What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about De-Humidifiers

St. Phatty

How much water do the big commercial dehumidifiers generate ?

I have a business situation involving a Light Dep greenhouse for Hemp production.

To deal with a neighbor who has a long history of not inspiring generosity, I might need to limit official water consumption from the well. And find a work-around.

That means coming up with some extra water.

I'm wondering how much water I can come up with using a dehuey.

Say if I spent $1000 on a good used dehuey, and gave it 20 kilowatt hours per day, to use.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They all have a ppd(pints per day) or a gpd(gallons per day) rating. This is based on climactic conditions. If you are at high temp and high rh they will pull more moisture than in a 70 degree room with 50% rh they have a separate rating for different scenarios. For 1000$ there are about 100-170ppd commercial options on amazon brand new. Quest dehums are super expensive and heavy and bulky, but they are badass. Youll have to do some shopping, there is no straight answer here.

St. Phatty

I can do a lot with 160 pints per day, I guess that's 20 gallons.

Thanks for taking the time to answer the question !

It's possible that I will give free house electricity to the tenant in an un-zoned residence near the green house, as a way of shutting up the other tenant-who-does-not-inspire-generosity (TWDNiG).

The likely complaint from the TWDNig would be about my water use, if he sticks to his previous pattern.

So just want to make sure I have the facts straight so I can continue being on a good relationship with the county Water Master.

I dont mean to give an unhelpful or negative response...but just something to think about that you may have already. In my experience neighbors, especially ones in close proximity who have histories of generating "problems" it usually doesn't just disappear. Its one thing after another. If you can be as water efficient as possible, who knows what it could be when you are pulling in your harvest...just be careful and good luck