Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is it safe to stop pulling tarps in Oregon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is it safe to stop pulling tarps in Oregon?

Hey guys I have a question I'm hoping to get some insight on. I have a couple light dep greenhouses that are a a few weeks from being finished. I'd like to stop pulling tarps before they're completed so I can cut down on moisture related issues, but I'm a little uncertain about when its safe to do so. I have a house that is 2 weeks from being completed, and another that is 3 weeks out. I'm in the middle of the Willamette Valley. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

panick503 im not from Oregon but I use the weather channel app to see when the sunlight goes down to about 12/12. It will tell you the sunset and sunrise times for you location. Hope that helps

Comment

If you match your photoperiod it won't matter. Sunny or cloudy days don't make a difference in photoperiod either. Light protons are light protons, strong or weak. Problems occur when the original nighttime hours fall out of sequence with light deprivation hours. Match your hours and you will be good. 😎

Comment

I decided to stop pulling on one house the day before I made the post. The rest I stopped pulling the day after. Didn't have any issues to speak of

Comment

Originally posted by panick503 View Post
          I decided to stop pulling on one house the day before I made the post. The rest I stopped pulling the day after. Didn't have any issues to speak of
          Nice! What are you growing? The cultivar surely plays a part in this, seeing as some start flowering earlier than others (i.e. when days are still longer).

Comment

Wedding Cake and Duct Tape were the main two strains

Comment

Originally posted by panick503 View Post
              Wedding Cake and Duct Tape were the main two strains
              Ok so Indica-ish hybrids and you stopped the light dep when days were about 14 hours long. Sounds very sensible. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Comment

Working...
              X