What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED lighting survey/opinion

Gorilladonkey

I have been looking at getting a LED light for a small indoor hydroponic greenhouse with a dedicated climate control system and CO2 enrichment. I am going to go overkill on lighting and since there is so much conflicting information available of questionable quality online I figured some of you guys would have some valuable input to supplement or guide my research. My initial idea was to use 200w or 400w black dog Phyto2 LEDs in a 1x2 or a 2x2 configuration to improve canopy penetration by reducing shadowing from higher leaves.

If you know what you're talking about, just have an opinion, or "have heard" then it would be great if you could list your top one or two LEDs, and any reasoning would be appreciated as well! If you have any thoughts on the setup feel free! I just want INFO INFO INFO!

Thanks!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Pacific Light Concepts Photo Boost Strips are a great way to go if you are DIY guy. You can customize the config to match your space. Check out the one I built(link to build thread in signature) One of the best moves I have ever done is to switch 100% to led. I use HLG 60 watter to veg and clone then the big boy 630 watt PLC to flower.
The PLC 630 watt.
fetch?photoid=17617714.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17617714.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	17816181

The HLG 65 v2 4K
picture.php?albumid=80214&pictureid=2053239.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	picture.php?albumid=80214&pictureid=2053239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	17816182

Currently have a grow diary going on with a Alien Rift and a GG4 under that PLC light. You can check it out in the Grow Diaries section if you like. Have a great day. Peace negative.

Gorilladonkey

negative37dBA what is the spectrum like for those? I did a little search and it wasn't readily available. What I am going for is as broad a spectrum as possible with enhanced blue and red bands at overkill intensity.

BTW, nice setup.

negative37dBA

Veteran
fetch?photoid=17585377.jpg

You are going to get samsung lm301b whites and cree xpe HE photo reds. Its what your plants need. Check out some of Greengenes grows and builds on youtube and you will see.
picture.php?albumid=80214&pictureid=2055781.jpg

Problem is you are not going to be able to get them for awhile. Out of stock with no expected date as of today. Bummer.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
What the size of the space you are trying to light? Are those lights really 1k+ each??? wow.
Have a great day, negative.

TPFTFW

Veteran
R2thk_russell on IG

his lights kick ass and he has a 5 year warranty

sunbar v1 or V2
V2 has lots of diff nano meters and is what I personally use.
and come out to about $1 a watt AFTER shipping.
they’re really a decent amount cheaper but it’s misleading to give prices before shipping as China can be expensive.