What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quantum board safe to use or not

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quantum board 301b 3500k v2

Hey guys not having much luck with these leds this is the second one ordered in less than a week 2 different sellers now before I order the big ones is this damage to the corner going to make any difference thanks guys for any help much appreciated. photos added :tiphat:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

J

jaded1

Yeah,doesn't look like anything to worry about mate.Is just a small bend in a tiny bit of 1 fin of heat sink and won't make any difference to the lights function.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
no worries to use it, maybe ask for a replacement heatsink thats all you should worry about :)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like its just the heatsink what is damaged?

Thanks for response OakyJoe its only the corner in the photo damaged nothing else... Im just a little concerned as I know nothing at all about leds and will be going full leds as of today the seller says its nothing to worry about but thought id ask others as any seller will say its ok if you get where im coming from a sale is a sale.. :)

Thanks jaded1 was typing and did not see your reply that's put my mind at rest so will order more thanks guys its always appreciated.

The Pheonix

it does mean the unit has took a fair hit especially if it was protected and boxed when it happened.....

I would want it replacing for the safety aspect...

alot of my stuff comes damaged these days the courier companies have lads who just fling the packages

the heavier the package the more they can't be arsed

Peace

Phe

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
that be not a problem if not diode are broken or dead

that older QB LED panel about activ coolling the newer ones have passiv cooling and are thin mate

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys for taking time to answer my questions its appreciated Here is a few more photos I checked to see if its all working and looks good to me contacted the seller who immediately said he would replace it as after all I will be ordering the big ones later today of him but what I did notice on the other boards I bought and sent back different seller ….After checking my photos.... Is that the ones from hlg did specify v2 on the board but this one does not but I did order v2 boards of this seller but I don't know if they all should state v2 on them or not.. maybes someone can educate me more thanks.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

These are ultra bright on full power.. Once again cheers guys for your help..:) This is my new veg light.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers The Pheonix just don't want to get scalped buying boards I know nothing about hence the questions :biggrin:

Cheers for the pm dimodz appreciated..

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Yes, 301b are square shape and are on version 2 boards, the version 1 has lm561 rectangular diodes.

Cheers

J

jaded1

Active cooling means there must of been a fan cooling the board and the 1 you have is passively cooled by the heat sink.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Active cooling means there must of been a fan cooling the board and the 1 you have is passively cooled by the heat sink.

Much appreciated for your answers as I have not got the foggiest guess I have to learn again with these lights:tiphat: