No announcement yet.

Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just do a small greenhouse for fun and personal. would heat with a little chinese RV diesel furnace. They are like 120$ and put out 17,000 btu. They hardly burn any fuel. Id run It year round with some 315w cmh when needed.
    I would just make a small veg house and a little flower house. Just big enough to do a little pheno hunting.
    The property is very secluded

Comment

I'll bet it's allot cheeper for everything in the east over NorCal.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeez View Post
        I'll bet it's allot cheeper for everything in the east over NorCal.
        Electricity is 4x here. Gas is 2x

Comment

Plumbing is coming along. Fresh water and nutes can be directed anywhere - To plants, water to fill rez, rez pumped to waste, etc. with auto timing. Rez tank gets a submersible pump modded with a tee for mixing.

Comment

Actuator for ridge vent works. Setting up automations beginning.View Image
            Looking into automating majority of our set up as well. Those ZooZ strips look awesome. What are you using as in the interface/program on the iPad to control it all?

Comment

The controller is a Vera Plus. This is not wifi, It's a mesh network called z-wave plus. The app on the iPad and iPhone is called Homewave.

Comment

The controller is a Vera Plus. This is not wifi, It's a mesh network called z-wave plus. The app on the iPad and iPhone is called Homewave.
                Thanks mate! Saw this thread and have been researching into the zwave technology which is pretty sweet. Just trying to decide between Vera and SmartThings for the controller/hub..

How are you liking the ZooZ strip? It looks like it has alot of functionality from their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Isles Of Green View Post
                  Thanks mate! Saw this thread and have been researching into the zwave technology which is pretty sweet. Just trying to decide between Vera and SmartThings for the controller/hub..

How are you liking the ZooZ strip? It looks like it has alot of functionality from their website.
                  I have several of the Zooz products and they have done well. It's the only one that will give 5 outlets on one strip. I'm thinking you are in the UK and am not sure if they make a 220v version with the UK plug. You can check Alibaba in China for a UK variant. I haven't used Smart Things but I think it requires a constant internet connection and that rules and commands are cloud based. Vera has done well for us and it's easy enough to learn. The z-wave stuff I've shown here is the tip of the iceberg. Cheers

Here's one, I think you can go direct to the manufacturer Nie https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...33a82edbLqWxnX

Comment

I have several of the Zooz products and they have done well. It's the only one that will give 5 outlets on one strip. I'm thinking you are in the UK and am not sure if they make a 220v version with the UK plug. You can check Alibaba in China for a UK variant. I haven't used Smart Things but I think it requires a constant internet connection and that rules and commands are cloud based. Vera has done well for us and it's easy enough to learn. The z-wave stuff I've shown here is the tip of the iceberg. Cheers

Here's one, I think you can go direct to the manufacturer Nie https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...33a82edbLqWxnX
                    Haha I think the "mate" threw you off I'm actually in Cali. I come from a technical background just not too familiar with the z-wave technology, products and their limitations just yet. Looking to automate 3 greenhouses and an indoor by the end of the year. You mentioned it was "the tip of the iceberg" would you happen to have any links for resources on the more advanced stuff?

Comment

Get yourself a Vera Plus. It has more memory and a faster processor. You can control as much as you want from your iPhone notebook or what ever. I'll help you get going. If you understand boolean logic and write some code that's even better but not necessary. There is a simplified process that allows you to create conditions as complicated as you like.

Comment

Get yourself a Vera Plus. It has more memory and a faster processor. You can control as much as you want from your iPhone notebook or what ever. I'll help you get going. If you understand boolean logic and write some code that's even better but not necessary. There is a simplified process that allows you to create conditions as complicated as you like.
                        I've been writing code for the past 15 years so I think we're good to go there! Looking into the Vera Plus as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Isles Of Green View Post
                          I've been writing code for the past 15 years so I think we're good to go there! Looking into the Vera Plus as we speak.
                          Vera has no subscription fees.

Comment

Vera has no subscription fees.
                            Awesome. I've just been checking out some YouTube videos of the Vera interface and making sure everything I've been looking at is compatible. Looks like we'll probably be going with the Vera Plus with a couple of ZooZ power strips. Love that the power strips double as signal extenders too.

Comment

Most all z-wave devices increase the mesh network. Z-wave plus has longer range.

Smartest House is the US source for Zooz. Both the strips and Vera Plus are on sale.

Vera uses 'Scenes' for automation. There are some free after market apps that can be installed to greatly increase the conditional logic capabilities. On Youtube, take a look at 'Vera Reactor' vids. Somewhat boring but very workable.

Comment

Most all z-wave devices increase the mesh network. Z-wave plus has longer range.

Smartest House is the US source for Zooz. Both the strips and Vera Plus are on sale.

Vera uses 'Scenes' for automation. There are some free after market apps that can be installed to greatly increase the conditional logic capabilities. On Youtube, take a look at 'Vera Reactor' vids. Somewhat boring but very workable.
                                I actually just watched a super solid video over Vera reactor which confirmed it does exactly what we needed it to do and the interface seems easy enough.

I really appreciate your help my friend! Maybe I'll update with some pictures when it's all set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X