What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New light for 3x1m?

Greensmaster

Hi I would like to replace my cmh with led light. Which would you recommend for a room of 3x1 meters .. Have looked at kingbrite - geek light - bava

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I would line up 240w QB's. You could get away with 5 of them, but I would put in 6 and aim to run them around 80% of capacity. I like 1 meter systems, as it's how far people can reach. 2 meters if there is access from each side.
The 240w QB is a manageable size and a high sales volume item. I buy direct, where it's the most cost effective size in terms of light per dollar because of this.

Or at the other end, we have the gavita bar light at about 380w. Three of them would be nice.

You should also look at Mars who will be along any moment.

A look at Migro shouldn't be missed either. The guy behind them, Shane, hides nothing. He is putting his face to his product in many youtube video's. Putting lights side by side and doing the tests we want to see. Though a few manufacturers have denied him access to their kit, for obvious reasons. He has some proper professional stuff.

Greensmaster

I will take a look at some 240 qb and gavita bar..

I just Google Migro he looks like a guy i should watch on youtube..

When you say mars i want to 🏃‍♂️.. Been there done that with MARS HYDRO MARS II 1600
Worst shit i ever spend My money on and zero support when they don't work

​​​​​

Greensmaster

I would line up 240w QB's. You could get away with 5 of them, but I would put in 6 and aim to run them around 80% of capacity. I like 1 meter systems, as it's how far people can reach. 2 meters if there is access from each side.
The 240w QB is a manageable size and a high sales volume item. I buy direct, where it's the most cost effective size in terms of light per dollar because of this.

Or at the other end, we have the gavita bar light at about 380w. Three of them would be nice.

You should also look at Mars who will be along any moment.

A look at Migro shouldn't be missed either. The guy behind them, Shane, hides nothing. He is putting his face to his product in many youtube video's. Putting lights side by side and doing the tests we want to see. Though a few manufacturers have denied him access to their kit, for obvious reasons. He has some proper professional stuff.

What do you think about GeekBeast 630w PRO or
geeklight monster board pro 7200

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I don't know them, but do hear the name. I tend to look at King Brite on there. Similar stuff.
I like the 288 boards myself. You can change them at the 4 year mark. About 35$ a piece. That common design gives me confidence I can fix/upgrade them at any time.