What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Design

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So Ive got a new flower room to build out. Dimensions are 12'long, 8'wide and 5 1/2 ' tall. Im thinking 2 or 3 1k air-cooled with 2 gallons of coco on a drip dtw.

Dang low ceilings. Definitely not gonna have any lee way in your distances to the lamp. Depends on where the door is to the room also. Can you do two rows of 3x12 (6-3x3’s)? That would give you a 2’ walk way in between, and would be good foot prints for those 630’s you like using. Or if you split it the other way, two rows of 5x8 (4-4x5’s), which would be a better foot print for your 1k’s. Either way you could get around 4kw in there if you can handle the load. Gonna be running Co2? Plans for AC/dehu? :tiphat:

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
No plans for dehuey. Can't run the 630s unless I run a real short strain. I can get air cooled closer and still have decent sized plants. Was planning on running 10 inch fans for intake exhaust . Ill have to run an AC on the flower room to keep it cool in summer. Winter time I can just bring in outside air.

Those low ceilings still scare me. I have trouble with my 7.5’ ceilings lol. Granted, if you know your strains and properly train you should be good. I still like the idea of 2-4x8’s (or 5x8’s; 2’ vs 4’ walk way) with a gap in the middle to walk. Is there a lung room/adjacent room where equipment and reservoirs can be placed or does everything have to go into this one room? Where is/are the door(s) to the room located?

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I was thinking maybe 2 rows of 4 3x3s ? That would be wall to wall with a 2ft isle. But then lighting wise? Id like to stay as efficient as possible. Maybe a bunch of 315s?