat:

Lucky 7

very impressive work . . . almost smell the fine dankness . . . fingers sticking to the screen . . .

oneshot

if i take the conservative side of the frog fart you still produced 504 grams. with 511 watts, that's .994 gpw, i'd say you it the mark pretty well :tiphat:

I'll get exact numbers today. Gonna weigh everything and post pics/video. Thanks. Radiant #'s will be in shortly as well.

very impressive work . . . almost smell the fine dankness . . . fingers sticking to the screen . . .

Thanks!

Yeah mean awesome grow. What nutes did you use?

Advanced Nutrients

babelfish

Legend:
ff = frog fart
gsc = girl scout cookies

ff
33.18g
28.60g
32.58g
+~44g trim

gsc
+~144g trim

totals:
ff_flowers:94.36
ff_trim:44
ff_total:138.36

gsc_flowers:218.76
gsc_trim:144
gsc_total:362.76

Now trim/leaves is one thing, reasonable popcorn is another. i'll apply an overall 50% coefficient to trim to approximate a lower standard.

grow_total_pretrim:313.12
grow_total_posttrim:501.12

Normalized figure for the 'reasonable popcorn' -- ((grow_total_pretrim+grow_total_posttrim) / 2)
of course this is just something i'm pulling outta my arse and shoudl not be taken seriously:
grow_total_posttrim_adjusted: 407.12

growblu advice

growblu advice

Oneshot,
New to ICM here and starting my first setup. I am planning on going LED. Being an owner I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice regarding the growblu lights.

I have my eye on 120x3w. Would you recommend one of these for a single plant in a completely sealed chamber with DWC and CO2? Do you think this would be more than sufficient?

I appreciate your time and this thread, very informative for those of us who are trying to get into LED.
J

oneshot

Oneshot,
New to ICM here and starting my first setup. I am planning on going LED. Being an owner I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice regarding the growblu lights.

I have my eye on 120x3w. Would you recommend one of these for a single plant in a completely sealed chamber with DWC and CO2? Do you think this would be more than sufficient?

I appreciate your time and this thread, very informative for those of us who are trying to get into LED.
J

Depends, what are the measurements of the cabinet it's going to be in?

Thanks. Check out my youtube if you haven't, I post updates there regularly and answer questions too.

Latest posts

Latest posts