What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another one!

Whats up guys hope everyone is doing awesome and crushing it this year! How are everyones greenhouses doing?? I just filled up a hoop with a decent variety of flavors...usually like to keep 1 strain 1 greenhouse, 2 max. Keeps drying and trimming simple. This run is Cookie Wreck, Blueberry Cookies, Watermelon Zkittlez, Slurricane, Puddles, and Do Si Mints....super stoked to crank these out. The last run of OGs did great, came out beautiful and smoke amazing. Tasty and super strong.

Attachments

• photo2026090.jpg
    photo2026090.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 88
  • photo2026091.jpg
    photo2026091.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 96
  • photo2026092.jpg
    photo2026092.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 94

CrushnYuba

Dude. Good for u. And thank you for sharing. There is no one posting nice cali style greenhouse runs on here. Are u pulling manually? I don't see any blackout stuff. You are nice and perfectly timed to be one of the first to market with depp this year!
are u somewhere warm or are u running heat?
U flip yet?
I'm going to start posting pictures nope that you don't have to use image hosting sites. People's need to see it!

CrushnYuba

O. How is your trellis setup? I see those pieces of wood sticking up, But how does it work?

I usually do one strain per greenhouse also, but i too have to mix this time just because of what i had available with timing. It's tough. Plants fill out space at different speeds and it's hard to know when to flip. But u are looking pretty dang uniform for all them flavors

Dude. Good for u. And thank you for sharing. There is no one posting nice cali style greenhouse runs on here. Are u pulling manually? I don't see any blackout stuff. You are nice and perfectly timed to be one of the first to market with depp this year!
are u somewhere warm or are u running heat?
U flip yet?
I'm going to start posting pictures nope that you don't have to use image hosting sites. People's need to see it!

Yuba! Thanks bro, appreciate you! Of course man, I'm trying to stir the pot a little and get the greenhouse threads poppin, again i say, where is everyone? lol. Echo echo! Not pulling manually no, I redid all my poly recently. Everything is already in place, just need to throw the blackout poly over and hook up to my motors, hopefully will have that done by tomorrow if weather permits...planning on flipping this week....one row is just about taller than me already. Timing was intentional even though i dont work on a schedule. My neck of the mountain is pretty dried up of all the nicer stuff and I have orders...Using hot as i feel necessary, its still in the 30s at night temps, only use heat about half the week right now. Plants are beautiful and loving it though, cant tell even tell the night temps are pretty cold.

Lets see some pics yuba!!! Post em up!

Trellis is simple. Trellis over the canopy as usual, then fold it down so it makes like a right angle, and provides horizontal support along the sides....I do this multiple times as they grow. The wood is just something to keep the trellis in place and secure everything.

Yup, 1 strain 1 hoop is how ive been rocking for a while. People are getting more and more picky though, they smoke 1 flavor 1 time and think theyve been there done that, absolutely cant take it again...LOL people are entitled and picky, everyone has instagram so everyone wants the "new"...custys playing themselves is getting out of control...they have no idea that the light green killer OG is in reality better than the purple punch with a little bit of purp....in my opinion, i guess, i bet most smokers would agree with me though.

Thank you brotha, i try to keep it uniform, theres just 1 row thats a little behind, but so many flavors, and many i havnt ran before, so fuck it! Cant lose with this variety so lets go! Ill keep you guys updated as well.

Whoever is reading this, hope you have a kick ass day and crush your goals!

Update pics!

Attachments

• IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
that looks killer! when do you run the ceiling fans? fans on the end walls too?

Appreciate it! I run the ceiling fans during the day, and at night on a lower setting...yup two exhaust fans on end wall, and waterwall about 22 ft long on the other end....i have a ton of air moving in this house.

Radicle Rye

Appreciate it! I run the ceiling fans during the day, and at night on a lower setting...yup two exhaust fans on end wall, and waterwall about 22 ft long on the other end....i have a ton of air moving in this house.

I'm loving the hoop house setup. It would be cool to see pics of the end wall construction if you get a chance, thanks. Looking forward to watching this grow. Good Luck!

I'm loving the hoop house setup. It would be cool to see pics of the end wall construction if you get a chance, thanks. Looking forward to watching this grow. Good Luck!

Ill take some pics of the endwalls tomorrow for ya, as well as some updated pictures. Ladies are exactly week 4 of flower today and starting to smell insane. Smells like blueberry pie outside the greenhouse lol

As promised. Heres some update pictures of the ladies, and the end walls. lol

Hope everyone reading this had a great day as well, wishing everyone the best this season!

Attachments

• IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2323 (1).jpg
    IMG_2323 (1).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 106

Radicle Rye

Hell yeah! Thanks for the update. As I look through the pictures I have one more question. Do you have roll up sides installed? It looks like maybe you do in the first pictures you posted, but I haven't seen the sides up in any other pictures. Probably, just because of weather....it being April. Anyways, everything is looking great catch you later.

Of course, thanks for checking in. I have roll up sides but theyre not hooked up right now. I sealed them up nicely for the winter runs but after this one ill be re attaching the roll ups for the spring/summer. Im not the biggest fan of the roll up sides though, they have their benenits for sure. I like to have a good seal to make the waterwall/fans work together efficiently, rather then letting that hot summer air come in through the sides, and overall heat it up more than they would be down. Im located basically in the desert but up in the mountains, we have a pretty dope microclimate here. In the summer it gets hot as fuck. Waterwalls are a must. Any leaks in the greenhouse will suck hot air in and you wont get as strong of a pull of the cold air from the waterwall through the whole greenhouse. Also have multiple HAF fans to keep the air flow consistent and strong through the whole house.

Radicle Rye

Cool, thanks for the run down. Sounds like you have a great climate to grow in especially given your hoop set-up. I wish I had that kind of weather. Cold spring, hot and humid summer, and cool rainy fall over here. My caterpillar hoop and dehumidifier are my only friends during the season. Thanks for taking the time to explain your set-up. Happy growing.

Definitely. I'm excited to get a discourse going for the greenhouse/light dep growers here to discuss set ups, what works, what doesnt etc. I'm also totally happy to help and answer anything I can as well. Sounds like you could be at the opposite end of the state from me with that climate. Yup, super thankful to have the climate we do here. I specifically wanted to set up in this area for the potential and ease of growing year round. Its very easy here compared to rest of the US. Can grow outdoors year round if you have infrastructure for veg too. If you can veg to 4 ft tall, you can toss them outside all winter and theyll finish pretty nicely.

CrushnYuba

When it gets hot.. Whatever walls are such a savior. I have seen them work great or mediocre. It works best in shortish greenhouses. By the end of the long greenhouse, it's just hot and moist. Using bigger exhaust fans push it through faster, but if air flows through the wet wall to fast, it doesn't absorb enough water to get that real temp drop. And shade cloth mid summer if you are trying to get indoor quality. It's not just the heat reduction from shade cloth. It's the lower level of light. Mid summer cali sun is just too intense for delicate flowers, even if temperature is not super hot.

Mid/high pressure sprayers have shown a ton of promise with passive exhaus vents (roll up sides and ridge vents). You still need your internal air movement fans.

But ur looking good!

Sup Yuba!! They dont work well if its super humid out they can be almost counter productive. Super important to have a ton of horizontal air movement or else yea...can have an uneven environment for sure. I'll have to try some shadecloth. Have you ever tried rolling the blackout down like halfway from the bottom? So light still gets in just not as intense? I have really nice supplemental lighting so I wonder if that would achieve a similar outcome?

gsxr97

Veteran
Badass greenhouse! Ill be keeping it watch for updates. I love seeing professional setup and people willing to share their experiences and advice. Thanks!

Im wondering same question on partially rolling down blackout tarps in afternoon when real hot in place of shade cloth. I could swing that possibly somedays.

Im in norcal , very hot valley floor.

Yuba, Any tips on a sprayer setup for a small gh ? Something cheap possibly. Was researching really small micron , 5-10 micron foggers , but cant find any info for cannabis. 24' x30 auto light dep, off grid solar/lithium battery. 12ft at peak . I have high roll up sides, about 6 ft. A 24"exhaust fan/light trap and 24" intake fan/light trap . Adding more air movement fans just broke at moment.

I appreciate it

When it gets hot.. Whatever walls are such a savior. I have seen them work great or mediocre. It works best in shortish greenhouses. By the end of the long greenhouse, it's just hot and moist. Using bigger exhaust fans push it through faster, but if air flows through the wet wall to fast, it doesn't absorb enough water to get that real temp drop. And shade cloth mid summer if you are trying to get indoor quality. It's not just the heat reduction from shade cloth. It's the lower level of light. Mid summer cali sun is just too intense for delicate flowers, even if temperature is not super hot.

Mid/high pressure sprayers have shown a ton of promise with passive exhaus vents (roll up sides and ridge vents). You still need your internal air movement fans.

But ur looking good!

Thanks man appreciate that. Yeah me too! I noticed theres a bit of a void here for larger scale greenhouse/light dep on this forum. Seems like theres a lot of cool hobby greenhouses though, which is awesome, nothing wrong with that. I'd also like to see a thread where we can come together and share things that work and dont. Maybe this thread could be a host for those conversations! Ive been experimenting with rolling the blackouts down to help regulate higher temps. It's not super hot here yet so ill keep you updated.