What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Dog LED grow, hydro

siddhartha

So as the title states. This is my grow using the BD Platinum XL. I used this light last grow on some soil grown Sour D and it was awesome. Great yield, 1.5 lbs, and incredible smoke! Now I will be grown mostly Sour Kush which is a low yielder. I also have a plant cam set up so I can make a stop motion video at the end.

This time I have
8 Sour Kush
1 Sour D
3 Ghost Kush

All in hydro using Advanced A and B plus a few additives. I will be using pretty much the same schedule I always do.

Here is a pic on the last day of veg
picture.php

And after the first night of flower
picture.php

picture.php

Sidd

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
in :lurk: :joint:

you don't have the previous sour d grow documented anywhere online do you?

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
how many lamps are you running? Total wattage?

calling bs on 1.5 lbs.

why r u call bs?

he's running a BlackDog Platinum XL, 718 watts....

672 grams is .93 gpw... doable if you ask me...

if you don't believe me:
look at my LED 1 LB+ Grow thread in my sig...
look at my LED Results: Grams per Watt thread in my sig...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am very curious as to how much heat this puts off? I was considering putting 2-4 in 8x8 and 14x14 rooms. If no out was required for heat I would be thrilled.

Have you grown with a 1k watt the same cut by chance and compared quality?

how many lamps are you running? Total wattage?

calling bs on 1.5 lbs.

Sour Diesel has superb yield as well. I am researching these lights and while I have not used one the math sounds doable because I do 2lbs a light and change with my Sour D IBL cuts in organics.

Really interested in this grow I am considering these lights for a seed production and veg facility and to maybe flower with eventually although it would have to be just as good as my 1k watts to be used.

Last edited:

siddhartha

r
I am very curious as to how much heat this puts off? I was considering putting 2-4 in 8x8 and 14x14 rooms. If no out was required for heat I would be thrilled.

Have you grown with a 1k watt the same cut by chance and compared quality?

Sour Diesel has superb yield as well. I am researching these lights and while I have not used one the math sounds doable because I do 2lbs a light and change with my Sour D IBL cuts in organics.

Really interested in this grow I am considering these lights for a seed production and veg facility and to maybe flower with eventually although it would have to be just as good as my 1k watts to be used.

Hey 40amps,
I am listening to Sublime right now! as for yield, for me it is every bit as good as my 1000, far surpasses my digi 600. I would say my Sour D cut is a good yielder, I would call something like AK47 a superb yielder. I would love someone to breed under LED and then select a mother that produces under LED. For the last 30 years we have been doing a lot of breeding under HPS, seems like we would have selected plants that produce in this environment/spectrum. We know about altitude and humidity phono type expressions so a LED phenotype seems reasonable. What are you crossing with that Sour D?

Yes last run I ran this Sour Kush under HPS. So I have a good idea about yield. Last time I vegged longer though. This Sour Kush roots crazy fast.

As for heat, all I can say is it is much less. My temps are way lower and it is much hotter ambient outside, with it cooling off much later at night now. I dont run A/C and have no way of measuring heat. I have only one can fan running now. It pulls air off of my last 1000 HPS and exhaust out of the room. Before I had 3 can fans just for exhausting hot air, and now the temps are lower. I still use on 6 can fan to pull air from outside in.

If you are in a basement, I would guess you could run 4 in an 14x14 with no A/C.

Sidd

siddhartha

Update

Update

June 12 updates,
Everything looks good so far. I will be doing a res change tonight. Temps have been good so far. I actually have a slight temp inversion, meaning temps are higher during lights off. My place gets hot during the day. If it is 90 outside my house will be 90 inside for an hour or two before it starts to cool off. The flower room stays cooler than the rest of the house. Lights on temp 78-82 high. Lights off high temp can be anywhere from 76-86 depending on the day. Here are some pics

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

lob19

Veteran
So I see you have a really good grow under these LED's but I wonder - have you tried this kind of setup under HPS? What is the power of LED's you are using? Is it really more efficient (cost effective) than 'traditional' approach ?

jackflash007

i have the blackstar 240 i was jus wondering what height you run at
I cant decide what height with mine feel like im burning leaves for no reason cheers