What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGO Goes SOG, Coco Multi-Feeding Madness

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey guys, it's been a while since I put up a grow thread but I have decided to start up a diary here in the coco forum since I'm a coco nut and love this forum lol.

For the past 5 years I've grown vertical donuts exclusively but now I want a change to see if I can up my yield a little. I will be using 600w lamps and growing a total of 7 trays, 2 trays in an 8x4' tent that will be growing Star Dawg - Nag Champa cut which is some potent shit lol, it's always the first jar I grab and I usually have 5 or 6 quality strains jarred up. There will be 25 plants on each tray in the tent. The other 5 trays are in "the big room", this room will be all Cheese - Exodus Brightside Cut but there will only be 20 plants on each tray in this room, not by choice....I had a shit load of clones pass away in the aero-cloner but ya gotta work with what ya got.

Here's a few pics so you can see where I'm at.

Star Dawg Tent
Day 1 Veg

picture.php

Cheese Room
Day 1 Veg

picture.php

Left Side
picture.php

Right Side
picture.php

Extraction & Vertizontal Hoods
picture.php

It's still a work in progress, I have to install the drippers, hook up the waste system, which will be pumped into a bathroom toilet. I hand watered everything tonight with a 0.9EC solution of Plant Magic A&B with Roots Excelurator.

I will also be growing the Cheese with an alternative photoperiod compared to the usual 12/12. I will be flowering them on a 13/11 on/off photoperiod, it's a sure fire way to greatly increase your yield with Cheese, the plants grow bigger with spear buds all the way down but they need flowered for an extra week...it's a no brainer.

I'm only giving these girls a short veg, when they hit 6 inches they are getting flipped. I will also be supercropping them right up till 14 days flower, pinching them into some decent shape, unlike most SOG grows I'll not be aiming for single cola lolliepop'd plants, I want 4+ even heads to work with as this has proven to be scale buster come weigh in. I'm hoping for somewhere in the range of 25-30oz per tray/600w and hopefully closer to the latter lol.

Anyhow if you guys have any questions fire away.

Peace,
HGO

F

Fields~of~Green

I'm subbed mate good luck intrested in seeing the 13/11 cheese sonic swears it does em a load of good

Ps those bulbs may look odd to you like that so if you tilt your head a bit they will look normal haha

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Haha oh you don't know the half of it FOG lol, we changed the filters yesterday and WTF was mangled in one of the extraction fans, a damn bird! I have a photo I must upload tomorrow, poor thing got messed up real bad. He must have climbed down the extraction pipe and right into the blades of the fan...ouch, not sure how he managed to get down with all the air resistance but he's a bird so I suppose he used his wings lol. Needless to say he was dead for quite a while, it was a bit of a freaky moment seeing a bird stuck in the extraction fan.

I'm convinced with the Cheese photoperiod, I did a test run on the last grow in the tent and the plants were amazing, they grew completely different to the usual cheese, way less bushy and big spears of buds....great to tweak.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice to see some SOG action going on, haven't done one myself in a while but love the speed... I really hate vegging lol.

Everything is looking really healthy mate, I like your thinking on the 4+ heads.... like to see how that plays out.

So the bird found it's way inside? Or are you venting straight out? If it's found it's way into an attic then hope you've found out how it entered and got that sorted so there's no more pigeon guts up the ducting :D

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi mate, long time no see! Hope all is good and well on your end and you're still growing some dank, you still run Cheesey's QOD?

My ventilation goes up into the attic where then then goes out an open extraction pipe to the outside, it was used for a bathroom before I starting venting the grow air out of it, it had a guard on it but I had to rip it off because the air going through the little square holes on the guard was causing a shit load of noise and was becoming a security issue.

Here's what we were greeted to when we pulled off the extraction pipe......

picture.php

Peace,
HGO

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Poor sod! Some screen/ nylon tights over the exhuast duct might stop any further breaches lol.

Not got cheeseys QoD anymore unfortunately lost all my cuts moving about, just couldn't keep them at a couple places. Just started some beans though, hope to find a gem or two amongst them.

DunHav`nFun

It`s been proven time and time again that each and EVERY plant grows differently under horizontally reflected light compared to bare bulbs hangin amongst the plants , and as always regardless of horizontal or vertically oriented lights , canopy development and thickness means everything for bottom line returns by end of cycle....If it`s 4 heads instead of 1 top cola per plant needed for the gpw`s then so be it...

Deleted account for the last time due to the know-it-all kiddie growru`s round here , and only here for the most part for PM priveleges with old friends and no other way of contact , but wanted ta stop by and show respect since you`ve not been around much lately....

Good luck my buddy.....Hope yas kill it with yer SOG`n self....Reminds me of Heath`s old setups with adjusta-wings hangin everywhere above tables and tables and tables...

Peace....Freds....:ying:....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where did you get those manifolds ?????

lookin great brutha :tiphat: from vert to horizontal SOG .... should be interesting !!! i'll be over here in the corner checkin it out :smoke out:

Grass Lands

Veteran
nice hoods bro...I rock those as well...and a few 48" parabolic's too...I find the parabolic's work well with short squat indica plants and the vertizontal works nicely with the Sativas to penetrate the canopy.