What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
There's a SS screen on the nute pump feed. It's about 1" round and 8" long. It's never more than 50% clogged at rez cleanings. Last year I used a telescoping watering wand, hand watering. The wand had a pinhole screen that needed cleaning every second or third use. 1/4 & 1/8" holes should work well. I grow for myself and share so organic is important. Running synthetic is allot easier and gives better yields.

If the nutes are still somewhat chunky when they get to the plant, it's all good. That dirty submersible pump should do a good job working on a regular cycle and putting it all into suspension. Putting some banjo fittings with a hose on the pump would make rez cleaning a breeze.

CrushnYuba

There's a SS screen on the nute pump feed. It's about 1" round and 8" long. It's never more than 50% clogged at rez cleanings. Last year I used a telescoping watering wand, hand watering. The wand had a pinhole screen that needed cleaning every second or third use. 1/4 & 1/8" holes should work well. I grow for myself and share so organic is important. Running synthetic is allot easier and gives better yields.

If the nutes are still somewhat chunky when they get to the plant, it's all good. That dirty submersible pump should do a good job working on a regular cycle and putting it all into suspension. Putting some banjo fittings with a hose on the pump would make rez cleaning a breeze.

Do you think the holes in your drip are big enough to let guano through with no filter.

I don't do compost tea ever, but sometimes I'll throw some guano, solution grade langbeinite, solution grade gypsum in a tea brewer, run the giant tea brewer to mix it and keep it from settling, and pump it out through a hose. Try to keep as much of the solids as i can. I don't want to loose the insoluble N from the guano. It's got to be half of the N

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The Epsoma granules are bigger than the guano. I'm sure it will work well. Thinking more about the watering heads, it would just as easy to put male threaded adapters on the NOT hose end with screw on caps for clean outs. PVC parts are cheep. I use rectangular pots so the watering heads can go the length of the pot.

Thinking more about holding down the blackout covers. Ratchet strap ends could get the strap tension perfect for holding the cover in place without restricting the roll movement.

CrushnYuba

The Epsoma granules are bigger than the guano. I'm sure it will work well. Thinking more about the watering heads, it would just as easy to put male threaded adapters on the NOT hose end with screw on caps for clean outs. PVC parts are cheep. I use rectangular pots so the watering heads can go the length of the pot.

Thinking more about holding down the blackout covers. Ratchet strap ends could get the strap tension perfect for holding the cover in place without restricting the roll movement.

Ratchet straps would definitely work well. I have used the cheap straps that don't ratchet. You just pull it tight and it clips.

I'm curious how it goes for you this year. I have been thinking about moving back east. Carona virus changed everything. I think i want to be with family. I think i want to retire and what the hell am i going to do out here without a job. Might as well be around my family.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Here in Massachusetts I think you could do two grows per year with light depp, a pellet stove and a small indoor operation for getting them started. I have not heard of anyone getting hassled for being over their 12 mature (flowering) plant limit. The amount of privacy where you live is a big factor. Last year went well for me and this year will be better with less work and minimal electric usage. The black market is alive and well with dispensary prices over $400.

CrushnYuba

I would just do a small greenhouse for fun and personal. would heat with a little chinese RV diesel furnace. They are like 120$ and put out 17,000 btu. They hardly burn any fuel. Id run It year round with some 315w cmh when needed.
I would just make a small veg house and a little flower house. Just big enough to do a little pheno hunting.
The property is very secluded

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I'll bet it's allot cheeper for everything in the east over NorCal.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Plumbing is coming along. Fresh water and nutes can be directed anywhere - To plants, water to fill rez, rez pumped to waste, etc. with auto timing. Rez tank gets a submersible pump modded with a tee for mixing.

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The controller is a Vera Plus. This is not wifi, It's a mesh network called z-wave plus. The app on the iPad and iPhone is called Homewave.

The controller is a Vera Plus. This is not wifi, It's a mesh network called z-wave plus. The app on the iPad and iPhone is called Homewave.

Thanks mate! Saw this thread and have been researching into the zwave technology which is pretty sweet. Just trying to decide between Vera and SmartThings for the controller/hub..

How are you liking the ZooZ strip? It looks like it has alot of functionality from their website.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Thanks mate! Saw this thread and have been researching into the zwave technology which is pretty sweet. Just trying to decide between Vera and SmartThings for the controller/hub..

How are you liking the ZooZ strip? It looks like it has alot of functionality from their website.

I have several of the Zooz products and they have done well. It's the only one that will give 5 outlets on one strip. I'm thinking you are in the UK and am not sure if they make a 220v version with the UK plug. You can check Alibaba in China for a UK variant. I haven't used Smart Things but I think it requires a constant internet connection and that rules and commands are cloud based. Vera has done well for us and it's easy enough to learn. The z-wave stuff I've shown here is the tip of the iceberg. Cheers

Here's one, I think you can go direct to the manufacturer Nie https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.33a82edbLqWxnX

I have several of the Zooz products and they have done well. It's the only one that will give 5 outlets on one strip. I'm thinking you are in the UK and am not sure if they make a 220v version with the UK plug. You can check Alibaba in China for a UK variant. I haven't used Smart Things but I think it requires a constant internet connection and that rules and commands are cloud based. Vera has done well for us and it's easy enough to learn. The z-wave stuff I've shown here is the tip of the iceberg. Cheers

Here's one, I think you can go direct to the manufacturer Nie https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.33a82edbLqWxnX

Haha I think the "mate" threw you off :tongue: I'm actually in Cali. I come from a technical background just not too familiar with the z-wave technology, products and their limitations just yet. Looking to automate 3 greenhouses and an indoor by the end of the year. You mentioned it was "the tip of the iceberg" would you happen to have any links for resources on the more advanced stuff?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Get yourself a Vera Plus. It has more memory and a faster processor. You can control as much as you want from your iPhone notebook or what ever. I'll help you get going. If you understand boolean logic and write some code that's even better but not necessary. There is a simplified process that allows you to create conditions as complicated as you like.

Get yourself a Vera Plus. It has more memory and a faster processor. You can control as much as you want from your iPhone notebook or what ever. I'll help you get going. If you understand boolean logic and write some code that's even better but not necessary. There is a simplified process that allows you to create conditions as complicated as you like.

I've been writing code for the past 15 years so I think we're good to go there! Looking into the Vera Plus as we speak.

Vera has no subscription fees.

Awesome. I've just been checking out some YouTube videos of the Vera interface and making sure everything I've been looking at is compatible. Looks like we'll probably be going with the Vera Plus with a couple of ZooZ power strips. Love that the power strips double as signal extenders too.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Most all z-wave devices increase the mesh network. Z-wave plus has longer range.

Smartest House is the US source for Zooz. Both the strips and Vera Plus are on sale.

Vera uses 'Scenes' for automation. There are some free after market apps that can be installed to greatly increase the conditional logic capabilities. On Youtube, take a look at 'Vera Reactor' vids. Somewhat boring but very workable.

Most all z-wave devices increase the mesh network. Z-wave plus has longer range.

Smartest House is the US source for Zooz. Both the strips and Vera Plus are on sale.

Vera uses 'Scenes' for automation. There are some free after market apps that can be installed to greatly increase the conditional logic capabilities. On Youtube, take a look at 'Vera Reactor' vids. Somewhat boring but very workable.

I actually just watched a super solid video over Vera reactor which confirmed it does exactly what we needed it to do and the interface seems easy enough.

I really appreciate your help my friend! Maybe I'll update with some pictures when it's all set up.