What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Source for custom 99% to 100% VOC-grade/type carbon panels.

moose eater

For about 20 years I have been ordering from a specific company on the PNW Coast. They'd typically done right by me, though sometimes the bending on their metal, riveted frames was off a bit, but I could tweak it, and get by with excellent coverage.

This last shipment, after not ordering from them for a couple years or more due to having a stash of the filters here (for a variety of reasons), they sent me the filters, did a far better job on bending the frames and riveting, BUT, when I opened the package up a while after receiving it (likely about mid to later July, having received them May 10, but not having needed them right away), I was aghast to find the nicely bent frames contained so little carbon I could see right through most of the areas in the honeycomb, behind the screening.

I'd been ordering, as stated, 12" x 24" x 2" (finished about 11-5/8" x 23-5/8" x 1-7/8") for close to 2 decades, with no issues.

I got ahold of the source to tell them that the filters were wrong, that I had needed the 99% to 100% VOC-grade fill, and received something I can't use. They said they'd straighten it out. I offered to send back the incorrect filters, and they declined.

They implied that the screw-up was due to my not using a standard purchase order, but in the years I'd done business with them, I've NEVER used that form, and ALWAYS ordered the VOC-grade filters.

They're not returning my calls at this point, and haven't made good on their promise to make it right by sending the correct filters. and I'm out over $350 for product and shipping for shit I can't use. So I've initiated a purchase/charge dispute with my credit card company.

Reading their reviews it appears that something changed at the company in the last several years; a person who did contract work for them got burned for about $20,000, another entity received a spendy (faulty) HUGE carbon cannister, and is out several thousand dollars, and so on, and so forth.

----------------------------------

That's the history.

All that outa' the way, who has a reliable, HIGH QUALITY, metal-framed, riveted or opening tray system, for the panels I've described; preferably reasonable in price, and good build quality, and delivering what's promised, with no bullshit?

I can't tolerate any more of the incidents where the neighbor's kid drives into my driveway and asks my son if he smells ganja.. That was -totally- uncool.

Last edited:

moose eater

Has anyone done business with D-Mark in Detroit area? They make a refillable 'tray' type of panel filter, for about what I was paying for a non-refillable rivetted aluminum framed honeycomb panel.

Anybody have an opinion re. D-Mark's products?

moose eater

Nobody??

Guess I'll limit the initial order to D-Mark to one or 2 refillable panels, and a box of activated carbon to refill with, and see how their products work, compared to a VOC-grade 99-100% fill disposable aluminum framed carbon panel like I used to purchase out of Oregon, before they screwed me.

But I -did- get a refund from my credit card company after filing the dispute re. the fouled-up order.

Would still prefer to locate a product that's closer in function and design to the ones I used to buy out of Oregon, but with proper fill and bends to the frames.

Latest posts

Latest posts