What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk HML/Coco/Blumat understairs stealth micro grow

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I will be following this grow closely! I'm still experimenting with mediums and the coco/Blu mat sounds nice. Would love to see how it works out. I have a small cab that I want to do a micro sog in do you think the smaller Blu mats will work in 4in pots?

coco is my favourite medium, it has the advantages of both worlds: soil and hydro. Plants thrive, crops are tasty and yields generous...

Whats the capacity of those pots? You need tropf blumats, not the juniors.

The led rig is really impressive curious about the costs?

Good luck man you have an admirer!

:lurk:

=D

about $400, real watts are 160w, though what counts quth LEDs is the binning (selection), and these are top notch leds.

Glad to have you on board!! :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
The girls, on

Nov 2nd:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

I'd say they`re loving the HML :) they grew almost a couple inches in three days!

Blumats are the best thing since sliced bread! it has feed 6L since Friday, that's peace of mind...

RH max 83%, min 58%, temp max 23C, min 21C. No humidifier used...

Today is flip day, I'm wondering to take out the girls to train them, (a PITA as that mean removing blumats) or to simply train from above w/o moving them, will try to locate the 3mm tubing locally, if so I'll take them out and replace the tubing to the blumats.

Also thinking in using a DIY shelf to support the res, as the toolboxes prevent me from taking them out easily.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Tex! they're truly a bless, and also cheap: my setup cost like $16!

Update: I did the flip, switched to 12/12.

Observation: the girls already had preflowers, all four.

This led some double and triple checks, followed by some serious head-scratching.

The only conclusion I could come up with is either their maturity (they're 7 weeks old) or the kind of light switch, from PLL's to LEDs.

Any other hypothesis? photoperioud has been constantly 18/6.

I got my hands sticky training them! :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Here they are, 3d day into flower:

The Atomic Hazes have took off!!

picture.php

Front view:

picture.php

picture.php

There´s 10L left in the reservoir, that's 12L feeded in the last week.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Bad news, checked the girls this morning to find the timber pieces glued to the chamber ceiling had collapsed and everything were all over the girls: timber, HML bars, drivers, scrubber...

The worst thing: the HML bars were cooking everything under them, my luck the use of mod screens, which held everything, preventing more damage; also the HML is fine.

I propped everything again, this time drilling :(

Hopefully the girls will recover soon...

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Bad news, checked the girls this morning to find the timber pieces glued to the chamber ceiling had collapsed and everything were all over the girls: timber, HML bars, drivers, scrubber...

The worst thing: the HML bars were cooking everything under them, my luck the use of mod screens, which held everything, preventing more damage; also the HML is fine.

The girls we be fine and will recover very soon and probably you will see some strange buds developing on them. Last winter I had a grow which did not get all of my care because I was away almost 3 weeks (in the first 3 weeks of flowering), and the girls stretched so much that they touched the LED panel and grew twisted between the LEDs. There was a lot of affected leaves, buds and stems and was a PITA to bend and train them but the damaged branches developed the biggest buds, not in the classical shape, but more like tennis balls or something like this.

As long the plant is healthy you don't have to worry about recovery.

What does not kill you, makes you stronger ! :biggrin:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
thanks chloemobile! yes, I'm glad damages could have been much worse...

hempfield: I've just checked them and they were very early into flowering, they're just stretching, so apart from some burnt leaves, I hope damages act like you say, as some kind of supercropping. Thanks to the modular screens just the leaves over the screens were damaged.

Will be very happy to get some tennis balls here! :)

thanks for the support guys!

vukman

Veteran

NO!!!!! DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck man....so sorry to hear that....

If there is any consolation in any of this, it's that cannabis is one hell of a tough plant. I had a mishap a while ago when I first got my tent.

I didn't know the exhaust fan would pull the sides of the tent in so much. I had another 'house fan' in there for ventilation. I went out and when I got home. I open the tent to see the fan laying right on top of the plants!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAARRHHGGGGGGG. There was quite a bit of damage but they made a really great come back!! So...it's not all lost brother and as always...

It's a hard lesson to learn but a lesson learned none the less.

All the best!!!!!!!:comfort:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks vuk!!! :)

They were in their first week, so hopefully that won't impact anything.

They don't look really great right now, but I know it's a matter of days to recover and new growth to show off.

jcmjrt

Repuk, thanks for this thread. I've been thinking about Blumats for a while and the info on set up is great. Hope your girls are recovering.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Repuk, thanks for this thread. I've been thinking about Blumats for a while and the info on set up is great. Hope your girls are recovering.

Thanks, you're welcome!!

I just received the blumat valves and extra 3mm tubing, I hope will be upgrading my blumat setup on Thursday (with pics).

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I did some improvements to my setup this morning:

- Wall shelf for the reservoir
- redid the blumat setup: put a shutoff valve on the reservoir "output" (to be able to remove it to refill while partially filled, cleaning, etc), replaced each blumat stock 3mm tubing with 1 meter (40") pieces, leaving about 8cm (3.15") protuding from each blumat, and shortened the 8mm line, leaving just about 3 inches of 8mm "stiff" line between the 8mm/3mm/8mm Tees.
- Put a shutoff valve at the end of the 8mm line (for purging)

Here you can see the blumat line (wasn't yet attached to the reservoir): now each 3mm line running to each blumat is longer than the whole 8mm line, being much easier to manage, allowing plants to be moved around, etc.

picture.php

Had to re-set all the blumats, as you have to loosen the blumat caps to be able to replace the 3mm tubing.

Took all girls out, did some defoliation (damaged leaves from the other day sad incident) and training.

Filled again the reservoir and set PH to 5,6 EC to 2.

Girls have recovered, but aren't looking too happy, guess due to the burns of the other day, and also because as I couldn't easily move the plants around I couldn't weight the pots to judge humidity and the blumats setup were on the wimpy side (very concerned about spills!).

Next week I will be able to work on the girls everyday, will do my best to put them on their best again!

Chloemobile

The blumat setup seems to save you time watering on the back end but you almost break even time wise setting it up lol

=D

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
The blumat setup seems to save you time watering on the back end but you almost break even time wise setting it up lol

=D

LOL :)

It's a new system for me, but the last reservoir saved me for watering 2 weeks!

If I had found the summarized info I put here it would have saved me from making 2 blumat orders and doing the setup 2 times... :biggrin: