What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mars hydro fc e3000

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
well it has bridgelux chips, which are not as efficient as samsung/osram.... for about 60bucks more u can get the fc3000.... BUT if u look at the fc, it has '4' bars, but the middle is wide open, while it appears the FCE lets u adjust the bars as u see fit.... i really don't understand why the more exp fixture does not allow u the same adjustments as the cheaper bar. maybe 'MR MARS' will chime in... as he does on most other threads....

GoatCheese

Veteran
But they claim e version has higher ppfd values. I just wanna know is it good light for 4 autoflower girls

It’s a good light, no worries. It has a Meanwell driver on it, so it’s made with good parts. People seem quite happy with their Bridgelux Vero cobs, so i’m sure their led chips are fairly good too. Prolly not on the level of Osram, Samsung and Cree but still should be good stuff..
-
-
Yea it’s a great feature when you can move the light bars around abit to get the best coverage in different sized tents, and to suit different growing styles; Two Rows of larger plants vs. Sea-of-Green style situation or what ever.

Diskokobaja

I was heavy into cobs few years ago , and I know that vero chips are as good as cree.. EXCEPT QB boards there isnt better option for 300euros.. I just eanted someone's unbiased opinion..

chiesesganja

well it has bridgelux chips, which are not as efficient as samsung/osram.... for about 60bucks more u can get the fc3000.... BUT if u look at the fc, it has '4' bars, but the middle is wide open, while it appears the FCE lets u adjust the bars as u see fit.... i really don't understand why the more exp fixture does not allow u the same adjustments as the cheaper bar. maybe 'MR MARS' will chime in... as he does on most other threads....

always hahaha