What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO and BLUMATS FTW!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellent. i noticed how incredibly frosty my plants were on straight maxibloom KISS and i think this will be in that same league but with better results. hey rives what strength are you running for your moms?

oh and your avatar reminds me of my incredibly ugly boxer. she's quite hideous but makes up for it in personality lol

DH, I'm not running my moms on the V+B yet - they are still on Osmocote Plus. I've been debating on how to switch over and haven't had any inspiration yet. They've all been started at different times, so trying to pick them up as the Osmo runs out won't work. The Osmo actually works quite well for them other than having to supplement with CalMag pretty heavily.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
one of my lumateks isnt firing up most of the time. i will come in and one will be on and the other off. both plugged into the same timer. sometimes if i unplug and back in it will come on and sometimes not. any input rives? i know you are quite the accomplished electrical tinkerer. i sent lumatek an email on the issue. hopefully they stand behing their warranties. its been about a year and a half and with only 2 or 3 runs on it.

on a lighter note i have 2 4' t5's on the way as well as some ONA liquid and some other random stuff. running 2 filters in the room but when the ac kicks on it forces uncleaned air into the house lol

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't help you with the Lumatek issue, I've never used one. Something that you might try - if the timer is one of the "dual outlet" type, try swapping the plugs if you haven't already. If the problem transfers, it's not the ballast. What wattage are the lights and what timer are you using?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i unplugged all other things that were plugged into the same power strip and it came on last night. i dont think that could or would be the issue but who knows. ive tried switching plugs and what not. same result. i will give it a few days and see what happens.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i think maybe it just had too much shit running off one outlet or maybe its just a coincidence that when i unplugged all the fans and green light and pumps to another outlet all is well....

anyways, this tsi fly and sweet tooth are DONE and looking beautiful. some great yielders for sure. here is the tsi fly in all her glory. mosca is doin work :) i will be done flushing these two in a matter of days. i will begin flushing 2 of the 4 criticals tonight. they are nearing home plate as well. gonna give them a solid week of flushing. the quick finish of the tsi fly and sweet tooth really snuck up on me so they will only get the reccomended 3day flush. normally i do about a week to two

Attachments

• P9030632.JPG
    P9030632.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 31
  • P9030635.JPG
    P9030635.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 22

Desert Hydro

Veteran
herijuana is amazing. i love it and i will keep it around as long as i can. the smell is a bit funky kinda like peanuts.....idk, but its a beast. i have 5 more seeds thay will stay in the fridge for a long time until i need them again.

the sweet tooth will be coming down shortly. next couple days or so. smell is kinda like musty citrus rind. the two criticals will follow shortly after and then the longer 10 weekers shortly after. should be a nice run but i doubt i will be near the GPW goal. breaking a GPW from seed would be damn near impossible with most strains i think. next go around i will know how to maximize each individual to their full potential.. its gonna be lots of scroggin and LST'n for sure.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi Desert Hydro, kudos for those girls!!!

I ran once a hand water coco setup and something like the blumats was the onlu thing I missed! would be great to have! shame I can't grow now :( I only have a prospect space to grow but is small (space underneath the stairs) and has no direct ventilation, only through a door that should be always closed to prevent people from noticing :(

Did your problem with the lumatek go away? Did you try swapping lightbulbs??

Vegan

my experience with lumatek was thish

i called them and ended up shipping them a ballast 18 buks to them via ups
then they checked it said it was bad
they charged my CC for shipping back UPS
they sent me the brand new model with super lumens.
took about 3 weeks - month

same issue BTW

S

sweetestsin420

hey guys,whats up,

iv been trying to figure these things out,i THINK i have it,but i doubt it,im looking to buy some,can anybody post a link,so that i can water 15-20 plants?im soo tired ot handwatering
and also,in coco,is 1gallon pot too big,small..or is is it just right?,should i maybe go with 2gallon pots?,i dont really like having soo much coco to clean and process,so the 1gallon is much easier for me to handle,but ill think about the 2gallon if the yield will go up?..

and last question,at sustainable village.com..they have something called the "deck and planter kit"..is THIS the "patiokit"?..how much pots does the deck and patio handle?,the only other one i found was 50 drippers,and thats 300$..theres no way ima spend that kinda money,and prolly end up collecting dust,cus i cannot build anything to save my life lol.thank youu

RetroGrow

Veteran
hey guys,whats up,

iv been trying to figure these things out,i THINK i have it,but i doubt it,im looking to buy some,can anybody post a link,so that i can water 15-20 plants?im soo tired ot handwatering
and also,in coco,is 1gallon pot too big,small..or is is it just right?,should i maybe go with 2gallon pots?,i dont really like having soo much coco to clean and process,so the 1gallon is much easier for me to handle,but ill think about the 2gallon if the yield will go up?..

and last question,at sustainable village.com..they have something called the "deck and planter kit"..is THIS the "patiokit"?..how much pots does the deck and patio handle?,the only other one i found was 50 drippers,and thats 300$..theres no way ima spend that kinda money,and prolly end up collecting dust,cus i cannot build anything to save my life lol.thank youu

In coco, one gallon pots will work. I have had six foot plants in one gallon pots (top heavy). The downside is more frequent watering, as a full grown plant will suck the moisture out of a one gallon pot daily. Yield is not that much different if you keep them watered/fed daily. If you want an easier grow with less frequent watering, go with 3 gallon pots, but the one gallons work for sure.
The patio kit works. I believe it contains a dozen "carrots", if memory serves me.

St3ve

The downside of more frequent watering is also the upside. The more times you can water a day the more o2 and the fast veg/growth.

and yes, as long as you have the watering automated, the overall yield isn't any better or worse. Just really effects veg speed. (for the most part)

BudHazer

Hello,

i'm using the blumat system on earth since about 2 years now and i'm very happy with this little miracle.

i was wondering how you guys handle the blumats on coco? i mean there is no drain using the blumats. do you water by hand seperately once a week to get the 20% drain that should be targeted?

i am thinking of switching to coco but don't want to get rid of my blumats

St3ve

Hello,

i'm using the blumat system on earth since about 2 years now and i'm very happy with this little miracle.

i was wondering how you guys handle the blumats on coco? i mean there is no drain using the blumats. do you water by hand seperately once a week to get the 20% drain that should be targeted?

i am thinking of switching to coco but don't want to get rid of my blumats

The reason for the 20% run off is to flush out accumulated salt build up in the coco. When using blumats, you want to use a product called drip-clean which keeps the salts from falling out of the water so build up does not occur in the coco. (or lines) People have been using this combination with great success.

BudHazer

The reason for the 20% run off is to flush out accumulated salt build up in the coco. When using blumats, you want to use a product called drip-clean which keeps the salts from falling out of the water so build up does not occur in the coco. (or lines) People have been using this combination with great success.

Thank you Steve,

so how often would you recommend to flush the palnts with drip-clean? or does drip-clean avoid that you have to drain up to 20%? on earth i always used florakleen over the last 2 days to get rid of the whole nuts.

Sorry for my english but some stuff might be spelled wrong or so - i'm from autria

Kit Kat

Drip Clean when used at 1ml/g (listed dosage for just keeping lines clean is .4ml/g) will help keep the medium from building up too much according to DHF. With blumats/drip clean you do not need to flush or run off during watering - just at the very end.

BudHazer

Drip Clean when used at 1ml/g (listed dosage for just keeping lines clean is .4ml/g) will help keep the medium from building up too much according to DHF. With blumats/drip clean you do not need to flush or run off during watering - just at the very end.

Thank you so much! I replied to your grow report. might have a look.

supernuck

awesome work in here! Coco in small pots has always been my favorite this thread was excellent thanks Desert Hydro!:tiphat: