No announcement yet.

$30 DIY Carbon Filter (Design by Ryoko)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, I saw one of these filters at HD and took it out of the box.It was still in plastic and folded, but the actual material is pretty thick, and from the outside of the bag the carbon looks spread pretty well throughtout the fibers. The only other carbon impregnated filters I've seen were the "WEB" brand filters and weren't suitable, the "honeywell" ones like in this tek appear to be much better.

Comment

I like your design. I've been playing around with the carbon prefilters myself. I finally solved my odor problem by placing a HEPA filter unit in the space and turning it on full blast. The HEPA should help prevent mold and fungi problems as well. I supplement with a masking agent such as incense also.
      "No lie can live forever."
      Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

everything you can do helps. do you notice a difference bounty?
        hey , a tip on the cloth or nylon, do a wrap of plastic sheeting over the screen or chix wire before you put the cloth on. put the cloth over the plastic and then pull the plastic out from under the fabric. works slick.

edit/ i meant to add that if ur usin nylons it helps to roll em up like like a hot sexy chic would unrollem to take em off. then you unroll em over the screen.
        beats tryin to pull them all they way around the tube. later
        Last edited by WhyMe; 03-22-2007, 05:21.

Comment

nice

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Mine's not as pretty - more ghetto than anything, but it appears to be working. We'll see when things get stinky.

Here I have fans pulling air from the cab. One pulling from the veg/clone section and one pulling from the flowering section into the carbon filer set up. I also have fans pulling in fresh air from outside the cab.
              click pic for a bigger view

Here is a view of the carbon filter set up. I used 3X4 flanges for the passage holes. connected fans on one side (drawing - no back pressure present if you're wondering). A Sanitary tee and a 90 degree elbow, connecting both shelves to the carbon filter.

Another view of it.

Comment

:

very nice DIY setup

Last edited by x10fast; 06-21-2007, 01:03.
                "Since it's inception marijuana is natural, given by God for all living creatures to use. Let peace and sanity prevail. Let the herb grow free. There is no finer hobby on this planet than tending to a garden that gives such delightful rewards." - Greg Green.

Comment

i like the looks of this carbon filter and design a lot... even with the missing pictures it seems like the easiest in fact maybe the only one i sorta understand at all..

i hope i can find some of those things...
                  Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams!?
                  And the angel said unto me,
                  These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots.
                  You see, reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day
                  and to them it is the holocaust.

Pux's iKea File Cabinet Grow
                  www.Overgrow.com
                  PC Case Growers Club

Comment

which page are those other pics on thaT DIDN'T SHOW UP??
                    Amendment 20 medical caregiver

Comment

Hey cool, one of my old threads has been ported from hempcultivation! What a blast from the past.

Comment

Huh, I don't know why those pictures aren't showing up. They were all in my gallery, and I didn't delete them or anything.

Comment

This is a cool design, how long does that filter keep working? I used the web one in earlier systems and they would not be heavy duty enough to last more than a month at best. If you want a more robust air scrubbing, for about the same cost, and ease of build, check out my "simple scrubber" thread, the link is in the DIY stickies. I may try this idea on a new office scrubber to see how it works over time, the simplicity is attractive.
                          H

Comment

I built an even larger one than the one pictured, 5" diameter, and change the filter sheet once per grow.

Comment

Would this work for a 420watt cab? The size is 44inches long 68inches high and 24inches wide.

Comment

bump...

So how is the filter holding up?
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...
                                X