What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fertigation/Dosatron

DripKing

Hayo Icmag, waxytaxi here, been a while since I’ve visited the mag! Had a lot going on last year and things were getting spicy, been steady grinding and learning a lot.

I’ve been setting up dosatron systems and studying fertigation a lot more. Irrigation systems are a thing of the past and hand watering has proven to hurt plants in coco.

The difference between a hand water, irrigation, and fertigation is basically like driving a stock Honda Civic, a Audi R8, compared to a Ferrari 458. All of them will get you from A-B, but after driving the civic and Audi for long long and getting a taste of the Ferrari, there is no going back lol

The amount of time and energy that has been saved is unbelievable, these systems are the future and I am happy to answer any questions you may have about them.

I owe a lot to the mag, learned so much here since 2012, really thankful for the growers who shared the secrets of the sauce, may many blessings go their way.

DripKing

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2033555.jpg
    photo2033555.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2033556.jpg
    photo2033556.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 42

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
So odd terms being used here. DTW is usually tank mixed and pumped in. The dosers add feed to your hosepipe. Like bubbles to your jetwash.

The plants look good. Just A&B and acid? They must like your feed choice.

My feed won't machine. I had to find a stirring method. I'm really interested what that feed is though. I have quite a few things I dose with.

DripKing

Currently using pure blend pro, CaliMagic, and magnum, will swap the magnum for hydroplex come late weeks of flower

it’s gunky but I’m going to flush all the lines with green clean and sanidate after harvest, so far haven’t had but one line clog, might switch to cns17 if yields are low

I kept my dtw manifold and plugged the doser system right in, make sure water is filtered before the system, I like the dab pump first in case you turn on another water source it will maintain pressure going towards the dosers, you don’t need a etatron to ph but I like it a lot, expensive tho

make sure to order the correct dosers, lots of models and types, figure out all your % or ml/gl so you don’t have to dilute stuff like my dumbass did lol

ensure mixing chambers are in the proper place and your probes are fresh and clean, psi gauges at the end that should match the dab settings

make sure to have pressure regulators that match your emitters at the start of each zone as a fail safe

DripKing

Ever since I added the magnum last week they have zero purple in the stems, bumped up to 6x a day at 3.0 ec rn

Attachments

• 87E13621-2583-44A2-BEAE-D64B76AE74F7.png
    87E13621-2583-44A2-BEAE-D64B76AE74F7.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 25
3.0 in veg? how many ml/gal of PBP? i'm using canna coco and am at 2.6 EC and running purple stems and light leaves...600-800ppm co2, t5's running pretty close to the plants...can't seem to get rid of the purple!

DripKing

Had the same issue till I figured out my ratios were all off, thanks to Ichabod

how much calmag you giving and what kind?