What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Retailers...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
the EVO's get their blues from the whites... a member here named habeeb has bought some i would check with him...

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Hallo guys, I have a few concernes regarding two manufacturer:
- SOLARO SUN CLONE: what do you guys think? is this panel still a bit of a mistery? is it a crap unit or a legit one? Has anybody real info, or anybody talked to the improved.led people?

- EVO LEDS: I can feel there is something amazing about this products; But the incomplete Mr x journal has put me off a bit. Also, not having any blue diodes, or UV diodes, or 660nm deep red diodes..... what do you guys think? I fear you get fluffy buds without some of the spectrums.. Am I wrong here? has anybody any experience with those lights? Or legit infos?

Many many thanks
jubiARE

Solaro Sun clone is just overpriced 2/3 mark up ... would say equiv to a 500 watt hps ...

I would look into the global tech leds more equiv to 1000watt+ hps

The evo's get the deep red from the 3000k whites ... not the best but with the 630 nm leds seem to work well as a substitute ... cree doesn't make 660nm leds ...

HPS puts out not much uvb ... leds can't put out any ... uvb ray only affect how fast the trics mature ... use a MH or UVB floros

Attachments

• improvedled.jpg
    improvedled.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 29

jubiare

I would look into the global tech leds more equiv to 1000watt+ hps

The evo's get the deep red from the 3000k whites ... not the best but with the 630 nm leds seem to work well as a substitute ... cree doesn't make 660nm leds ...
Thanks for the info no the global tech, very interesting.. I wander what is the coverage area with each single of those 90w.
Regarding evo leds, they use 10000k... so what do you mean by 3000k? does the 10000k includes the blue and the deep red?
Thanks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The chart is not correct. There ar 2 models..

Magnum 357 180w 750$
Magnum Plus 357 357w 1000$ ale Price(are you leveing the price at 1300 becuse the 1000 is a sale price)...

GP73LPC

Veteran
yes i did not include the sale price. i don't the maintenance of updating that chart for sale prices...

if one can regularly get that price that's another thing...

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Thanks for the info no the global tech, very interesting.. I wander what is the coverage area with each single of those 90w.
Regarding evo leds, they use 10000k... so what do you mean by 3000k? does the 10000k includes the blue and the deep red?
Thanks

I would say that the solaro sun clone would be good for a 3x3 ...

The global tech 4x4

Also even though they have reflectors for the leds I would make sure the area has walls with reflection or use a tent as there is allot of radiant light spread that could be lost ...

All white leds have some deep red just the warm ones have more than the others; HPS has more orange than deep red ... the more deep red the denser the buds become ...

The evos would work great with a few all deep red 660nm lights are added to up that spectrum ... also the colored leds cover a range ... like a 630nm peaks at 630 but still covers the red spectrum from 615-645; the 660 nm peak range would be around 645-675nm

notice in the cree leds chart the deep 66nm red spectrum is missing (they don't make them yet); some 660nm led brands are osram, philips, bridgelux

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• hpslums.JPG
    hpslums.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 35
  • led-spectrums.jpg
    led-spectrums.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 32
  • par-absortion-graph.jpg
    par-absortion-graph.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 29

Rowdy420

I'm not at all affiliated with this company but, in my opinion needs to be looked/considered. I turned my local shop on to em and they seem to have sold quite a few. I use em for supplemental side lighting.
I see they have a 6K series for street lighting/parking lot, it would be interesting to see set up for a 4x4 area or maybe a tad larger. Hell, 30 years ago we were just starting to bring the hps and mh indoors that were only used for street lighting.

http://www.enluxled.com/r30_series

T_B_M

I'm not at all affiliated with this company but, in my opinion needs to be looked/considered. I turned my local shop on to em and they seem to have sold quite a few. I use em for supplemental side lighting.
I see they have a 6K series for street lighting/parking lot, it would be interesting to see set up for a 4x4 area or maybe a tad larger. Hell, 30 years ago we were just starting to bring the hps and mh indoors that were only used for street lighting.

http://www.enluxled.com/r30_series

You can only order one color of LED. There is not a single LED that can perform as good as multiple colored LEDs. This is not grow lighting, but accent and street lighting. They don't mix colors on these since you want it to be the same hue throughout.

Wacky Tobacky

so based off that list the progrow 550 would be the best bang for your buck...

Anyone have any experience with this grow light?

GP73LPC

Veteran
based strictly on price per real watt, the pro grow 550 wins...

i have no idea how it can grow plants.

the chart is only for price and warranty info. you really have to research the lights to see what they can do...

and most can grow, some better than others...

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks to T_B_M for these photos...

blackstar 240W on a kill-a-watt, only 133 watts

blackstar240w.jpg

and an 240 watt from Growledhydro, pulling 245...

glh240w.jpg

LeeROI

Lumigrow has a new model called the LumiBar. Essentially, I think it's a stretched out ES165--3 x 3 x 48 inches. The Lumibar (presumably) draws 175W from the wall; multivoltage. The LEDs are the same as those found in the ES series. Passive cooling so this could be very stealthy.
I like the switch that turns on only the white LEDs for inspecting your plants.
I'm disappointed they didn't make it slightly shorter so it would fit a 120cm tent.
Far red 740nm is mentioned as an option but that is not currently available.

"Sale" price is 699USD but I doubt they'll sell many at the MSRP of $799.
http://www.lumigrow.com/products/lumibar-led-strip-light/

GP73LPC

Veteran
charts updated.

pro grow 400 and lumigrow lumibar added...

jubiare

charts updated.

pro grow 400 and lumigrow lumibar added...
I have to suggest you looking into what this Guy is doin:
plant photonic. He makes lights himself and there is plenty of info on the website. He seems to be using the best of all worlds, diodes from cree, osram, bridgelux etc; he claims he uses the best for all the different colors. The diodes are also spaced out evenly, not as most of the manufactures. There is also a guy who has pulled 13oz from one of his 280w panel, mind he had issues with rot and hermies! Check it out here: http://www.rollitup.org/grow-room-design-setup/390631-stealth-cabinets-106.html
It all seems legit, I thought I'd share this and maybe you could look into adding that to your list (the one with results and/or the one with manufacturers)

T_B_M

I have to suggest you looking into what this Guy is doin:
plant photonic. He makes lights himself and there is plenty of info on the website. He seems to be using the best of all worlds, diodes from cree, osram, bridgelux etc; he claims he uses the best for all the different colors. The diodes are also spaced out evenly, not as most of the manufactures. There is also a guy who has pulled 13oz from one of his 280w panel, mind he had issues with rot and hermies! Check it out here: http://www.rollitup.org/grow-room-design-setup/390631-stealth-cabinets-106.html
It all seems legit, I thought I'd share this and maybe you could look into adding that to your list (the one with results and/or the one with manufacturers)
Here is his site, I think: http://plantphotonics.com/

Meh, he still thinks Cree makes 3W LEDs, not a turn on.

Doesn't look like the heat sinks have fins for added surface area. Fans look like they use some decent power.

He bragged about using the BEST LEDs per color, then state on his site that he uses Cree XRE white, LMAO. Cree XRE whites are not as good as XPG or XML. Don't know what the 660nm bin is either. Sure, he advertizes actual wattage, but I see lots of contradictions and skepticism.

At least its a little better than most cookie cutter UFO and rectangle lights that use that awful small form factor. I'm very critical of anything/anyone, and he didn't really back up what he said in that forum, but I'm sure the light is fine for growing. I'm still better off building my own at that price. $1200 for 280W is pricey. Almost $5 a watt.

jubiare

Here is his site, I think: http://plantphotonics.com/

Meh, he still thinks Cree makes 3W LEDs, not a turn on.

Doesn't look like the heat sinks have fins for added surface area. Fans look like they use some decent power.

He bragged about using the BEST LEDs per color, then state on his site that he uses Cree XRE white, LMAO. Cree XRE whites are not as good as XPG or XML. Don't know what the 660nm bin is either. Sure, he advertizes actual wattage, but I see lots of contradictions and skepticism.

At least its a little better than most cookie cutter UFO and rectangle lights that use that awful small form factor. I'm very critical of anything/anyone, and he didn't really back up what he said in that forum, but I'm sure the light is fine for growing. I'm still better off building my own at that price. $1200 for 280W is pricey. Almost $5 a watt.
aren't the new cree xpe 660nm 3w? I apologize here everyone, what cree does is xpe 630nm, no 660.I don't know about xre, thanks for the input, if you know what you are talkiing about! I am meself not very technically informed/prepared!
I am too very critical about anyone, I have yet to come across nobody totally honest about their panels, always little lies here and there and/or bashing other companies!
But as you said, this guy seems better than many others, yes a bit expensive, but companies making lights with good design/better diodes are not at all any better.
Time will tell how much he is honest too. I hate profits and lies.. I just want the best quality and best price for a green growing world.

Latest posts

Latest posts