What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

jidoka

Damn I followed that person! Ill follow you on that name in a bit. I learned alot from your thread man. Thank you! I got a uestion, might as well ask to ignite the thread back up, If I feed say 800ppm and I test the runoff and its say 1200, does that mean theres a buildup going in the coco? If I feed say 800 but the runoff is 400, does that mean the plants want more so I add 400ppm? Ive asked canna and they told me runoff ec is not an accurate way to gauge the levels of salt in the coco because coco releases potassium ion etc. Thanks for your time!

How many times a day are you feeding? The more often you feed the higher your ec can run without building salt. I use a 2.4 ec under t5s fed enough times that ec does not build up

Spent the last few days thoroughly reading this thread, totally prepared for DJM to have disappeared by the end.

Good to see you're still crushing it DJ. The new facility looks amazing. Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing all your knowledge with us!

V

ValleyHill

Spent the last few days thoroughly reading this thread, totally prepared for DJM to have disappeared by the end.

Good to see you're still crushing it DJ. The new facility looks amazing. Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing all your knowledge with us!
Can only second this. Thanks for sharing
Vh

dj digigrow

wow.

wow.

read it all in 2 days. I was hooked. great info. Thank you DJ! :tiphat:
I cant wait to implement what i have learned.
I am now following on IG as well. cannot wait for the book. You're an inspiration for sure!

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Currently experiencing some difficulty with transplanting from rooted solo cup into 1.5 gals of straight coco.

Fed about 600 ml of nutrients to each pot at transplant, focusing on the center of the pot and the root ball.

Now since I dont want to totally saturate the container, I watered with a very small amount of 200 ppm cal mag water. Just to keep the roots moist.

Being in this position has me thinking how it would be much better if I were able to just flood the pot each time I watered. Even if I needed to flood it multiple times a day, I think that would be better for me than having to basically play "chicken" with drying the root zone.

I know its possible to grow in straight perlite, but would prolly have to flood a few times a day. So how about if I mixed the coco and perlite 50/50 and used a blumat type system to always keep the moisture at a consistent level?

Does anyone have and coco/perlite mix experience with different ratios they can report?

W

wassupmane

more you mix perlite smaller the moisture content will be ..
with pure coco you want a big plant in a small container ... the aim is to multifeed

the perlite add will allow you to come faster to multifeeding ..

my friend when you repot be sure to soak all the coco in the new container .. and to rinse it a pair of times ..
and after that you must let it get lighter .. so roots grow in the media

if you keep it too wet too early, your rooting in the coco will be stunted

Biologist

can anyone confirm if this is ok to do with agsil16/jacks/calnit/fulvic powder/ph down?

would love to drop down to one doser if possible if there is no issue and that math is correct

5 years later, still the greatest thread on here

:tiphat:

Waxy, my experience with making stocks with Jacks is that it requires two injectors. Whenever I tried one it always made a gypsum soup precipitate out. Emails to Jacks confirmed there isn’t a way around it as far as I know.

Separate question for anyone, don’t know if DJM posts anymore, just found this thread and wonder where it has been all my life.

DJM said-
environmentally

ALL veg - 85 f / 75% rh (day) ; 80f/ 70% (night) ; 800 ppms co2

week 1 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 2 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 3 - 85f/ 75% rh (day) ; 80 f/ 70% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 4 - 82f/ 72% rh (day) ; 78f/ 68% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 5 - 80f/ 70%rh (day) ; 75f / 65% (night) ; 1000 ppms c02

week 6 - 80f /70%rh (day) ; 75f / 65% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 7 - 78f/68% rh (day) ; 72 f/ 62% (night) ; 1000 ppms co2

week 8 - 75f/ 65%rh (day) ; 70f/ 60% (night) ; 0 ppms co2

week 9 - 70f /60% rh (day) ; 60f/ 50% (night) ; 0 ppm c02

By 0 ppm CO2 are we talking about trying to go sub atmospheric levels (<400 ppm) or should we leave the burner on around 400? I remember Jackmayoffer saying do 600 the last two weeks and that it is critical to lower it, so I have been experimenting with that. I tried turning the CO2 off completely but the room gets into the 200s for CO2. Just wondering what is best. Definitely a much better ripen happening this run vs. my last run with CO2 running full blast to the end.

EDIT: Got the answer privately from DJM at another place and thought I'd share. If he does intake he does 0 ppm added (since he is using fresh ambient from outside) and if sealed does 300-400 ppm CO2. I realized my question was kind of dumb when I asked it and realized his 0 ppm CO2 listed above was because it was when he ran intake and exhaust and getting constant supply of ~400 ppm CO2 air from outside.

Last edited:
you need to put the book out DJM i can say honestly what you shared i applied it to my own grows and nothing but props to you my friend my coco trees inside 7 gallon smart pots my hurricane room thats high humidity with the bodybuilder feeding regimen 4-6 times per day

PRODUCED.

Art Vandelay

yield and quality are not mutually exclusive..some commercial flowers, all from my own selections from seed

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Geez I’d hate to have those flowerz! So inspiring rereading for the 4 th 5th time never make it to the end though. Great stuff thanks for opening and letting us see and use tools in your toolbox!

Art Vandelay

thanks for popping in prop. good to see ya around. been following youre outdoor season, very impressive..nice to see you gave it a try..once you dial in vpd, co2 and multifeeds in coco, its a game changer

jack is a good friend, he is one of the few growers that I always see eye to eye with, and one of the few that still inspire me..depending on the strain ill drop temps and rh 1, 2, or 3 weeks pre harvest..the more sativa blood, the later I drop it, more indica blood the sooner...this run I dropped it for the last 2 weeks..still experimenting with different times and levels..constantly tweaking my grows, cutting what doesn't work and implementing what does..always striving for perfection

jack flash, day 49

picture.php

picture.php

Stand up and be counted!

hopla

you need to put the book out DJM i can say honestly what you shared i applied it to my own grows and nothing but props to you my friend my coco trees inside 7 gallon smart pots my hurricane room thats high humidity with the bodybuilder feeding regimen 4-6 times per day

PRODUCED.

Let me be the noob that asks for DJM's book in 2021!
I've read a few times that thread, i've screenshot and saved all DJM's answers in a file with title to go straight to the issue/question i may encounter while growing (very modest growing).
But a book i could reach for would be a complete different tool, i already have a spot in my library between Jorge Cervantes' and Ed Rosenthal's books, please make it happen!

dusto2k3

Let me be the noob that asks for DJM's book in 2021!
I've read a few times that thread, i've screenshot and saved all DJM's answers in a file with title to go straight to the issue/question i may encounter while growing (very modest growing).
But a book i could reach for would be a complete different tool, i already have a spot in my library between Jorge Cervantes' and Ed Rosenthal's books, please make it happen!

Can you share that file?

JG2403

Just found this thread while scouring the internet for info as I’m running my first coco grow. What an amazing resource. I assume DJM is off to greener pastures (hopefully still growing those big beauties somewhere), but perhaps someone else could answer a question that I have.

I recognize that most of the advice in this thread is specific to growing in sealed rooms, but I’m curious as to whether I can safely incorporate some of these principles into my tent grow. For instance, will I be able to use an active intake and passive exhaust? I’m finding that I can keep my temps at 85 and rH at 75 without much trouble. My intake fan comes on when my temps exceed 85F, which happens pretty frequently. And I have an exhaust fan on a controller that triggers at 89F, but it hasn’t gotten that warm for the last couple of days, so really no exhaust at all. Since I’m not in a sealed enviro, I’m assuming that as the active intake cranks up, it forces air out of all sorts of places — some of which hopefully runs through my carbon filter and out my exhaust ductwork, but much of which probably squeezes out of zippers, etc. Any reason why I should turn on my exhaust periodically? Or can I just keep the temps/humidity high throughout my grow just like DJM suggests? I have some exhale bags in my tent, so I’m trying to get some benefit from those without exhausting out too much. Thoughts?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just found this thread while scouring the internet for info as I’m running my first coco grow. What an amazing resource. I assume DJM is off to greener pastures (hopefully still growing those big beauties somewhere), but perhaps someone else could answer a question that I have.

I recognize that most of the advice in this thread is specific to growing in sealed rooms, but I’m curious as to whether I can safely incorporate some of these principles into my tent grow. For instance, will I be able to use an active intake and passive exhaust? I’m finding that I can keep my temps at 85 and rH at 75 without much trouble. My intake fan comes on when my temps exceed 85F, which happens pretty frequently. And I have an exhaust fan on a controller that triggers at 89F, but it hasn’t gotten that warm for the last couple of days, so really no exhaust at all. Since I’m not in a sealed enviro, I’m assuming that as the active intake cranks up, it forces air out of all sorts of places — some of which hopefully runs through my carbon filter and out my exhaust ductwork, but much of which probably squeezes out of zippers, etc. Any reason why I should turn on my exhaust periodically? Or can I just keep the temps/humidity high throughout my grow just like DJM suggests? I have some exhale bags in my tent, so I’m trying to get some benefit from those without exhausting out too much. Thoughts?
75%rh in late flower is kinda asking for pm and or botrytis.

Latest posts

Latest posts