Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off the Shelf, Airtight & Light Tight Doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
    Zippers let pollen out.

Yep, this is for cabinets so I'll have to be clean when I tend them (at least from the waist up. lol). Good point.

ah.. the plot thickens..

I am sorry but bastard within me just took over my hands.. .. in op you were asking about air tight doors.. air tight door do not resolve the issue of you attending the plants..the pollen will get out when you open the door >> contamination.

OR

is your setup indeed up to keeping plants happy for the duration of pollen ( contamination) ( == no need to open door .. what loss will happen is acceptable?)

Comment

What? You can't figure out how to build a cab with neg pressure?

Seriously though, using a fan as your outtake will allow air in when tending. I'll be keeping the air in the room fairly clean, so contamination possibilities are greatly reduced.
      Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
      DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
      DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
      6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
      8-Minute CBD Test
      Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
        What? You can't figure out how to build a cab with neg pressure?

Seriously though, using a fan as your outtake will allow air in when tending. I'll be keeping the air in the room fairly clean, so contamination possibilities are greatly reduced.

indeed.. .. which makes the OP (and comments) more and more confusing.. AS you know you can control pollen and other contamination's with negative pressure same works for zipper doors and cabin doors with gaps big enough for pencil.

one can build a airtight frame and door from second hand scap items for 10$ to 20$ .. getting everything second hand can be too much so small budged to get something..

The downside is that these can be bit more complex to operate than standard door ( depending on requirements and design)

I do hope I have worded my message so that you will not take offence from me jabbing at your post. I dose push my buttons when person ask a question when he has actually needs answer to different question.

I do recall reading your past messages which were helpfull/insightfull .. something told me (famous little bird that sits between the lines) that what you are asking and what you problem is are two slightly different things.

as said.. the bastard too kontol of my arms and today is a publich holiday with required alcohol conzuption minimum..

so... central contaminated/dirty zone with negative pressure connecting to 1...n chambers of clean rooms with positive pressure? problem solved?
        Last edited by Iamnumber; 05-01-2019, 21:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamnumber View Post
          indeed.. .. which makes the OP (and comments) more and more confusing.. AS you know you can control pollen and other contamination's with negative pressure same works for zipper doors and cabin doors with gaps big enough for pencil.
          Not confusing at all. I want to keep un-filtered room air out as much as possible. There's a huge difference between a few minutes of exposure to room air when tending the plants, vs. constant pinhole or gap leaks of room air 24/7.
          Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
          DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
          DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
          6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
          8-Minute CBD Test
          Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

Comment

In order for the air not to enter or leave the room, it is necessary to install good windows that will be sufficiently airtight. My windows are old and they let air in. I'm gonna change them.

Comment

Hi, you can use a old mini fridge door and latche (you often found them for nothing in a scrap yard)

peace to all

Comment

I've used thin foam boards in many applications. Attached to the inside of your cabinet door and trimmed out with foam backer rod ( comes flat and round) might work. Finding an adhesive that holds the backer to the foam board is the trick. This can be close to airtight but not 100%. Sometimes the backer can be attached to the inside frame for a good seal. Usually the door's hinge side is a problem but the hinges can be shimmed out. I'm assuming you want to keep using the cabinet door.

Comment

Working...
                X