What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 X 10 Grow Tent Questions

gardenfather

Hey Everyone.

Im upgrading my Grow tent from a 5x5 to a 10 x 10

I just bought an 8inch Exhaust Fan, Carbon Filter to go with it

I have 5 Auto pots (upgrades to the new 2.0) + 45L Res (i want to upgrade this to 100L maybe)

How many plants do you think I Should grow in there? Stay with the 5? and do LST?
Should I do Scrog(Sea of Green) with more Auto Pots?

Would one 16-20inch oscillating fan be enough plus 2 Small clip fans?

I'm also going to buy air Pump + 5 Air doms for my Auto pots... Never used them but i heard the Air Doms are worth it.

I'm thinking of buying 2 of these (Futur Vert Floramax FM8 LED FSG 660W 120-277V LED Grow Light)

I have an intake Fan I should prob use it for this 10 x 10 to help with the negative pressure on the tent... i think its a 6 inch? should i upgrade to an 8inch one?

Im using Soil + clay stones in the autopots

Im using Worm Casing in the soil mix

I bought the Gaia Nutrient line + Fish shit

Any recommendations/Help I would appreciate it :)

Now on a side note

Are there any tools that I could connect to a pc, mobile phone to track see the data analysis of everything? I know its only 10 x 10 and not a huge grow op lol.

But I would love to see the science and data of everything.

Subu

I don't know much about doing things at this scale but surely it might have made more sense to keep the 5x5 and buy separate tent(s) for more flexibility? Perhaps less cost efficient depending how ventilation etc. costs out

troutman

Seed Whore
I have a 10' X 5' tent now with an 6" inline fan with a speed controller.

I think you better go with an 8" or maybe 10" fan with a speed controller with your 10' X 10' tent.

gardenfather

i really think i F*ed this one up lol. For some reason I thought it was going to be 10 x 5 lol not sure why I kept thinking 10 x 10 ill see if i can cancel my tent order and get a 10X5 instead

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
If it is 10x10ft, you can grow more than 5 plants. But it will be decided by the plant size. If it is large size, i assume it will be okay to grow 10 in that space.
Also 2x650W light are not enough to cover that space. At least 4 lights will be needed. If you don't mind, pls have a look at our FCE6500. https://www.mars-hydro.com/fc-e6500-led-grow-light

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yeah I have to agree with Mars Hydro LED on this one, the number of plants will come down to what size/style of plants you are growing. It will also depend on the effective footprint of the lighting you end up using. I've yet to grow with LED lights so I don't feel confident on saying much more about the lighting. As far as the size and number of plants I can go a bit more illustrative from my own experiences but that's all based on HID lighting. My grow space was effectively 4' wide and 8' long or at least that was the footprint I got out of 2 1000W HIDs in a room that was 5'w and 10' long. Now when I grew using 5 gallon pots of soil and growing plants about 6'-7' tall I could manage 12- 16 plants fairly comfortably and no more then 20 uncomfortably. If however I went more for a SoG (Sea of Green) Cola on a stick type of grow then I could manage 18 - 24 plants under one light in half the space or 36-48 under 2 lights using the full space but I only ever did the half space version because I really didn't need the amount of weed using the full space would yield and it would have really been more work then I wanted to do. Now when I did the cola on a stick version the plants usually ended up somewhere between 3 to 4 feet tall. Interestingly enough I would yield not quite but almost as much bud from the half space SoG grows as I would from the full space full size plant grows but the half space grows were much easier to harvest and only required one light thereby making it much cheaper to grow that way even though technically it was more plants.

So hopefully that illustrates for you to some extent the way plant size, grow style and light set up determines the plant numbers. Now I never did it but I could have gotten similar yields with less plants if I went with a SCRoG style (Screen of Green) grow but I just felt that it would have required more time and attention then I could have afforded to give. From that though one could conclude that the size of the space and the footprint of the light will determine your yield no matter the number of plants, so long as you made full use of the space. The style of grow really seems more to determine the level of work you need to put in to achieve that yield then it does the amount of yield itself. Or at least that was my experience for the most part.

As for your side note I've heard of apps that allow you to set up and run a mostly remote and automated grow and I'm sure by now someone has also found a way to get some analytics out of that but I've never used anything like that so I couldn't tell you what those apps are called and really for all I know those apps might have been more fiction then reality. You could accomplish much the same thing just from keeping solid records and there likely are apps out there especially with so many legal operations running now that would crunch the numbers for anyone willing to enter the raw data.