What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wiring TG11 Socket Remote CFL lamps

broseidon

Great thread and great info. I'm going to start a first time grow and I decided on PL-Ls, but I'm a little confused about wiring as I know next to nothing about electrical work. I have the same sockets as in Hydro's awesome post and I'm wanting to wire up the paired 55w bulbs to a workhorse 5 ballast and I guess I'm a little confused by the diagram on their site on the placement of the yellow wire. I just really want to make sure I get this wired completely correct.

Also, do I need the two wires joined that connect to the ballast wires since I notice you had a little part where you said to just stick some of the wires straight into the socket since I have that type?

Also, with the ballasts and grounding, I am going to screw them underneath my wooden cab...I notice no one really mentions much about that, but should I do anything with that? Like maybe get some grounding wire or something? Thanks in advance and once again, great thread. PL-L love :)

AFP

What is the verdict on running 4 55w lamps on the 220w workhorse 8 ballast? If the light output is okay, and its safe- whats the worry? Should you need to call in the warranty, is there actually any way for them to tell that you have been running 4 lamps and not 3?

F

feral

Here's a couple pics!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is nice and clean. sweet set up for sure

Great thread guys! My building skills and patience are both low these days, so I think I'm going to opt for the PLL-55 kits from HTG.

But I have a question for you smarty pants. Seems you can't get 2700k bulbs for these PLL-55's. If you look at the included graph, you'll see there is quite a difference in chlorophyll activity between 2700l and 3000k. I wonder if the extra 3200 lumens I'd get from the 4 bulb(19,200 total lumen) PLL-55 is offset by the lower chlorophyll activity, vs. the 8 bulb 24w(16,000 total lumen) fixture that can use 2700k bulbs?

I'd save almost 30 watts as well

Thanks

Attachments

• hortgraph---chlorophyll-activity.gif
    hortgraph---chlorophyll-activity.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Latest posts