What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

please help, new to reservoirs really could use some guidance on what to use

TPFTFW

Veteran
so i need to know what fittings i need to

1. attach hose to pump (leader ecosub 420)
2. how then to attach hose to 2 inch threaded hole at the bottom of the reservoir
3.how to use that attachment go to hardline PVC (3/4")

i have also bought a netafim circle mesh inline filter (mesh 120) (micron 130)

i think i have the rest pretty much figured out but please any help, i need this done today

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

thank you for any and all help
​​​​​​​this is urgent

carson

I'm too scared of the connection failing and the whole reservoir dumping on the ground so I use a pump inside the res with PVC plumbed from the pump up and out of the top of the reservoir, personally. That's not what the pros do though. I can't tell you exactly what piece you need to screw into that, but I would take a measurement and hit your local grow store or maybe big box and look around in the plumbing sections.

edited to say that I think most people use in line pumps for this application, so the pump is actually outside the reservoir. You're got a submersible pump which is what I use in the application I described.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I notice the locknut is a left hand thread. They expect you to screw a male threaded part into that. Perhaps a 1/2" hose spigot. The 1/2" is bore, and would usually present a 20mm wide male threaded part. However, that doesn't answer how you put a pipe on both the inside and outside of the res. It just looks like a take off point, not a through-bulkhead fitting.
Using a cable compression gland to take a hose through a bulkhead is getting common. I think the real answer is not to use it though. Just bung it up. Then come off the pump and out the top of the barrel. Or through the side of the barrel, but above the water line. Thinking about it... that's how my little system is done.

The taps on barrels tend to be a taper thread, so this might also be. Making it impossible to screw in from both sides. I really can't tell from a picture. I don't think it's what you want.

lol@calling me over.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Oh.. I lost this thread..
You can buy through bulkhead pipe fittings. Giving a thread each side. Unlike most tank connectors.
Let me see... Late as it is
https://www.boatingandrv.com.au/poly...d-fitting-3-4/
Most seem to be for marine use, so carry a 90% luxury goods price increase. For $15 they don't even provide rubber washers, so it won't even work... until you silicone it in.
Bulkhead fittings don't usually have hose spigots
https://phillipsind.com/bulkhead-fittings.html
You can add them cheaply though
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

Your fitting looks 1/2 not 3/4
1/2 will supply 100 emitters with 2 liters an hour, and quite a lot of back n forth pipework. Which will hold many liters within itself. The tank doesn't look big enough for a 3/4" delivery system. That's fire truck delivery rates. Garden hose is perhaps ample.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Ok so, to clerify

I used a lot of that as seen on TV FLEX paste Shit, and put a pipe going on down on a 45.

setting it up as wel speak, I’ll keep this updated for anyone who may ever get the same res as me

also

panworld ps150 pump for the win. Low draw, quiet, magnetically driven, used for hazardous materials, and has a 14 gallon per minute flow @ 10ft vertical head

Only 170w