What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newhouse Lighting UFO LED lights

Eleutherios

Plants seem to love these in veg. I was working on a medical grow for someone else using them along side 1kw HPS, seemingly to good effect. However, the situation deteriorated maybe a month at most from harvest and never got to sample the product. The results were looking fucking awesome though. So I am just wondering if anyone else here has/is used/using them and as to what your estimation of their actual output is. The manufacturer says 220watt equivalent. On another thread, I saw the ballpark of 1.5watt to 1 watt as compared to HID lights. Any thoughts?

Eleutherios

Here is one of the plants, currently flowering. It is ((Reeferman's G13H x ( Nepalese Jam x Orient Express)) x (Satori x Nepalese Jam)

Attachments

• 20180319 012537
    20180319 012537
    50.4 KB · Views: 46

Eleutherios

So, since no one seems to have anything to say about these, I will just keep posting pictures. I forgot to mention that I am using these along side a 315watt LEC from Sunlight Supply. I have had amazing results from vegging with them as a stand alone light source though. Anyways, these are my two Destroyers

Attachments

• photo2034232.png
    photo2034232.png
    589.2 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2034233.png
    photo2034233.png
    592.1 KB · Views: 38

Eleutherios

This is one of the above mentioned hybrids: one as a stand alone and then some group action. I will do my best to improve the quality and detail of the pictures. I do have limited means and what "extra" income I have often has a way of turning into more pot seeds though...... I may have a problem... The 1st picture that I posted was from about a week ago. This grow has been completed under duress and the plants vegged waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than intended. Just from the soil to the apex we are talking 4ft. With the Airpots, add at least another 2 ft. Still, the only problem has been related to headspace and not quantity of quality of light.

to be continued...

Attachments

• photo2034234.png
    photo2034234.png
    591.5 KB · Views: 40
  • photo2034235.png
    photo2034235.png
    571.1 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2034236.png
    photo2034236.png
    516.9 KB · Views: 40

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I root with some burples but they are generally frowned upon. The colour is what our eyes make of a red and blue mix. Red and blue being the colours that effect something in a petri dish the most when just a single colour is used. Old nasa research done with prisoms I believe. The problem is from a holistic lighting standpoint, blue is needed as a token amount but isn't very effective. It's a bit of a waste of power. Our plants are not just about making green building blocks either, we like to use lots of colours to bring a wider range of genes into play. It's why we went for burple with supplemental white to Mainly white with others colours the supplementals. White lights have been where the lighting budget has gone at R&D centers as everyone pushed for the best led for general lighting. I'm talking torch's to sports fields. White LED's are the demand product. This has pushed them forward years beside monochrome LED development. Burple development may of even stopped years ago. Often they have numbers like 20 lumens per watt, which is about as bright as rubbing your hands together. Though it made from individual red&blues the situation is a lot better. But it aint white.

Eleutherios

These cost $18 plus the mogul base and a cord. I am using it along side a very wide spectrum light. I just thought that people might like to see what they can do. I am sure that there are better lights out there, but for those of us trying to grow our own meds while also teetering on the brink of destitution, those lights are not the most viable options financially.