What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Modine Propane Heater

Anybody using these? I keep seeing Modine boxes on ppl’s properties in my hood. I’m using wood burning barrel stoves rn and they’re pretty dangerous from what I keep hearing.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Modine makes very reliable small heaters. I have a propane heater for my greenhouse, it's way to much.

For a lot less money you can use a dairy barn heater instead. About $25 at TSC stores, I have two of them I use and a brand new propane heater sitting in my garage.
Peace

CrushnYuba

I got one. I got a reznor also. I just don't use them. All overhead shop heaters are the same. They are all like 99% efficient these days. They burn so much fuel though. It takes an INSANE amount of propane to keep a structure with no insulation warm!

T3 greenhouse’s 30x96 engineered gh’s come with two 93 effinity’s. Is that just baller shit or is there a better way? Maybe the thing where there’s two layers of poly and you blow warm air into it to create insulation?

CrushnYuba

Yea. 2 layers of 6 mil clear with a blower makes a huge difference. And having an interior dep is another layer of insulation at night. If you have 3 layers of plastic, it's not completely insane to run propane heat. But it's still expensive. But worth it.

Just one layer of plastic makes it very hard to heat. The heaters just run and the heat disappears.

Pellets are significantly less then propane. They burn really efficiently. The exhausts are cool to the touch. It's not like a wood stove. You will only get like 50k btu from a freestanding stove. So u will need more then one or a big pellet furnace if the greenhouse is big.

I really like the Chinese diesel heaters for small greenhouses. You should check them out.

Latest posts

Latest posts