What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advice on building my own led for 5x5

So just looking for A little advice on what diodes to use how many blue to red ratio and if I should just get single led lights or are strips fine I have all the electrical equipment and knowledge needed to build and wire whatever is needed i want to make the best of the best

Koondense

Veteran
Take notes on some of led designs and make an average out of it.
For example try to replicate the average of spydrx, chilled, lumatek, hlg and gavita spectrums, i'm sure the outcome will be great.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Because it's the safe route.
One design may have too much reds, another too much blue... the average will even out the ideological bumps, if i can say so.
Or just pick one and make the same spectrum, most parts can be ordered online.

Or make a light system capable of dimming different led groups, so you can adapt the spectrum as you feel it's best for your plants.

Cheers

Because it's the safe route.
One design may have too much reds, another too much blue... the average will even out the ideological bumps, if i can say so.
Or just pick one and make the same spectrum, most parts can be ordered online.

Or make a light system capable of dimming different led groups, so you can adapt the spectrum as you feel it's best for your plants.

Cheers

Awesome thanks I have alot of research to do im a outdoor grower moving to indoor cus of my environment atm