What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto shut off float valve for a garden hose?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Perhaps you could find a used gasoline/diesel pump handle used at gas stations, since new ones are not cheap? Once cleaned of any residual gas/diesel it will be plenty clean enough for plants. Connect to your water line, squeeze handle and lock in place before setting it where the spout is at your desired water line. When it fills to that point it will auto shut off, just like at the gas station with your vehicle.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Perhaps you could find a used gasoline/diesel pump handle used at gas stations, since new ones are not cheap? Once cleaned of any residual gas/diesel it will be plenty clean enough for plants. Connect to your water line, squeeze handle and lock in place before setting it where the spout is at your desired water line. When it fills to that point it will auto shut off, just like at the gas station with your vehicle.

D.C. !!!
where ya been?

How's life?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Ok guys!
the dehumidifier does work just as the manufacturer told me in the email.
I put the dehuey in a big tote to prevent a flood, attached garden hose and then zip-tied the hose kinked shut. The water starts dripping into the internal collection basin just as I hoped. I kinda figured the manufacturer would know how it operated, but wasn't sure if there was a language barrier issue.
Now I need to see if the float valve works with the low pressure of the dehuey runoff.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I feel like someone just proved god. I almost want to buy one, just to see how that can be lol

What does the sticker say then? I'm edging towards agnostic :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I feel like someone just proved god. I almost want to buy one, just to see how that can be lol pic of the hole that the water comes out when the hose is clogged. I didn't even see it when I looked before.

What does the sticker say then? I'm edging towards agnostic :)

😆
I'll grab you a pic tomorrow and I'll try to get you a pic of the hole that the water comes from. I didn't even see it before

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If that float works, I don't know what I will say. I can feel my dick shrinking already. It will probably fall off completely. Leaving me to join a sewing community.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
If that float works, I don't know what I will say. I can feel my dick shrinking already. It will probably fall off completely. Leaving me to join a sewing community.

Naw.. 😂 😂 I'm thinking it's firmly attached, it won't fall off.
you are probably right about the float needing pressure to close valve.
But, finding a valve that works shouldn't be extremely hard.. hopefully.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I used a pair of trim scissors as a pointer.
There's a little "ramp" that the water backs up into if the hose is clogged, and drips out the hole at the top of the ramp.

I was thinking it had something to do with the bigger hole in the back,but I was wrong.

Here's a pic of the sticker also.
IMG_20210707_102918247.jpg
IMG_20210707_102826416.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The older type with a ball on an arm might be the safest option. Very cheap and the leverage gives the seal. Just a shame to drill your tank and size it to hold a long arm. The little one's seemed so much easier.

Latest posts

Latest posts