What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ideal pot size for Coco for 9 plants in a 4 x 4 tent?

greenops

Hey fellow growers

I've used 1 gal pots before. I had to keep the veg time short as I had 15 - 19 plants in a 4x4 tent. Multi-feeding 5 times per day, I had no issues at all.

For my next grow, I chose 9 plants to scrog in a 4x4 under 600w HPS. I was initially planning to use 2 gal pots, but I'm wondering if I should go even bigger for more yield?

I understand that veg time plays a role in this decision. I got clones that have rooted and planted 4 weeks ago. However those cuts were in early flower, so it took them maybe 2 weeks just to reveg. And due to timing issues, I'm planning to flip in 2.5 weeks. So that's 6.5 weeks of veg minus the 2 two weeks of reveg.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
2 seems a bit big to me. I would use the 1g's you have. I would be looking at 2g's if I had 4 or 5 plants.

In that space you could go as low as 3g's in total, not each. I have been doing it a while, though it's extreme and I have just stepped up almost 50%. So when I say a gallon each, that is double what I just moved up to. 2 gallon pots hold 4 or 5 days worth of water.

mikeross

2 Gallon is the max I would go. Currently do 9 per light in 2 gallons but they are really slightly less than 1.5 gallons. I feed multiple times a day.

I veg pretty much everything for 2 weeks in solo cups, then 4 weeks in 2 gallons.

eyesdownchronic

I would say either is fine if youre multi feeding daily.

I'll be running 8 plants in 2 gal in a 4x4 under 480w LED with drip an upcoming run so if you do 1 gal... and we each report back?

break.

frogglet

I run 10 plants in 7 litre pots 3 weeks veg and topped. I also squeeze 2 600w HP's In there. Works well for me so far. Other I run 5 15 litre auto pots.

Attachments

• IMG_20221219_172134.jpg
    IMG_20221219_172134.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20221219_172343.jpg
    IMG_20221219_172343.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 85

-OSAKA CASIO-

looking good frogglet, but I think that you can fill your 4 x 4 with 1 gallon buckets and get the same results. no disrespect. very nice grow you got there.

frogglet

looking good frogglet, but I think that you can fill your 4 x 4 with 1 gallon buckets and get the same results. no disrespect. very nice grow you got there.
Thank you, a gallon? 5 litre pots? I start of with around 16 m/f seeds this I class as my pheno finder tent so your right the more I can search through the better. In my other 2 tents I run fems/clones in auto pots

Latest posts

Latest posts