Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can LED's do a pound or better per harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can LED's do a pound or better per harvest?

So can LED's give a pound or better at every harvest?

if so, how many watts are needed?

thanks
    No
    9.18%
    Yes, 250 watts
    7.21%
    Yes, 400 watts
    22.95%
    Yes, 600 watts
    35.74%
    Yes, 1K and up
    24.92%

Probably could if you had about a million of them.

Comment

I don't believe that current LED technology breaks the 1gpw guide. People can do worse than 1gpw, and they can do better. 1gpw is the bar.

Also, we mean REAL watts of the lights. Real and in how much power they draw, less the fans. Not the rated watts.

MH/HPS FTW
      Learning to make my own medicine
      Thank goodness for compassionate California and Prop 215

**Growing in Canna Coco, Canna Coco A/B nutes, Cannazyme (never in the res), H&G Dripclean, and Bloombastic in flower. Drip to waste, using Tropf Blumats. Scrog. Blumat Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111046

**Cloning failing?
      Chlorine could be the missing link: ICMAG Link

Check Your Hydro Hoses!!! NGW Hose toxic issue: ICMAG Link

Fear Mongering doesn't require a shred of proof. It's just a bunch of garbage that instills fear and anxiety into those who don't have the facts.

Please vote for a dedicated Cloning/Propagation & Mother's Forum: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226281

Comment

i got almost 6 oz from a 205w unit and that was under bad conditions...

When life gives you lemon-tini!

Unclefishstick Goes To Mars!

Relentless Rozay F4 and Sundae Driver x Rozay F4

Relentless gelato 41 x banana og bx1

Relentless Genetics Sundae Driver x Banana Og bx

Comment

so far

2 no's
          2 600's
          and
          1 400

Comment

so we have a trend for sure...

seems the consensus thus far is 600 watts of LED's can produce 1 lb+ each harvest.

keep the votes coming in, i'm curious as to the thoughts of the ICMAG community.

Comment

Just curious, what's the cost of 600w of LEDs?
              "Get a goddamn job before sundown, or we're shipping you off to military school with the goddamn Finklestein shit kid...Son of a bitch!"

sigpic

"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints, and then I smoke two more"

Comment

i'd say 600 watts of LED's that are worth anything are $1300 to $3000.

Comment

LED's give you much, much less heat (as compared to hps), much longer life, more energy efficient due to no wasted light spectrum, short tight nodes and according to some, frostier buds...

you have no worries about FLIR, you have no hps heat to dissipate, no bulbs to replace every 1-2 yrs and you have lower temps in your grow room.

i know start-up costs are prohibitive for a lot and that is really the biggest argument against LEDs.

With life expectancy at 10 yrs+, to me the cost of LEDs is worth it. When you consider the price of extra cooling for the grow room and hps light, energy used for additional fans because of the hps, bulb replacement costs, being visible to FLIR (only if running enough watts) and plenty of wasted light spectrum, those costs may in fact add up to or exceed the costs of the LEDs. i guess that really depends on each individual setup and grow room.

anyway, enough rambling from me...

keep the votes coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by GP73LPC View Post
                    LED's give you much, much less heat (as compared to hps), much longer life, more energy efficient due to no wasted light spectrum, short tight nodes and according to some, frostier buds...

you have no worries about FLIR, you have no hps heat to dissipate, no bulbs to replace every 1-2 yrs and you have lower temps in your grow room.

i know start-up costs are prohibitive for a lot and that is really the biggest argument against LEDs.

With life expectancy at 10 yrs+, to me the cost of LEDs is worth it. When you consider the price of extra cooling for the grow room and hps light, energy used for additional fans because of the hps, bulb replacement costs, being visible to FLIR (only if running enough watts) and plenty of wasted light spectrum, those costs may in fact add up to or exceed the costs of the LEDs. i guess that really depends on each individual setup and grow room.

anyway, enough rambling from me...

keep the votes coming in.
                    I would bet that 1w of HPS heat = 1w of LED heat in almost every garden LED light setup available. Just because you can touch the LED's, doesn't mean there isn't heat. There is a reason the back of those panels are full of fans.

**Growing in Canna Coco, Canna Coco A/B nutes, Cannazyme (never in the res), H&G Dripclean, and Bloombastic in flower. Drip to waste, using Tropf Blumats. Scrog. Blumat Thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111046

**Cloning failing?

Fear Mongering doesn't require a shred of proof. It's just a bunch of garbage that instills fear and anxiety into those who don't have the facts.

Please vote for a dedicated Cloning/Propagation & Mother's Forum: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226281

Comment

Candlepowerforums has debunked the LED vs HPS efficiency long ago.
                      There's not much difference. Both come in around 25-30%. The rest is wasted heat.

If you think a a HID and an equivalent LED dont generate near the same amount of heat, your kidding yourself.

A 600w LED grow will produce about 450 watts of heat.
                      "Get a goddamn job before sundown, or we're shipping you off to military school with the goddamn Finklestein shit kid...Son of a bitch!"

sigpic

"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints, and then I smoke two more"

Comment

i am not qualified to answer this question, however i would guess 2 of the lumigrow es 330s could do it, if it's top shelf then that 1 pound harvest would pay for the lamps
                        what's growing in the frogg's pond:
                        https://www.icmag.com/modules/Journa...luserid=134668

Comment

LED grow lights have much higher amount of USE-ABLE light per watt than HPS or MH indoor grow lights and they last longer - up to 10 years in fact. Now I am not saying that a 90W LED grow light can ever match the lumen output of a 400W HID bulb, however, they are equal when it comes to the amount of absorb-able light they emit. Few people that they have experienced less than optimal results from their LED grow lights (and nowhere near what the hype says is possible). Without fail the number one reason for failure is that they bought cheap, discount LED grow lights that were horribly underpowered. The cheap LED grow lights on the market are ridiculously underpowered. On Ebay right now, you can find dozens of LED grow light panels in which each individual LED light is rated at 0.06 Watts. So in a typical 225 LED panel of red and blue, you end up with a total power consumption of about 14 Watts. Sounds great right? Not so fast - you see, these units are good for maybe 1 square foot at a distance of less than 6 inches. Does that describe your growing space? Not likely.

Take a typical growing space of 5x5 feet or 25 square feet . . . if you bought the above light, you would need at least 12 of these units to effectively cover the space. And that is assuming you don't want to grow anything over a few inches tall.

As a rule, you should never buy an LED grow light unless each LED has an output of 1 Watt. In the above example, you would need only one 180W LED grow light to cover 25 square feet for vegetative growth and it would have the power to penetrate a leafy canopy if growing taller plants (in a 3x3).

A good Source for LED LIGHTS good quality is http://www.prosourceworldwide.com/default.asp
                          To Harvest or Not to Harvest That is The Question, remember when it comes to Your Harvest Patience is a virtue and often a discipline, young grasshopper.

Comment

Originally posted by smokefrogg View Post
                            i am not qualified to answer this question, however i would guess 2 of the lumigrow es 330s could do it, if it's top shelf then that 1 pound harvest would pay for the lamps
                            I have had no problem achieving 10 oz yields with a single ES330, and it is likely that I could have achieved more with a little more growing area - my screen was quite full at that yield level. The outside measurements of the screen are 30" x 30", with a 3/4" pvc framework, so the net size is roughly 28" x 28".
                            Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH) - Overview & Information

My DIY Hybrid LED/PL-L Luminaire

The VolksLED - DIY LEDs for the Masses

sigpic -Nutrient Calculator, Suggested Element Levels

Comment

Originally posted by rives View Post
                              I have had no problem achieving 10 oz yields with a single ES330, and it is likely that I could have achieved more with a little more growing area - my screen was quite full at that yield level. The outside measurements of the screen are 30" x 30", with a 3/4" pvc framework, so the net size is roughly 28" x 28".
                              That makes sense though. That's about 1gpw correct? Which clearly means you are a great gardener. Though, we are still talking 1gpw.

**Cloning failing?

Comment

Working...
                              X