What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse ?’s

My neighbors gh gets up to 120 degrees in the middle of the day an he doesn’t cut his fans on just has one side rolled up it’s pretty hot inside there an still moist air. He’s still in veg and does this through flower aswell. 2 month veg an he averaged 5.5 oz’s a plant in 10 gallon pots using bag soil. He’s now using some pretty light airy soil in raised beds he should yield more this round.

Last round his plants looked like they could have used another cpl weeks to finish. He chopped at 8 weeks with all GG#4. Could this have been slow growth/flowering from hot air?

My buddy told me to just rinse my soil pretty heavy when I’m done an reuse it. Does anybody do this when using liquid nutes?

Anybody use straight coco coir for light dep? I was looking at prices it seems to be pretty pricey compared to getting soil by the yard.

I’m super excited to do some deps next year as I’m gonna be building somewhere between 25-40 ft by 80-100 ft GH. I’m gonna be living on my property next year and have only been visiting there when I have to water an take care of things. Also going to be running all feminised seed for my full term plants which I’m stoked on aswell. Starting with no bugs and just healthier plants is gonna be nice. It’s also windy where I am an my clones get blown around quite a bit so I have to use cages so they don’t blow over. I have some Pineapple Kush fem starts this year that are a lot sturdier than my clones an they’re getting me juiced to do seeds. I keep hearing about the pheno fluctuations an that being why a lot of ppl prefer clones instead. I’ll be going to Emerald Cup this year to swoop some HSC gear. Any recommendations on their stuff? Magic Melon sounds nice and anything with hybrid vigor really. My pineapple kush’s are rather short an stout. I’m looking for something that gets bigger an yields more.

FrostAie

the buds will not get dense with those high temps in a GH. He needs to find a way to get it lower and let them go longer for terpene productioin

I’m general all the buds were smaller and just didn’t look finished really. I google image search light dep an also search youtube an the buds I see there are much bigger an better looking. The outside temp is in the 90’s while his gh is 120.

CrushnYuba

Yea. 120 will make some real larfy low yielding bud. I prefer passive ventilation and not to use exhaust fans also.. But i would never stand for 120f. High sidewalls and possible ridge vents will do.

Coco can be bought very cheap if you buy it in bulk. Cheaper then bulk soil. I can't remember what it is per brick but i pay under 60$ per yard. I prefer a mix to straight coco though. The mix you choose should depend on your style.

You in cali?

Yes I’m close to Redding. I’ve been looking/reading about the auto dep setups an like I dm’d you I get stumped when reading about anything electrical or when you use carpenter/contractor terminology even tho I look up all the words to understand them. I have gained a closer understanding tho. Looking at humboldt light dep’s auto kit it’s $2700 for not all that much. Anyone ever headed of “Easy Dep”? They got an auto kit for $1000 that I believe is the same as humboldt light dep’s except HLD uses 100w motors.

CrushNYuba do you sell the auto controller for the motors? I thought I read you were gonna make some to sell.

I would like to do a coco mix. I feel like my 3rd season soil I’m using for my full term is getting rather hard an prob giving the roots a tougher time than they’d like. I’m in the grass roots shorty soil saver 200 gallon pots that are 14” high an 65” wide. My ground has too many rocks to be able to use rebar or tpost for support so it’s tough for me to hold the plants up, I use cages but they still tip over sometimes. Next year I wanna make some 4x4 boxes that are 2’ tall using osb plywood. My plants 10’ on center spread out. I almost wanna make raises bed rows instead of boxes it’s just gonna take a lil more money for the extra soil.

This year I grew some feminised seeds that I really like the vigor an strength of. They hold themselves up really. I’m hoping to get to the emerald cup early an score humboldt seeds company’s magic melon feminised or any other strains Nate can talk me into getting that will yield an are stable etc. I’m sure he’s gonna tell me all of them lol but I’m hoping for 3-4 per pot next year which would be kick ass. I follow this dude Kali Grown Buds on YouTube who pulls 2-4 out of 65 gallon pots an he’s in socal. I read that growing large plants tom hill thread for a cpl years haha then FINALLY moved out here an got a property thinking I’d get 5+ lb plants easy peasy. It has not been that easy but every year I have 1-2 plants that soar above the rest. I’m learning and reading tons an love your greenhouse thread which I’ve read prob 3-4 times.

CrushnYuba

Soil does sometimes get hard after a few years. The larger particles break down. You just need to add the fluff back in. Coco, fir bark fines, peat.
Even if you can't get t posts in, you can almost always get rebar in. You can stake your cages down with rebar. You don't need a ton of soil to grow big plants. I have had very inconsistent results with seeds. I'm now only doing clones for outdoor. Done right, clones can yield more then seeds with much less variation. You just need to be more in point with transplanting. Clones can be easier to stunt.

I do sell auto depp stuff locally. You could pm me.