Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hippies water cooled over-haul. (iceboxes)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    hippies water cooled over-haul. (iceboxes)

    here it is folks!
    its very effeciant.

    enjoy! ask questions! learn! upgrade!

    the heart, a 2HP JBJ arctica chiller. titanium core, for coarl reefs.
    220v 30 amps.

    1" PVC, mostly insulated, with GH1250gph inline 1" pump. 140$, very quiet. very powerful.


    haha- the 'muffler' i just installed for my 'air-a/c'...total waste now...

    25 gallon "tub" (recycled 0$)
    complete with cloudy water.

    pumps....

    1250, gph (eco, real cheap, probably not 1250gph)
    1056, 633, 400

    1250 goes to 2ed room with 3/4 going to 3 8" boxes.

    400 goes to my 8" on the can 100, hung from the cieling.

    633 goes to 6" #1 &2 on the left mover.

    1056 goes to 4 6" boxes on the middle and right mover, 3/4 trunk broken into 2x 1/2.

    cost about 1200 on iceboxes.
    about 250 on insulation, plumbing(pvc, joints, valves, click-clamps, tape, etc)
    45$ on 200' black poly 1/2" 40$ on 30' black poly 3/4".
    160$ on the 5 pumps in the water, 140$ on the big pump.
    1835 so far... probably some extra for gas and such.
    i droped about 750 on 4 6" fans and 1 8" fan, but depending on perspective there essential anyways.


    the chiller can vary, i got mine used for a hell of a deal.
    a bit of a headache with all the movers. atleast to setup.
    and requires de-humys to control dew on the lines. other then that.
    pffft awsome.

    total control. less power useage.

    again, let me know what you think, and when your going to upgrade.
    Originally posted by _Dude
    LOL, ride it till the wheels fall off mate.
    screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!


    Grow(s)
    whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
    my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
    333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
    watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284


    Construction

    The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

    Originally posted by treewizard
    We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.

    #2
    DAMN man

    nice set up

    You have it goin on, very impressive
    Federally Registered Designated Grower
    THE BUD HUNTER

    Medicinal Marijuana Advocate
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      Wow! im impressed! That's one hell of a chiller. Nice job!

      Sea solids and coco + Azospirillum

      http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=166058

      Coco-Ops

      http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=168471

      2k Perpetual Multi-strain medical grow

      http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=137222

      DIY 24 Site Top-Fed Modules
      http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=154679

      Comment


        #4
        Your light rails seem to be at or around capacity. Might want to keep a spare parts kit around for those in case the drive-wheel fails.

        Otherwise awesome! How much light are you cooling with the 2hp and do you feel it's sufficient? What % of the time does the compressor run during the operating cycle?

        Consider a manifold design (as shown in the Hydro Innovations youtube videos) so you could use a single pump to drive the whole works. This would help get the weight of the water hoses off each light rail.

        Apparently you can also run food-grade propelyne glycol (antifreeze) in your chiller reservoir for more efficiency. Anyplace you can insulate will help too--like your reservoir and some of the piping.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by DIGITALHIPPY View Post
          enjoy! ask questions! learn! upgrade!


          400 goes to my 8" on the can 100, hung from the cieling.


          Thanks for the pics of your room and setup.

          From the pic above, it looks like you've got far too much weight being carried on those open eye hooks. Those cans are heavy. One of the hooks appears to be spreading already. I'd fix that if I were you. That's a very serious accident - waiting to happen.

          Even if you dodge that bullet, your plants and the rest of your hardware are very unlikely to. $2 in parts, a stepladder and five minutes of your time will make you happy and safe.

          Be well and enjoy the new chiller.
          Proof that Legalization is Certain within 10 years

          Comment


            #6
            ?

            this garden lady out of the loop...
            is this a system to water-cool lights?

            enjoy your garden!
            *all posts by *mistress* are for entertainment and/or educational purposes only. concepts, characters, descriptions, approximations, estimations, are the product of *mistress* imagination, and used fictitiously. no post intends to describe, nor infer, the actual conduct of any persons, living or dead. any resemblance is purely coincidental.*

            "This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only." -ICMAG

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by fatigues View Post
              Thanks for the pics of your room and setup.

              From the pic above, it looks like you've got far too much weight being carried on those open eye hooks. Those cans are heavy. One of the hooks appears to be spreading already. I'd fix that if I were you. That's a very serious accident - waiting to happen.

              Even if you dodge that bullet, your plants and the rest of your hardware are very unlikely to. $2 in parts, a stepladder and five minutes of your time will make you happy and safe.

              Be well and enjoy the new chiller.
              id like to over-do everything, they do look wimpy in the pic, but i assure it holds, as i can ALSO hang from the filter. (180)... i was going to add another chain loop though. when i stand under it, im not scared.

              to thoes new to the watercooling sceen this is a AIR CONDITIONER REPLACEMENT... i replaced 2 15k btu a/c'sone in a box.

              1HP can cool 3KW and provide A/C to the room.
              1HP can cool up to 6KW with a small (10k btu ish)ac

              SSOOOO...
              my 2HP chiller can run 2 6KW rooms on flipflop.

              im running it on a flip-flop with a 6kw room and a 2800w room.

              the compressor runns about 50-100% depending on situation. 100% with 6800watts (peak i run it at.) when my 2 rooms overlap-one v eging still.




              someone mentioned the pumps. i like this situation, because of the 2 rooms (3rd room cooled with exhaust from 2 rooms)
              and the 200+feet of tube. plus i can turn some on and turn others off for maintinance, upgrades, or etc.

              i was thinking of upgrading the water to anti-freez/car coolant.

              i did also just add some pool tabs to the water to clean it up untill i decide.

              pics of the 2800w room.
              the 8" iceboxes are amazing.





              the 3 6"s on on the mover has only 2 8" iceboxes, and with a temp controller the fan acts as a/c and can run room as cold as 68. at full 2800watts.

              someone mentioned the rails. they are way loaded, but there awsome designed, and i spent 300+ hours fixing this setup, there as balanced as it can get. ido have extra parts, but the lr3/lr5 are champions.
              Originally posted by _Dude
              LOL, ride it till the wheels fall off mate.
              screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!


              Grow(s)
              whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
              my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
              333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
              watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284


              Construction

              The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

              Originally posted by treewizard
              We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.

              Comment


                #8
                it costs more upfront, but the chiller/water colling hoods, are energy effeciant. im looking to lower my monthly bill from around $1100.

                both rooms are also running dehumies. just to re-iterate.
                Originally posted by _Dude
                LOL, ride it till the wheels fall off mate.
                screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!


                Grow(s)
                whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
                my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
                333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
                watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284


                Construction

                The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

                Originally posted by treewizard
                We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Surrender View Post
                  Apparently you can also run food-grade propelyne glycol (antifreeze) in your chiller reservoir for more efficiency. Anyplace you can insulate will help too--like your reservoir and some of the piping.
                  antifreez was on my thought list... it ADDS effeciancy???? im about to do it..but itas gona come out to about $200... a drop in the bucket, in my setup, for sure.just a matter of time.

                  these things are bomb, the 8"'s are sick.

                  im adding insulation, tried to show in the pic but its hard to tell.
                  the white is actualy a layer of duct tape around black insulation... then a silver layer, on the west facing-sun-exposed surface.



                  effeciancy is a bitch...
                  and LEDs, and T5's just cant compete with 1Ks'
                  Originally posted by _Dude
                  LOL, ride it till the wheels fall off mate.
                  screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!


                  Grow(s)
                  whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
                  my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
                  333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
                  watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284


                  Construction

                  The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

                  Originally posted by treewizard
                  We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Beautiful setup. I really dig the air cooling lights, whats the temp on the air coming from your hoods when the chiller is running?
                    RIP Moth - A brother never met always known! Peace be upon you now and forever!

                    How do you leave this world? Better or worse than you enter it? This is the measure of success, not money in the bank or stuff in your house but the measure of impact whether positive or negative that you make in the world in which you live.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Looking at the last picture and the first one about the outside units, there is something that could be better, IMO.

                      The outside units are too close together and too close to the back wall. The A/C and outside chiller box need a clear zone around them for airflow. They are much too close to the back wall, each other, and the side wall I see. This is really cramping the air flow and makes them less efficient. The overhang/roof above the A/C unit is also a big no-no. That unit will pull in from the sides and blow up. With the roof, it has airflow restriction.

                      The amount of air those units need is awesome and it needs to be at least 3 feet on all sides (or more) for proper operation. Check out the A/C maintenance web sites you see for obstructions and outside units. Things like bushes planted around A/C units are bad too, because they also block airflow.

                      I know you have got to do what's needed for your location and that drives how things are done, but you are hurting yourself (and your electricity bill) by not giving the outside heat exchanger enough clear space to breath easily.

                      -SomeoneYouKnow

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by DIGITALHIPPY View Post
                        antifreez was on my thought list... it ADDS effeciancy????
                        I'm not a physicist but I understand the PG can carry energy more easily than water as it's about 3.5% denser than H2O. Might check with the Hydro Innovations guys what they think? I just don't know whether it would be effective in the heat ranges we're talking about...though the Water-Cooled PC guys use it in their systems to a similar effect.


                        I hear what you're saying about more pumps==better control over the independent flows. For my own future single-pump approach I'll probably install the manifold and then control the independent flows with solenoid valves at each outlet.

                        Anyway, love the setup!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          impressive set up !!!

                          thanks a lot for sharing the tips !

                          ++
                          Nepal smoking TOUR
                          Across the Atlantic and beyond : Hashish and Ganja Tales
                          Carribean Sativa Tour !!
                          Australian Strains Report, for Sativa lovers... !!
                          My BUDs Thread

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Some1uKnoOf View Post
                            Looking at the last picture and the first one about the outside units, there is something that could be better, IMO.

                            The outside units are too close together and too close to the back wall. The A/C and outside chiller box need a clear zone around them for airflow. They are much too close to the back wall, each other, and the side wall I see. This is really cramping the air flow and makes them less efficient. The overhang/roof above the A/C unit is also a big no-no. That unit will pull in from the sides and blow up. With the roof, it has airflow restriction.

                            The amount of air those units need is awesome and it needs to be at least 3 feet on all sides (or more) for proper operation. Check out the A/C maintenance web sites you see for obstructions and outside units. Things like bushes planted around A/C units are bad too, because they also block airflow.

                            I know you have got to do what's needed for your location and that drives how things are done, but you are hurting yourself (and your electricity bill) by not giving the outside heat exchanger enough clear space to breath easily.

                            -SomeoneYouKnow

                            sorry m8, but none of that is true.

                            although the unit looks close to the 'household' a/c compressor, the other one is not running.

                            JBJ also suggests i have this chiller INSIDE a room outside WITHOUT A ROOF is on there "not to do" list..

                            this particular unit also doesnt put out much heat . ATALL. it could be ran in a room, as the 'heat' comming off it is only a few degrees warmer then the ambiant temp.

                            also- the fans blow toward the picture, and i have 2 inches more then they suggest asfar as depth goes.

                            i know what your saying, and im not suggesting that your wrong but in this case, its fine. the only issue is going to be summer.
                            -JBJ says that the unit should be in an area where it wont get past 90F. but inside a room isnt going to help that part out, atall.

                            i should scan the manual, YOU WOULD LAUGH at what there suggested installation is.
                            Originally posted by _Dude
                            LOL, ride it till the wheels fall off mate.
                            screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!


                            Grow(s)
                            whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
                            my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
                            333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
                            watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284


                            Construction

                            The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

                            Originally posted by treewizard
                            We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Surrender View Post
                              I'm not a physicist but I understand the PG can carry energy more easily than water as it's about 3.5% denser than H2O. Might check with the Hydro Innovations guys what they think? I just don't know whether it would be effective in the heat ranges we're talking about...though the Water-Cooled PC guys use it in their systems to a similar effect.


                              I hear what you're saying about more pumps==better control over the independent flows. For my own future single-pump approach I'll probably install the manifold and then control the independent flows with solenoid valves at each outlet.

                              Anyway, love the setup!
                              def on my to-do list, when i call they seam to be busy...

                              the manifold only works when u dont have movers. i require 3-5 ft of tube to be moving back and forth for the 6ft 'movement' the movers do.

                              it also seams over-done, and overly complex. requireing a huge, expensive pump. i got 5 pumps for less then my 1 inline.

                              -solenoids? thats some time brother! but def pro-status, might be worth it to just use the red valve handles. i used thoes with some unions next to my chiller. the manifold is pimp looking.


                              im going to get a digital ampmeter so i can compare the elec useage.
                              Originally posted by _Dude
                              LOL, ride it till the wheels fall off mate.
                              screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!


                              Grow(s)
                              whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
                              my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
                              333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
                              watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284


                              Construction

                              The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

                              Originally posted by treewizard
                              We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X