What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Here we go...Purple Kush SCRog

707Corridor

Hey Everyone...I said before that I was going to do this and so now here it is....Specs below.

Plants: 6 Purple Kush (1 gallon pots) , 3 weeks Veg, Topped.
Medium: Ebb and Flow (2ftx3ft), Coco with about 30 40 percent B'Cuzz Coco (Flushed very well before use)
Screen: 3'x3' using a 1 1kw blub with SS 2 hood air cooled
Nutes: Canna Coco A+B, Rhizo, Cannazym, B'cuzz Growth and Flower, Cal-Mag, HCO PMaxx Snowstorm, HCO Flower Hardener, Protekt

I'll be running some OG Kush (actual cut from LA, not sure which cut yet All i know is that its the real deal og kush) and some more PK. Maybe around 10 or so, 5 of each in soil 3 gallon pots next to the scrog or around, I'm not sure how'll ill set it up just yet. Only difference is that Ill be using Fox Farm Veg and Flower Nutes.

I'll be posting some pics up in the next few days (tomorrow the earliest) so dont think I'll be leaving you empty handed, my plan is to have them up after my screen the has been built , and re-clean/sanitize the room.

S

suckerrepellent

grabbin a seat and watching, can't wait for the purple kush pics.

707Corridor

Hey there SuckerR, Congrats on grabing the first seat, I can't wait to get this thing up and running. I just got a purple Kush mother thats where those clones are from and I'm getting ahold of a OG Kush Mother and some clones very very very soon.

Last edited:

707Corridor

Update: I cant seem to find my camera anywhere around, so ill hopefully find it and get some pics up of the clones by tomorrow, if not tonight.

Greenbdman: Unfortunately I didn't yield that much so it got dispersed amongst my group of pals...and its all gone now !!

this time around im gonna go all the way with finished pics and smoke reports.

Glad to see people dropping by!

707Corridor

Hey Everyone, I know many of you havent stopped by becuase I havent updated yet, but I got the day off tomorrow and I'll be spending the day cleaning/sanitizing/bombing (Dont want to deal with Mites again) my area and getting things set up...Pics Def tomorrow sometime...

Edit on the Specs...I'll be using a 4'x4' screen with 6 Purple Kush plants in Coco/perlite mixture. The Soil Plants will probably be a while until we put them into veg...maybe 3 weeks or so....those will most lilkey be Pk's too.

707Corridor

So here's the long awaited update...

Just moved the 6 Purple Kushes into 1.5 gallon pots with coco/perlite mix. Moved them in to the ebb/flow table that I will be using just as a run off container. This will be a hand watering gig all the way....Also started them off with the 600watt for a couple of days, then movnig up to the 1000watt.

Should be moving into 12/12 in about a week at the most.

G

guest5703

hell yes bro, coco all the way! Great nootes too, can't wait to see you use the FF compared to the other list you had there. Love the scrog method man, lets see it used right I'm sure you know how! PEACE DUDE!

707Corridor

Sorry about the lagging updates...just finished up some mite prevention work and ready for the real show to start.

Here we go...What I've been waiting for...These kids got popped into flowering today...heres some pics before lights and the start of 12/12....

The Screen again....

Cleaned up underneath the screen....will clean up again after kids have stopped their stretch and flowers have set.

I will be zip tying the branches also so that the plants stay where they need to be...also after of about a couploe of days I will be switching to the 1K watt light.

Last edited:

707Corridor

Where is everybody....

Here's some notes of what is going on right now....
Just popped them into 12/12 last night. Heres what they are getting fed right now any changes I'll update yall...

Canna A/B 10ml/Gal

Rhizo 3ml/Gal...for the first two weeks only

Cannazym 10ml/Gal

Calmag 5ml/Gal

B'cuzz Bloom stimulator 2.5ml/Gal

Purple Maxx Snow Storm 3/4tsp/Gal....Only once a week by itself...(Also Do foliar Spray every other day or so after flowers start to show and stop after they have set)

Maybe its alittle early but...
got some clones (65 of them) from all the pruning done in the past week...Should bve ready to go in about a week or so (Used Olivia's cloning gel)...ill post pics up tomorrow. :joint:

Last edited:
G

guest5703

DUDE, DAMN! hahaha 65 clones, shiiit yea, what are those gonna do???? haha

Purple Maxx Snow Storm
What's this stuff? Make your purple kush turn more purple? haha. I have bookmarked you so I'll be around til the end man. Can't wait to see this, looks like you know what your doing for sure.

I can't wait to see a purple kush scrog, but aren't PK's like mainly indica so not much stretching right? I've always thought scrogs were for very strechy plants.....Well great start man seriously your gonna have gold but I'm sure you already knew that. :) PEACE

EDIT-just read through everything again, nice went from 600 to 1000 that'll be fun! Gosh, huge nugs or what??? That's why the scrog I suppose right, to hold all that weight? haha. On my last run I used 50%coco 50%FF ocean forest soil. And I ran FF flower nootes with some extra botanicare nootes. Came out DANK. I've seen canna nootes run, and the person that used them said I couldn't use FF on coco....He was pretty ignorant though...PEACE BRO

Last edited:
Nice grow! Boy is that going to be delicious. Anyway, it looks great, but I am wondering why you choose 1 gallon pots? It looks like you have the room to run the plants in bigger pots. Generally don't bigger root structures lead to bigger yields even in the same 3x3 space? This may be very strain sensitive. I grew recently 2 pk plants, one in one gallon and another in a 2 gallon. The two gallon plant had slightly bigger nugs on the main cola and much large nugs on the side branches. I am a noob so I am just trying to figure out your rational so I can apply it to my next grow. I got a total of 1.7 oz off of the 2 plants with only about 10 days of veg.

I also used purple maxx. I don't think it made a difference in color (time and temperature seemed to have a greater impact). It did seem to help create some really FROSTY buds though. Are you thinking of using gravity as well?

By the way, my bud is drying and after trimming you can't really tell it was ever purple. I probably could have let it go a little longer than 9 weeks.

I am really looking forward to the rest of your grow! Way to go!

Last edited:

707Corridor

So they've been flowering for 7 days now. Seems that strech is done and the flowers are coming. Hung up my 1000watt Here's my feeding schedule for the next week:

Canna A+B 11ml/ Gal

Cannazym 10ml/ Gal

B'cuzz Flowering additive 3/4tsp/ Gal

Bontanicare Cal+Mag 5ml/ Gal

Purple Maxx Snow Storm 2.5ml/Gal (Once a week w/ 10ml of A+B)

Cali-I thought it was 65 clones but I counted again and must have been stoned because there are 90. Still waiting for them to take root...I'll probably keep the best two and turn them into new mothers...the rest will go to a local dispensary after some maintanence and prevention work for mites.

Purple MAxx snow storm ....It's a flowering additive that is 100 percent organic and is supposed to increase resin production (hence snow storm). I guess in some trials some testers (about 25%) said it made thier plants turn purple...i dont know about that. But increased resin production...YES! go an try it, its worth in IMHO. :rasta:

MedHerb - I'm using 1.5 gallon pots...I wanted to use something bigger than last time i used...and this seemed like the perfect size that i wanted. I originally was going to Ebb and Flow...then I was like its only 6 plants and I have an easier time dialing it in with hand watering everyday. Thats the reason for those pots...and yes i do believe bigger roots lead to bigger yield...just look at those lucky outdoor guys haha! Basically, You should go with pots that you feel comfortable with, Small pots= more watering
Big pots = less watering. Space should also be your consideration with pot size. Just make sure the plant has 1sq ft for its self, more if its a sativa. And never treat Coco like soil! Let me know if that cleared things up.

I'm using snow storm cuz I've used it before and it does work for increased resin production. I do use the Gravity so I'll mkae a huge deal when I water with it towards the end.

Pics in a minute....lights are still on.