What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uv light

overbudjet

Veteran
Just received a new toy t5ho pure Uv 75% B-- 25% A .Easy question how long will you light it up ?
3 min every hour or more need some advice from you fellow grower's

sshz

You can put it on all at once, no need to do minutes every hour. Midway thru the day is what a lot of people recommend. The bulb you have is powerful, although it may not look it. I've read many people burning their plants with it. Keep it at 3 ft. away or higher, but 3 feet away is the minimum. I'd consider starting with it 2 weeks before harvest, something like this:

Day 1-3 1/2 hour on

Day 4-6 1 hour on

Day 7-14 2 hours on.

Check your plants closely, if it starts distorting, burning your leaves or they yellow, either raise the light or cut the time back. You should see some noticeable differences in just a day or two. DON'T OVERDO IT, GO SLOWLY and pay close attention.

overbudjet

Veteran
You can put it on all at once, no need to do minutes every hour. Midway thru the day is what a lot of people recommend. The bulb you have is powerful, although it may not look it. I've read many people burning their plants with it. Keep it at 3 ft. away or higher, but 3 feet away is the minimum. I'd consider starting with it 2 weeks before harvest, something like this:

Day 1-3 1/2 hour on

Day 4-6 1 hour on

Day 7-14 2 hours on.

Check your plants closely, if it starts distorting, burning your leaves or they yellow, either raise the light or cut the time back. You should see some noticeable differences in just a day or two. DON'T OVERDO IT, GO SLOWLY and pay close attention.

Thank for your answer ! Day 19 of flower so i will wait a little before firing it up .

sshz

I’m in week 6 flowering of my 24 plant grow under 2 Gavita LED’s and I’ll be adding the uv-b in week 8 so you can find the entire grow to follow by doing a google search for “sshz and Candy Store”....... it will show up first at the top of the page. This thread has over 26,000 currently and will have over 40k when finished.

Last edited:

overbudjet

Veteran
I’m in week 6 flowering of my 24 plant grow under 2 Gavita LED’s and I’ll be adding the uv-b in week 8 so you can find the entire grow to follow by doing a google search for “sshz and Candy Store”....... it will show up first at the top of the page. This thread has over 26,000 currently and will have over 40k when finished.

Will see you at the farm !